• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 5 screens

zoukka said:
Speaking of lazy game design Dead Space is a prime example. Kinesis and stasis feel completely tacked on. Stasis is more fun, but it kills all the suspense with the bigger enemies.
This is poor justification for saying that those elements feel "tacked on".

I personally felt that the integration of Kinesis and Stasis was done very well. Not once did I question the purpose of their utilization in Dead Space - as I felt that their placement in the entire design of the game was well planned and thought out. (Some examples, of course, being the "puzzles" throughout the game, and the integration of those elements in the game's visual design.)

Dead Space, in my opinion, is one of the few games that doesn't have lazy design about it.

apoc_reg

Neo Member
Well I certainly will be playing with the classic RE4 controls if possible.

That game is soo amazing if its just that with new story id be delighted.

I own 4 on GameCube, Wii and PC I may actually be obsessed....

CosmicGroinPull said:
awww the clothes don't get wet... :(

joke?

Sorry It's hard to tel because people just bitch about everything sometimes... it's killing my sarcasm meter :(

RE5 ist lazy game design through and through.

I'm just quitting the internet. Thanks guys, its been a good run. I mean, I just don't have the energy to combat the stupid anymore.

Thrakier

zoukka said:
Like RE4 was? Yeah the complaints were massive for that game from media and gamers.

Sorry, but times changes, and regarding 3rd Person Shooter they changed very fast since RE4. I loved RE4 back then and I appreciate the impulse they gave to the genre A LOT.

I will buy RE5 day one and I will enjoy it, just because of the basic RE stuff, the story, the graphics, the locations, all that stuff. But please don't try to tell me that the whole RE5 Gunplay (AI etc.) feels like it's up to the other modern shooters. It's just stupid that you are surrounded by like 10 enemies and you just run through them and most of them don't even bother to try to hit you and those who try they are just to slow and you run around in a small area like a chicken for 5 minutes till a helicopter arrives. No, just no! Or that scene with the chainsaw guy "oh, look that's there, some red barrels right in the way of the chainsaw guy". Man, that feels soooo old. I fully understand why you enjoy the game but don't make RE5 something which it isn't.

Raziel

the white african village and the chainsaw guys make this feel more like RE4 than it already does. i want to see more things like crocs and motorcycle zombies. the rest just feels too samey.

Arpharmd B said:
I'm just quitting the internet. Thanks guys, its been a good run. I mean, I just don't have the energy to combat the stupid anymore.
Internet.

Serious business.

raziel said:
the white african village and the chainsaw guys make this feel more like RE4 than it already does. i want to see more things like crocs and motorcycle zombies. the rest just feels too samey.
Indeed. I guess that shows you how much confidence the design team doesn't have. I won't really know until I play the full game, though.

resident-evil-5-20081217031455878.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081217031501598.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081217031506333.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081217031509677.jpg

resident-evil-5-20081217031513788.jpg

New preview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/939/939303p1.html

iDoubleSpy said:
This is one of those games where the first footage shown still holds up to actual gameplay if not better graphics.

A good friend of mine and myself cant wait to sink our teeth into co-op!

Not really but it's close.

I can't wait.

CosmicGroinPull said:
awww the clothes don't get wet... :(

Well you can't expect it to be Uncharted's level of graphical quality. Also it's Capcom, they wouldnt go THAT much into detail they just make it look good on the surface and that's all that generally matters to casual fans.

Game looks great regardless.

Zoso

It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time.
Those are some real nice screens. Actually the first screens to get me excited about the game : )

Cday

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/939/939292/resident-evil-5-20081217031455878.jpg

Showoff! The knife isn't good for anything other than keeping enemies from climbing through windows.

mittelos

Yikes, just skimmed over that IGN preview- the new levels they saw sound great, but I guess I'm gonna have to pretty much go on blackout mode; I know I'm there day one, and I want to be surprised as possible.

zoukka

Thrakier said:
I will buy RE5 day one and I will enjoy it, just because of the basic RE stuff, the story, the graphics, the locations, all that stuff. But please don't try to tell me that the whole RE5 Gunplay (AI etc.) feels like it's up to the other modern shooters. It's just stupid that you are surrounded by like 10 enemies and you just run through them and most of them don't even bother to try to hit you and those who try they are just to slow and you run around in a small area like a chicken for 5 minutes till a helicopter arrives. No, just no! Or that scene with the chainsaw guy "oh, look that's there, some red barrels right in the way of the chainsaw guy". Man, that feels soooo old. I fully understand why you enjoy the game but don't make RE5 something which it isn't.

