• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 with Horizon Forbidden West bundle

Wohc

Banned
I'm more surprised they didn't try this tactic with games like Returnal, it would've propelled that games sales.
Guess Returnal was not that expensive to make and market so Sony may not be in a hurry to generate revenue. Ratchet or Demon Souls neither had a boost or fast price drops and The last time i checked a used Demon Souls from 2020 was more expansive than a sealed HFW from 2022.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Where is your source?
A Mans Butt GIF

anthony2690

Banned
Guess Returnal was not that expensive to make and market so Sony may not be in a hurry to generate revenue. Ratchet or Demon Souls neither had a boost or fast price drops and The last time i checked a used Demon Souls from 2020 was more expansive than a sealed HFW from 2022.
In the UK ratchet and clank dropped from £70 to £50-55 the same day it came out.

It's frequently £25 on sale too brand new too.

But I do think it was obvious since the reveals that Returnal, Ratchet probably cost nowhere near as much to make as Sony's bigger budget games like forbidden west, god of war 2, gran turismo 7 that are multiplatform.

What makes the £70 stranger to me, but I guess the other titles will recoup the money via PS4 versions etc.

I also wish they let you choose what game you wanted bundled with your ps5 if they are going to force a bundle.

As I would've chosen demon souls over miles Morales any day off the week (I sadly didn't enjoy miles Morales, but I'm not a super hero fan)

Wohc

Banned
In the UK ratchet and clank dropped from £70 to £50-55 the same day it came out.

It's frequently £25 on sale too brand new too.

But I do think it was obvious since the reveals that Returnal, Ratchet probably cost nowhere near as much to make as Sony's bigger budget games like forbidden west, god of war 2, gran turismo 7 that are multiplatform.

What makes the £70 stranger to me, but I guess the other titles will recoup the money via PS4 versions etc.

I also wish they let you choose what game you wanted bundled with your ps5 if they are going to force a bundle.

As I would've chosen demon souls over miles Morales any day off the week (I sadly didn't enjoy miles Morales, but I'm not a super hero fan)
50 on day one? Weird, in Germany

2021 R&C is still 50+ (german version, no Pegi import):

2020 Demon Souls also 50+ (german version, no Pegi import):

2022 HFW on the other hand (german version, no Pegi import):

Yeah it would be great if you could choose the games, but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
It's worth it, only if the game is physical.

If it's digital installed on the console, I completely forget about it
I got a physical bundle with Horizon and Ratchet, but having discs around when everything else this gen is digital and I can load straight from the OS is actually quite annoying.

50 on day one? Weird, in Germany

2021 R&C is still 50+ (german version, no Pegi import):

2020 Demon Souls also 50+ (german version, no Pegi import):

2022 HFW on the other hand (german version, no Pegi import):

Yeah it would be great if you could choose the games, but it is what it is.
Damn, Horizon was €25 at one point. The power of bundles.

Wohc

Banned
Source: trust me bro 😁
The effort into making sure this game is seen as a flop, lmao.

Source on those 50%?
Jesus guys, why are you so mad? In the end it doesn't matter why it sold that often and it's a compliment for Sony's cleverness. Fact is, it sold very often and in a few years nobody asks why. Sony's tactic is just very interesting right now and it explains why the physical charts are so different compared to the digial sales in some countries. Would really like to know if it's a worldwide thing. I already said that the number was my guess, see above.

SLB1904

Banned
Jesus guys, why are you so mad? In the end it doesn't matter why it sold that often and it's a compliment for Sony's cleverness. Fact is, it sold very often and in a few years nobody asks why. Sony's tactic is just very interesting right now and it explains why the physical charts are so different compared to the digial sales in some countries. Would really like to know if it's a worldwide thing. I already said that the number was my guess, see above.
Talk from ass... then "jeez guys why you heff be mad"

Will be a long ass year for some of you

Hezekiah

Banned
Bro nobody is mad, but you're triggered because of a number you pulled out of thin air lol.

