• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokémon X & Y News Incoming

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, I know. It's just kind of frustrating though to have the same dual types introduced again, again, and again... and the new ones they come up with happen to be legendaries (Fire/Dragon... WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO CHARIZARD ><)

Even with Dragon typing Charizard will still be shitty due to its stats and waldo cobblestones.

qq more

I really hope they don't put like 20 legendaries again. The cover legendaries and a trio would be more than enough.
Yeah, there's wayyyyy too many legendaries at this point. They really need to settle down.

Pokewalker 3DSware using the 3DS pedometer?

I've been thinking that too. It would work... although I personally prefer the Pokewalker itself (it was awesome carrying that thing). But yeah either one works!

Was it ever confirmed the estimate of the amount of new Pokemon? I heard somewhere it was around 50 odd, but don't quote me on th- GET AWAY FROM THAT QUOTE BUTTON!!!

I'd be happy with us being at an even 700. As long as the new ones are more memorable, not what I can say for the 5th gen and to a small extent 4th (most of whom weren't evo-related).

Salvadora

We won't know how many event Pokemon exist this time due to the 3DS not being hackable/DLC, right? That could make things interesting.

Even with Dragon typing Charizard will still be shitty due to its stats and waldo cobblestones.

Yeah, incognito quartz really screwed up the little that Charizard had going for it.

Ah well, it's lucky Charizard's so overrated that people actually still use it online. Free kills everywhere :D

Revven

Yeah, incognito quartz really screwed up the little that Charizard had going for it.

Ah well, it's lucky Charizard's so overrated that people actually still use it online. Free kills everywhere :D

I remember when Bellyzard was a threat... and now it's like, "Oh, Charizard? Meh." Lol. Kind of sad. :(

Nahh but forrealz, mono Poison types need to be better. x.x

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, 3DS still isn't totally hacked so we'd be entering blind. Sametime worldwide release also helps.

People would break streetdate tho :(

I remember when Bellyzard was a threat... and now it's like, "Oh, Charizard? Meh." Lol. Kind of sad. :(
So that explains why Charizard is fat :p

We won't know how many event Pokemon exist this time due to the 3DS not being hackable/DLC, right? That could make things interesting.
It isn't now. Who knows by October.

And don't get your hopes up. At most it'll be the professor, a couple of NPCs, the bird Pokémon, the mammal Pokémon and the bug Pokémon. But well, more stuffs is always cool.

Regarding the type combinations, there are many that need to see the light. Poison really deserves some, as well as a Poison legendary.

JoeM86

It doesn't matter if the 3DS is hacked if the Pokemon aren't actually in the game, with Spotpass downloads & whatever.

Just general DLC is likely.

We know from Masuda's statements that they won't include paid DLC in this, so it will most likely be free. It's unclear if they'll ever add stuff like a new island or anything, but the Mythical Pokémon are something I WANT them to do through a DLC download that's mandatory if you want to go online once it has been revealed (a patch could do it).

I am sick of people saying "Why's this revealed? I've had one for years" whenever a Mythical Pokémon is revealed.

Salvadora

Even if it was how would that help when the worldwide release is the same everywhere?

How long do you think it will be before they distribute some of these Pokemon, in any region? It will just be interesting to see new Pokemon we haven't seen before long after the game releases.

hemtae

Nahh but forrealz, mono Poison types need to be better. x.x

With dragon typing, bellyzard would be semi-workable since stealth rock wouldn't totally ruin its day.

Hopefully the event stuff si spotpass DLc like fire emblem and not me ahving to go ot game spot1.

im guessing evolutions or professor/ world reveal

hemtae

It'll be left with 3/4th HP, and an attempt to drum would kill it with an EQ.
well the theory goes that you wouldn't switch in on something like that. Same way you didn't switch in on a suicune or something during 386 or anything that could be messing around with rock slide during advance

Oh cool.

I want to see more of this Franco-European region the game's centered around. If it's like a mix between Kanto and Sinnoh, then I'll be quite happy. Other than that, the usual early Pokémon and character reveals are fine with me.

Ultimately, I just want Hoenn Contests to return. Maybe I'll just wait for the remakes.

Yeah, even in the formats without stealth rock Charizard has issues with both its speed and its stats not fitting its movepool. I mean, it has a physical movepool but its stats are special-based. Huh?

If the normal patterns hold true, they won't be revealing common things like regional birds or early bugs or whatever. There'll be a mascot, and maybe an Eeveelution.

Top Bottom