• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon X & Y News Incoming

I'm not sure how he was gimped aside from Stealth Rock.

He's probably the strongest he's ever been and he's still bad.

Yeah, they buffed Charizard significantly with Solar Flare. Unfortunately, it still has issues, is still outclassed, and Solar Flare, the only reason you'd use it, is really hard to get without hacking.

fates

Well, in the dragon one in BW2 you could choose who to fight. One of my favorite gyms.

I think they mean to take on gyms in any order, like fighting Brock 8th and Koga 1st, etc.

I doubt that'll happen due to the natural progression of the game.

What I'm hoping to see is the trainers in-battle, I hope they don't use their map models because that'll look really awkward next to the excellent Pokemon renders.

So, was it confirmed that Game Freak are using the Pokedex 3D Pro models for this game, except changed for the new engine (cel-shading, etc)?

Kyzer

Banned
800px-JunichiMasudaJI2.jpg

My body is ready.

Keyouta

So we should expect the news in English officially sometime near the release of it in Japan since these games are out in October worldwide, right?

I remember when Bellyzard was a threat... and now it's like, "Oh, Charizard? Meh." Lol. Kind of sad. :(

Nahh but forrealz, mono Poison types need to be better. x.x

Yeah, it sucks even the levitating Koffing/Weezing with one weakness and some interesting skills just languishes.

Grass/Fire/Chlorophyll. That would be neat.

Would help the wierd duality that weather has, but weather in general is bursting at the seams of balanced as is.

TrickRoom

800px-JunichiMasudaJI2.jpg

My body is ready.

It makes me wonder where Satoshi Tajiri is in all of this. Does he ever "appear" anywhere? He's the "original" Pokemon creator after all, and while Masuda fills all the proper roles for representing Pokemon, I'm surprised we don't get much word of him.

(Maybe he's unobtainable...)

Atrarock

There is no such Pokemon >.>

Druddigon says otherwise.

Druddigon is my favorite, as well as a strong defensive wall with some nice offense to boot. One of my main gripes of Black2/White2 was that you couldn't get it before the climax of the game.

I really hope next week's announcement is either glorious or fun, and not just a bunch of random men in Eevee costumes.

Makonero

It makes me wonder where Satoshi Tajiri is in all of this. Does he ever "appear" anywhere? He's the "original" Pokemon creator after all, and while Masuda fills all the proper roles for representing Pokemon, I'm surprised we don't get much word of him.

You have to surf along the coast of Japan after talking to the customs officer that blocks you from entering the country. There's a good chance that if you have candy in your pocket when he shows up, it will be duplicated exponentially.

Sandfox

Apparently its because he has Asperger's syndrome.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Satoshi Tajiri is the CEO, so there's that.

And yeah Cynthia love may sound plentiful, but she has the team to back it up. A team of Pokemon with good IVs, really good team distribution (I think the only thing that sucks on her team is Glaceon), and has that really cool aura.

And the most ignored Gen1 starter is currently the best of the three, hah! They even gave it Weather Ball, too bad it's not the one with Clorophyll. Imagine Clorophyll Venusaur with Weather Ball. Hilariously enough, Ninetales would probably be ignored without its Dream World ability Drought.

no, different models.
Actually of the models they have shown the only new one is Pikachu.
He's never been good

Charizard is at his best in BW. True story.
Lets look at the tiers.
Gen I=OU
Gen II=OU
Gen III=OU
Gen IV=UU
Gen V=NU
Yeah, he was totally bad before and is at his best in BW.
So nothing came out of this? Op made me think it would've came out today
How could you read the OP and think that?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lets look at the tiers.
Gen I=OU
Gen II=OU
Gen III=OU
Gen IV=UU
Gen V=NU
Yeah, he was totally bad before and is at his best in BW.

Tiers don't imply an individual's use though, it's because of competition.

Gen V Charizard would curbstomp Gen I Charizard. Gen I Charizard would die easily in the Gen V environment.

Tiers don't imply an individual's use though, it's because of competition.

Gen V Charizard would curbstomp Gen I Charizard. Gen I Charizard would die easily in the Gen V environment.
He was "nerfed" due to not evolving with the meta game, yes his move set is better now but that doesn't mean jack due to the game around him.
Point is he was good at one point.

Top Bottom