Wohc

Banned
Bro nobody is mad, but you're triggered because of a number you pulled out of thin air lol.
Lol, what did you expect? A official PS blog post that says "Hi guys, we just wanted to let you know that 50% and so on"? This was obviously just my guess, because I'm watchting this stuff since months and just can't get my hands on a naked console.

Last edited:
Lol, what did you expect? A official PS blog post that says "Hi guys, we just wanted to let you know that 50% and so on"? This was obviously just my guess, because I'm watchting this stuff since months and just can't get my hands on a naked console.

I've had plenty of opportunities to get non-bundled consoles thanks to discord. You've just not been trying

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

If you throw out a specific number to make a point then yeah, people are going to ask you where you got that number. If your point was that it is a lot easier to get a PS5 if you are willing to buy a bundle then well......no shit.

Wohc

Banned
I've had plenty of opportunities to get non-bundled consoles thanks to discord. You've just not been trying
Dude, that BS makes me really mad. I've been trying it since 10 weeks or so. I saw a naked PS5 with disc drive like 2 times at Amazon and it was sold out in 5 seconds. Absolutley zero chance. I could have bought plenty of bundles, no problem. Just yesterday they were available half the day. But i'm not gonna pay a single cent more than 499.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Dude, that BS makes me really mad. I've been trying it since 10 weeks or so. I saw a naked PS5 with disc drive like 2 times at Amazon and it was sold out in 5 seconds. Absolutley zero chance. I could have bought plenty of bundles, no problem. Just yesterday they were available half the day. But i'm not gonna pay a single cent more than 499.
Well the console costs 499.99 so you'll be waiting a while.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
If you throw out a specific number to make a point then yeah, people are going to ask you where you got that number. If your point was that it is a lot easier to get a PS5 if you are willing to buy a bundle then well......no shit.
My bad. I thought it was more than obvious with my "easily" and it was already obvious that those 1/4 from the other guy also were just a guess. Next time i'll make it more clear.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
A guess presented as a fact.

Don't get triggered when you throw out a number and get pulled up on it. Not sure why this is difficult for you to understand....

Topher

Gold Member

You are not going to have much luck stumbling across PS5 in stock on Amazon. I bought mine at regular price at Best Buy. I used nowinstock.net and an app called "Hot Stock" to alert me when it was in stock. As Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping said, there is also discord. Having said that, the last 10 weeks have been probably been the worst time for anyone looking to buy a PS5. Sony announced stock levels would improve this year though so your chances should improve.

Wohc

Banned
A guess presented as a fact.

Don't get triggered when you throw out a number and get pulled up on it. Not sure why this is difficult for you to understand....
I even said easily, that already implies it was just a guess. But i get it. No more numbers except i have a source from now on. No problem.

Wohc

Banned
You are not going to have much luck stumbling across PS5 in stock on Amazon. I bought mine at regular price at Best Buy. I used nowinstock.net and an app called "Hot Stock" to alert me when it was in stock. As Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping said, there is also discord. Having said that, the last 10 weeks have been probably been the worst time for anyone looking to buy a PS5. Sony announced stock levels would improve this year though so your chances should improve.
Let me tell you what my setup is: Smartphone with telegramm, twitter and discord. Same for pc. I got like around 10 bots on sub. I also have a bargain forum on sub. Really tough, it was even easier to get a graphic card for a good price.
Unfortunatley we don't have Best Buy here and Amazon is really the only reatailer that sells the PS5 naked and even they also have bundles. But thx for the nowinstock tipp, gonna try that one.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Let me tell you what my setup is: Smartphone with telegramm, twitter and discord. Same for pc. I got like around 10 bots on sub. I also have a bargain forum on sub. Really tough, it was even easier to get a graphic card for a good price.
Unfortunatley we don't have Best Buy here and Amazon is really the only reatailer that sells the PS5 naked and even they also have bundles. But thx for the nowinstock tipp, gonna try that one.
Isn't Playstation Direct selling PS5s in Germany? Have you registered with them?

DaGwaphics

They had a Knack bundle for 439:
w4LOXd7.jpg

Yeah, I remember that. Was uncharted the first one they put in and left the price the same as a base console with no game? Or maybe uncharted legacy collection?

With the shortages and everything, I'm guessing we are a long ways off from that point with these consoles.

