• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokemon Sun and Moon video in Septh 14th (Japan time 10pm)

rQQkfzd.png

MIunWZO.gif

I don't think Ultra Beasts will be capturable. It just doesn't sound right. Ultra Beasts don't seem like Pokemon, more like something else entirely.

They also seem pretty implicitly tied to certain characters. Seems weird that I could use one of their Ultra Beasts.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
After today, all I'm expecting from September 20 is Rockruff's new forms and a little more info than what CoroCoro had.

I think the UB:Expandong and UB:Beauty look really silly tbh, too anthrmorphic for my tastes.
The other two are silly but they're okay enough to fit the Pokémon series, these two I'm just not feeling it. Not against their existence in the games or anything but I'm kinda feeling like with Sun and Moon the new director was like "Now that the old guy is gone we can get this Pokemon party started the right way" and just ecstatically screamed yes to every idea that was brought to him.

It might just be during certain sequences and not the entire game, Sun will mostly take place during the day probably.

Won't Sun, because it follows the clock on your 3DS, take place mostly during whatever time you play?

While Moon, being 12 hours ahead, will just be the opposite!

Thats how that works, right? I feel like I see a lot of stuff thrown around about this mechanic

Forkball

What a thrill ride that trailer was.

The muscle one reminds me of Terraformers so much. Thankfully it's not in superior Moon.

Wow, the ESRB has already rated this game "E" (for everyone).

Doesn't that mean that the game is pretty much complete at this point? I thought ESRB ratings weren't provisional, and were only granted when work was complete?

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I don't think Ultra Beasts will be capturable. It just doesn't sound right. Ultra Beasts don't seem like Pokemon, more like something else entirely.

They also seem pretty implicitly tied to certain characters. Seems weird that I could use one of their Ultra Beasts.
I keep seeing these type of posts but I just don't see the reasoning behind it.We have an abundance of "Pokemon" who are actually straight up aliens from outer space,ancient beings who are identified as "Pokemon", inorganic species who are categorized as "Pokemon" and an abundance of human shaped "Pokemon" to boot.

Is it truely a stretch for the UB to be Pokemon even if they have a human shape and are from a different dimension? Heck the creation Trio also appear during a dimensional rifts so that's nothing new and Legendaries disguising themselves as Humans isn't a new concept either if the Pokémon Anime and Movies are anything to go by.

Doesn't that mean that the game is pretty much complete at this point? I thought ESRB ratings weren't provisional, and were only granted when work was complete?

I think the publisher send the ESRB a reel of the strongest content in the game to review. They don't play through the complete release.

Forkball

English stuff:

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ultra-beasts-threaten-alola/

During your adventure in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, the Ultra Beasts appear—and attack the Alola region! UB-01 was recently revealed, and now there are two more: UB-02 Absorption and UB-02 Beauty. Their numbers and purposes are not known, but it does look like there may be additional Ultra Beasts beyond UB-01 and UB-02.

The Ultra Beast known as UB-02 Absorption appears in Pokémon Sun, and the extent of its strength is unknown. Its entire body is covered with bulging, powerful muscles. The full force of a punch powered by these muscles would be off the charts! Its distinctively long mouth is said to be harder than diamonds. Could the Ultra Beast also use it to attack?

The Ultra Beast with the codename UB-02 Beauty appears in Pokémon Moon. What kind of power does it possess? Its narrow, graceful legs allow it to accelerate with such explosive speed that people claim it can dodge lightning! It is said that any Pokémon that sees UB-02 Beauty, regardless of its own gender, will become infatuated with it and lose the will to battle. The exact reason for this reaction—whether it's an unidentified pheromone exuded by UB-02 Beauty or a hypnotic effect induced by its appearance—has not been determined.

Visit Pokemon.com/SunMoon for more details about Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, arriving later this year!

So he's being called Absorption for us English speakers. Huh.

Based on the fanart Beauty's charm extends to people as well. Hohohoho

Even if they can fight, I still think UBs will be NPC bosses. I mean they're even all based on invertebrates, as per Lovecraftian custom. We're just missing a mollusk.

To get an ESRB rating, you send in a video of the most graphic scenes in your game and whatever flags the esrb guidelines. The game doesn't actually need to be complete as long as it doesn't have anymore graphic scenes to be done that would up the rating

I keep seeing these type of posts but I just don't see the reasoning behind it.We have an abundance of "Pokemon" who are actually straight up aliens from outer space,ancient beings who are identified as "Pokemon", inorganic species who are categorized as "Pokemon" and an abundance of human shaped "Pokemon" to boot.

Is it truely a stretch for the UB to be Pokemon even if they have a human shape and are from a different dimension? Heck the creation Trio also appear during a dimensional rifts so that's nothing new and Legendaries disguising themselves as Humans isn't a new concept either if the Pokémon Anime and Movies are anything to go by.

I hear you, I think my argument mostly stems from the fact that the title 'Ultra Beast' seems important and a differing factor when comparing them to Pokemon.

Sure, looking different is not damming enough evidence. But, especially with how many new ideas this gen seems to be employing, I think they HAVE to be different.

Wouldn't we rather have some crazy boss fights than just another slew of, what are basically, legendary pokemon? GF MUST know we have too many legendaries. I don't think Ultra Beasts are in the cards.

Edit: I think I really am just hoping they're not wannabe legendaries. I don't know. NPC bosses just seems more exciting.

Edit 2: ugh already feeling defeated because the website's verbage makes them sound like pokemon.

I hear you, I think my argument mostly stems from the fact that the title 'Ultra Beast' seems important and a differing factor when comparing them to Pokemon.

Sure, looking different is not damming enough evidence. But, especially with how many new ideas this gen seems to be employing, I think they HAVE to be different.

Wouldn't we rather have some crazy boss fights than just another slew of, what are basically, legendary pokemon? GF MUST know we have too many legendaries. I don't think Ultra Beasts are in the cards.

Edit: I think I really am just hoping they're not wannabe legendaries. I don't know. NPC bosses just seems more exciting.
Ultra Beasts also don't appear in the Pokemon section on the website, even though weirdos like Type: Null do.

Top Bottom