• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Nvidia RTX 4000 Adola Lovelace Cards Announced | RTX 4090 (1599$) October 12th | RTX 4080 (1199$)

Just saw the euro prices.
1959 euro for the 4090
1469 euro for the 4080 16GB
1099 euro for the 4070 4080 12GB

Probably AIB cards will be +100-200 euro across the line up.

Not true . The 3080 at least used will be the price of the ps5 if not cheaper . And that’s like 2 times more powerful than ps5
Yeah good luck playing games on that 3080. Might need some additional parts. At least if you make a comparison, make it make sense.

Last edited:

CuNi

8th Gen with Ada. Turing and Ampere were 7th Gen. AV1 encode is new, unsure on other details.

Oh, damn now I'm jealous. Thought maybe it gets improved H265 perf, but didn't expect them to even sneak in AV1 encode.
Eases the pain a little, knowing twitch doesn't allow AV1 streams as yet.

CuNi

O boy do you realy think that? And they build a version for the PS5 and then tune everthing down for the PS4. Cous downtuning is much more easy to do than upscaling everything like building in 3d sound haptic feedback and adaptive triggers and making use of the SSD and the faster hardware.
Dude theyr are games build for the PS5 only, and next year, so in 2023 theyr wil be many many more.

I will be honest with you.
We're heading into insane inflation and most likely a huge recession. Everything gets more expensive.
Gas/Electricity on top of that too.
With games costing more and PS5 even increasing its price, I don't think that we will see a huge amount of next-gen "only" games and as many will be cross gen as possible simply to push numbers on those games at least throughout 2023.
Not to say we won't see any next gen only games but I'd say we should lower expectations.

//DEVIL//

Just saw the euro prices.
1959 euro for the 4090
1469 euro for the 4080 16GB
1099 euro for the 4070 4080 12GB

Probably AIB cards will be +100-200 euro across the line up.

Yeah good luck playing games on that 3080. Might need some additional parts. At least if you make a comparison, make it make sense.
Just like good luck making the ps5 do 20% of what a pc can do ? Good luck with that .

LordOfChaos

Lol. Lmao. They should chart CEO Math on one of these graphs.

FdG7RH3X0AE3kXT

Last edited:
What do you expect them to do? They are a business, and have excess stock of 3000 series cards. They need to move stock of 3000 series by dropping the price.
If they keep prices of 3000 series high and make up some bs, then yeah call them out, but doing normal things related to supply and demand, all good.

They will release 4060s /4070s /4050s down the line. They always release top dogs first. Nothing new.

On a side note, do we even need this now? Outside of people with old gpus, what games take advantage of this? 4k monitors are expensive (unlike tv counterparts).
My 3060ti is maxing out everything @1080p and getting at least 60fps in everything @1440p. I was getting impressive stats on my 2060 too.

We don't get new Cyrsis style exclusives anymore sadly. Cyberpunk was the closet thing to it, and even then you can get 100+ fps if you turn off ray tracing effects.
A PS5 matches a 3060 so no you don't need a 4090. We're getting PS5 ports for the next 5 years at least.

But PC gamers are a strange breed.

b0bbyJ03

My enthusiasm has limits. Never thought I’d see the day, but this is more than I’m willing to pay and it’s not because of affordability. At some point principles kick in. Not going to say anything negative about anyone who participates, but this is more than I’m willing to pay. Good luck to those that want it. Hope it’s available this time around.

Fredrik

Your CPU is fine. Slap a gen 3 or 4 NVME in there and you're good to go until the end of this console generation.
You think so? I assumed it was getting old.
I don’t think my MB is gen 4 compatible though, Prime B450 plus, trying to Google it but can only find talk about gen 3.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I absolutely love how in the era of global energy crisis and high inflation consumer companies are releasing even more energy-hungry products. What could go wrong?
Now imagine if everyone has to plug in their cars. Wait... can this card charge the cars?

Cyberpunkd

Now imagine if everyone has to plug in their cars. Wait... can this card charge the cars?
Already in Poland they run simulations that using an electric car is worse price-wise than buying gas. One reason for that being: electric cars were meant to be a cheap, affordable means of transportation but people didn't want to drive in small, ugly ones.
So EV manufacturers made them like gas cars - huge battery, luxurious, big, heavy.

DeaDPo0L84

The real question is do I bother with the upcoming13th gen cpus or try and snag a 12700k/12900k if the price drops considerably...

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hmm was hoping for better pricing. Ot because I will buy these cards but was hoping it would put downward pressure on the 6800XT. Guess I will buy in at $500 really wanted to wait till $300 but that isn't gonna happen for awhile.

OZ9000

Banned
Yo remember when $1600 was the cost for an entry level high-end PC?
I wonder how much it costs to manufacture the 4090.

But Nvidia are smart because most people will blindly buy the card irrespective of the price.

The most I've ever paid for a GPU is £550 and that was when I purchased the RTX 2080 at launch - more than 4 years ago.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
My enthusiasm has limits. Never thought I’d see the day, but this is more than I’m willing to pay and it’s not because of affordability. At some point principles kick in. Not going to say anything negative about anyone who participates, but this is more than I’m willing to pay. Good luck to those that want it. Hope it’s available this time around.

Same. I’ve got other hobbies and feel like the money I’m expected to pay to stay with the times in videogames, is more then I want to spend.

Throw in a higher power draw and the whole package is losing appeal.

Orta

Banned
Absolute piss take those prices, not that I was considering either, I always go with the XX70 gpu but I'm guessing it'll probably turn up at around 800 notes based on the 4080 rrp.

Fuck right off. Be better off hunting down a 3070 at a decent price.

OZ9000

Banned
My thoughts too. Whilst I can afford it, I cannot justify to ever spend that kind of money on a piece of video game hardware. I do miss the days when £400 would have previously netted you the most powerful GPU on the market. Now that barely qualifies for entry level.

//DEVIL//

Well we're comparing it for gaming right otherwise what point are you trying to make? I can do more with a PC with integrated graphics than I can do with a PS5.
I wasn’t making any point. I was talking about purely about the fact it was said the 3080 cost 3x times the ps5 . Which is not true.

lukilladog

Nvidia: "These are now our entry level cards starting at $329"

No, that is your failure to draw a line on your profiteering.

Last edited:

Crayon

Same. I’ve got other hobbies and feel like the money I’m expected to pay to stay with the times in videogames, is more then I want to spend.

Throw in a higher power draw and the whole package is losing appeal.

I consider this kind of performance to be staying way ahead of the times. Like all I need is 1440/60 with rt options on compared to a ps5 that can only do that at 30fps. Or basically like 2x ps5 to "stay with the times". These cards completely blow that out of the water. I don't know if I could really put this 4090 to use if I tried. If staying with the times means having the top hardware for it's own sake then I'd be out, too.

Generally speaking, i guess my predictions were right:

4K 120fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR
8K 60fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR

I am thinking that RDNA 3 will bring 4K, 120fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR at a much more affordable price point to match NVIDIA's offerings. I don't think RDNA 3 will touch 8K gaming, unless it's like a 20-year-old game re-modded.

Generally speaking, i guess my predictions were right:

4K 120fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR
8K 60fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR

I am thinking that RDNA 3 will bring 4K, 120fps, HDR, Raytracing, VRR at a much more affordable price point to match NVIDIA's offerings. I don't think RDNA 3 will touch 8K gaming, unless it's like a 20-year-old game re-modded.
You think 4090 Ti will handle 8K 60FPS?

Top Bottom