• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Perry Bible Fellowship 10/26/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey79

perrybible2.jpg

:D

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face

I don't think this has anything to do with the easter bunny. They kill the bunny, the parents buy a new one, the kids don't know it and think the dead bunny came back to life.

The bunny is symbolic for the actual easter event. The kids do think that it was resurrected, but it's not *the* easter bunny. It's sort of an allusion.

Fifty

I've seen a lot Perry Bibles, and I really liked them, but after checking out the ones posted in the thread I think it's the greatest comic ever. :D Brilliantly funny. This should run next to the Family Circus nationwide.

SFA_AOK

I think Perry Bible is awesome - at times. People have posted some of the ones I've liked best but recently, I've not been liking them so much. The last one I really liked was Gotcha the Clown.

Perry bible makes me smile, but it never makes me laugh. Some of these I find boring (the puppy one and the tranquilizer one), and other ones (the fantasy train and the screwdriver man) I find more clever than funny. That's my most common reaction when I read the average P.B. strip: "that was clever" *smile*

demon said:

I don't think this has anything to do with the easter bunny. They kill the bunny, the parents buy a new one, the kids don't know it and think the dead bunny came back to life.
It's just a stuffed bunny. The boys upset the girl by doing a mock crucifixion of it. If you look in the second panel you can see tears under the arms and on the foot and ear of the fabric bunny. That's why the parents are so calm, rather than saying "OMG!!!! THEY NAILED OUR DAUGHTER'S PET RABBIT TO A CROSS!!!! CALL THE POLICE ON THE SICK LITTLE BASTARDS!!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom