• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nintendo hardware confirmed.

EmCeeGramr said:
A box that plays some kind of video games, to be released within the next 3 years.
It's not going to be a traditional "box" that you plug into your TV to play games.

Remember that quote from....I think it was Reggie?...awhile back?

LIAR.

donny2112

You do realize that they're always working on new hardware, right? Right?

That said, DS2 is likely to come first, but still, Miyamoto saying that part of what he's working on is new hardware is non-news.

Oli

They are always at work on a new console, most likely. The question of more importance is when it will come out.

So a major console manufacturer, the most successful this current cycle, is developing a successor to its current product?

Fascinating.

Hugbot

Was looking for something more than "we're gonna release something new eventually," but news is news I guess.

Breaking news: Iwata denies Miyamoto's claims of Nintendo making new hardware, intends to sell current DSi and Wii products until end of time

selig

Banned
but this is still the first real acknowledgement of new hardware by one of the higher-ups at Nintendo

are you kidding me?!

someone add 1up to the banned websites. They should have interviewed me, I could have told them that. And while they ask me, I´d also tell them that Nintendo is working on a Starfox-game, a new F-Zero-game, a new Animal Crossing, Smash Bros., and, and, and.

Jumping into modern times, Miyamoto remarked that an idea for Super Mario Galaxy came from a hamster he was caring for at his house. He was faced at the time with such problems as the high hurdles of 3D control and how to allow for Mario to run freely like a hamster. To make a game that anyone could play, Galaxy was set on spheres with its gravity centered on one point, allowing players to return to the same point even if they run around aimlessly.
Oh, wow. O_O

I guess our assumption of "NintenCats" from him having a cat might mean something else.

seady

It has been a long time since we have a true new hardware (not upgrade/slim etc)... we have never waited so long...

1995 - Saturn, Playstation
1996 - N64
1997 -
1998 -
1999 - Dreamcast
2000 - Playstation 2
2001 - Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, Xbox
2002 -
2003 -
2004 - NDS
2005 - PSP, Xbox 360
2006 - Playstation 3, Wii
2007 -
2008 -
2009 -
2010 -

I'm wondering if the Vitality Sensor is going being incorporated into some sort of self-contained hand-held targeted as some sort of portable fitness aid.

Wouldn't put it past them given the monies Wii Fit must have brought in.

yukonrye

HA! I knew it!

The rumors of Nintendo burning down their R&D department shortly after the release of the Wii were utter bullshit!

I don't like companies that try to deceive me. I think I'll pass.

Top Bottom