Last edited:

Wohc

Banned
Yeah, I remember that. Was uncharted the first one they put in and left the price the same as a base console with no game? Or maybe uncharted legacy collection?

With the shortages and everything, I'm guessing we are a long ways off from that point with these consoles.
Sorry, i don't remember the prices of all of thoses bundles. I only remember a nice looking but quite expensive Uncharted Limited Edition. I think it was around 500 Euro.

DaGwaphics

Sorry, i don't remember the prices of all of thoses bundles. I only remember a nice looking but quite expensive Uncharted Limited Edition. I think it was around 500 Euro.

Kind of a useless piece of trivia anyway, I was just curious.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Hate when you want a console and the only one you can find is bundled with a dud of a game thats just gonna sit in the packaging after the first week sixty bucks down the drain

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Not sure about Horizon 1, but HFW physical sales are easly 50% from bundles in many countries.
That can't be true at all.

1. Horizon Forbidden West sold around 200k within the first month in places like Germany and the UK.

2. Sales are only being boosted by around 2k-3k copies per week, which includes sales without bundles.

3. That's not enough to make up even half of the copies sold WITHOUT bundles within the first few months of the game's release.

The game is getting a boost in sales due to bundles, but it's only a small amount in comparison to how many copies sold over all.

skit_data

All of the twitter threads touching on the sales of Horizon FW is plastered with people saying the game ”sold badly therefore they’re bundling it”. The fuck is this, when did this shit become an argument?

I’ve never ever heard this being brought up in regards to a games sales ever before, but this game in particular seems to have brought out about a new inventive way of downplaying a games sales.

It’s interesting to see such a nonsensical reasoning spread so fast and with such a consistent messaging by such a large amount of people.

Kokoloko85

I wonder people don't have the same energy for Mario Kart bundles

Exactly. And Mario Kart 8 with the Switch was the same price as a Switch by itself. It was a free pack in

Thats why I bought it with Mario Kart even though I played it like twice. Already played it enough on the Wii U

All of the twitter threads touching on the sales of Horizon FW is plastered with people saying the game ”sold badly therefore they’re bundling it”. The fuck is this, when did this shit become an argument?

I’ve never ever heard this being brought up in regards to a games sales ever before, but this game in particular seems to have brought out about a new inventive way of downplaying a games sales.

It’s interesting to see such a nonsensical reasoning spread so fast and with such a consistent messaging by such a large amount of people.
People have been wanting this game to be a flop since day one for some reason.

It's like the theory that Tlou2 sales have been worse that ghost of Tsushima as well but that's from a very... specific crowd that wants that one to flop as well.

skit_data

People have been wanting this game to be a flop since day one for some reason.

It's like the theory that Tlou2 sales have been worse that ghost of Tsushima as well but that's from a very... specific crowd that wants that one to flop as well.
Yeah, if it’s not being ”Aloy is fat”, ”overshadowed by Elden Ring”, ”riddled with bugs and glitches” it’s ”getting bundled is an indication it’s failing”.
I don’t understand why so much energy is spent towards downplaying it.

Yep. Embarrassing at this point

:pla-882619520147%7ccrid:587991330707%7cnw:u%7crnd:3486088614912788653%7cdvc:m%7cadp:%7cmt:%7cloc:1006965&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=16586469281&utm_term=8349024&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=137424042631&utm_custom2=534-693-8244&GPDP=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvqeUBhCBARIsAOdt45aeg8VutPOnAbEdjnm0YUQJQ-rjvfgjgVVygWvIHHyGa--4kEGEdFkaAsasEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds[/URL]

BTW uk peeps. If you a ps5 with no horizon go ahead.
I don't know what sort of deal Argos did with Sony cause holy shit?
They had PS5 units for almost a week now and not even once did I see Amazon or most retailers in the UK with them lmao

Argos always show in stock even when they don't have.
Yeah but i have a friend that bought one like last Wednesday from there and he already has the PS5 at home with him so clearly they do have them that's the thing.

edit: This was the bundle he bought...it's now out of stock. But it was available for days and he bought it not even on its first day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom