• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon X & Y News Incoming

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck competitive battling in general. So many cool Pokemon aren't viable in it =/.

That's a bridge too far. It's normal not everyone is viable, but the tiers give those Pokemon separate metagames.

Nori Chan

Actually of the models they have shown the only new one is Pikachu.
Lets look at the tiers.
Gen I=OU
Gen II=OU
Gen III=OU
Gen IV=UU
Gen V=NU
Yeah, he was totally bad before and is at his best in BW.
How could you read the OP and think that?
I read it when it was first posted and not edited?

7RS8o9S.png

Is this trickery? Am I being tricked here?

Can someone give me a recap of what countries/continents the past regions were based on, and which country/continent X/Y is speculated on being based on?

Can someone give me a recap of what countries/continents the past regions were based on, and which country/continent X/Y is speculated on being based on?
Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh: Various parts of Japan.
Unova: New York City
X/Y: Seems likely to be set in Paris, due to an Eiffel Tower like structure being visible in the trailer.

Aside from Unova(NY) and ????(France), Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh are all based on places in Japan.

Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh: Various parts of Japan.
Unova: New York City
X/Y: Seems likely to be set in Paris, due to an Eiffel Tower like structure being visible in the trailer.

Black and White is New York, America
X and Y is Paris, France. (I'm not sure if they would included other countries yet)

Thanks guys

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Black and White is New York, America
X and Y is Paris, France. (I'm not sure if they would included other countries yet)

Belgium being the Southern part of the region would be so great. They could include our lamest fucking monument Manneken Pis.

Out of curiosity what was everyone's favorite pokmon design?
I personally like any pokemon that looks like a bear or some big bigfoot looking monster. So you can kinda guess that Slaking, Abomasnow (wish he wasn't so weak), and Ursaring look the best to me.

I'm just asking because I'd like to know what kinda pokemon designs ppl like the best, and the fact that most people didn't like the past regions pokemon designs it'd be nice to know ppl's preference's.

Aggrotek

I personally like any pokemon that looks like a bear or some big bigfoot looking monster. So you can kinda guess that Slaking, Abomasnow (wish he wasn't so weak), and Ursaring look the best to me.

I'm just asking because I'd like to know what kinda pokemon designs ppl like the best, and the fact that most people didn't like the past regions pokemon designs it'd be nice to know ppl's preference's.

560.png

248.png

253.png

I tend to gravitate towards Pokémon with more "cartoony" designs and Pokémon with swords for hands. Oddly specific, but here's my top 10 for proof:

1. Scrafty
2. Munchlax
3. Espeon
4. Crobat
5. Dwebble
6. Togekiss
7. Gallade
8. Hydreigon
9. Bisharp
10. Blaziken

EDIT: Aggrotek knows what's up.

ffdgh

Cool/slim/cute/adorable/ and strong pokemon with some exceptions here and there.

Aggrotek

I tend to gravitate towards Pokémon with more "cartoony" designs and Pokémon with swords for hands. Oddly specific, but here's my top 10 for proof:

1. Scrafty
2. Munchlax
3. Espeon
4. Crobat
5. Dwebble
6. Togekiss
7. Gallade
8. Hydreigon
9. Bisharp
10. Blaziken

*cue brofist* as per the usual.

Scrafty defense force ho!

1. Scrafty
2. Munchlax
3. Espeon
4. Crobat
5. Dwebble
6. Togekiss
7. Gallade
8. Hydreigon
9. Bisharp
10. Blaziken

I don't know why I'm not surprised most ppl would like Scrafty's design lol. I think it's mostly because he kinda looks like he's wearing pants which is pretty cool in pokemon terms.

Welp hopefully one of the new pokemon include another dog pokemon, because Houndour and Mightyena looked boss. Never liked Houndour's evolution look though :(

How can you go from something awesome like this
houndour.jpg

To this
houndoom.jpg

I know some probably like his evolution look, but i never did. He looks way too lanky, and I didn't like the horns.

Gravijah

I don't know why I'm not surprised most ppl would like Scrafty's design lol. I think it's mostly because he kinda looks like he's wearing pants which is pretty cool in pokemon terms.

Scrafty is outshined by the best Fighting type ever, who was also introduced in Gen V.

Welp hopefully one of the new pokemon include another dog pokemon, because Houndour and Mightyena looked boss. Never liked Houndour's evolution look though :(

How can you go from something awesome like this
http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/houndour.jpg/IMG]
To this
[IMG]http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/houndoom.jpg
I know some probably like his evolution look, but i never did. He looks way too lanky, and I didn't like the horns.

Houndoom is awesome, why are you hating? He's a doberman. That's how doberman look!

I love most steel pokes. There's just something so... Sexy... About those shiny surfaces and sharp edges. Exceptions are magnezone and mawile (yuck!). Favorites include excadrill, scizor, bronzong, metagros, aggron, steelix and empoleon. So much looove!

ffdgh

I love most steel pokes. There's just something so... Sexy... About those shiny surfaces and sharp edges. Exceptions are magnezone and mawile (yuck!). Favorites include excadrill, scizor, bronzong, metagros, aggron, steelix and empoleon. So much looove!

How dare you leave out lucario and his shiny.......fur aura.

Aggrotek

Mawile is awesome...

303.png

Houndoom is awesome, why are you hating? He's a doberman. That's how doberman look!

He does look like a doberman which I like. It's just the way they made the horns too big and long and making them curve. I just think if they would've made his ears normal or just plain sharp like a doberman's he would've been cool.

Dat Metagross. Dude looks and attacks like a tank. I don't think I ever went through a pokemon game without him on my team... well except the one's he's not in of course.

Top Bottom