Just fucking no. Can't you actually believe that many people still value the game design of RE4 over Gears, Uncharted and let's say Dead Space? I mean yes it's definately more clunky and the enemies are strickly doing one purpose only, but because of the immense amounts of time used in refining different gameplay scenes and scenarios they work. It's that simple. Exploding barrels work, because the areas are designed in a way that you really have to run around and position yourself correctly to get maximum effect from them for example.

It's just mindboggling to read the same shit in every page even though we all know Capcom could have made a game that would have followed Gears methods and such. I'm so fucking glad they didn't. But I will seriously stop my crusade until the release of this game now, because everyone just needs to play the fucking game, be amazed by it (once again) and bend over for Capgods great dick of destiny and beg for forgiveness.

Next years gaming highpoint will be RE5 owning all the whiners. Haha nothing will come even close.

Well you can't expect it to be Uncharted's level of graphical quality. Also it's Capcom, they wouldnt go THAT much into detail they just make it look good on the surface and that's all that generally matters to casual fans.

16448%20-%20facepalm%20picard%20star_trek.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
If I ever made an alt for entertainment purposes (not that I would, hello TOS), it would probably post like Zoukka.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
^^co signed.

Game looks fabulous, if a LE comes out with a figurine/collectable/graphic novel I'll pick that up but either way it's a day 1 purchase.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
U K Narayan said:
Dead Space, in my opinion, is one of the few games that doesn't have lazy design about it.

Love DS but the whole "monster closet"/Doom thing it does kinda wears thin after a while.

Souther said:
Just put 1 of those huge crocodiles on the cover instead.

I'd put a picture of Chris pulling that giant phallic lever.

I love pulling levers, flicking switches, pulling chains, pressing buttons, and turning valves.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CosmicGroinPull said:
360 boxart looks better. Uh oh
Read, bro. Read.

Davey Cakes

Fans know how to make better boxarts than the people who are actually getting paid for it. :lol

Though really, the box isn't that bad, guys. You're paying $60 for the production values of the game, not the production values of its casing.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
It's strange... I really wasn't too excited for this game until just recently after playing the demo which turned off a lot of people from the game.

Can't wait. :D

Aggelos

Manager said:
Just got two gameplay videos of the levels Warehouse and Refinery, Refinery is up here:
http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_9737_en.html

Warehouse:
http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_9738_en.html

Looks cool! Pure madness!

The gameplay might have a strong resemblence to the Biohazard 4 formula, but still its too early for any change.
Thus for those who accuse this game for playing like RE4, you need to remember that Biohazard 1 established the gameplay formula in 1996 and even Biohazard 0 in 2002 was using the same gameplay-basis. Moreover Biohazard 4 laid the foundation for a new gameplay experience in 2005, and now we are witnessing an upgrade of this gameplay-philosophy with Biohazard 5. It's still too early to change.

ArtOfLife

Neo Member
Usually each region gets a different box art when it comes to Resident Evil, and since the game is releasing at the same time worldwide, I hope they'll unveil the Japanese and PAL artwork soon.

karasu

Rash said:
Fans know how to make better boxarts than the people who are actually getting paid for it. :lol

That's because the people viewing their mock-ups already know everything there is to know about the game. A simple picture of Africa isn't going to say much to Joe Newbie and his giggling buddies.

Infamypack said:
Should've been more like this:
re4box042907.jpg
Yeah, that's a great cover artistically and probably the best RE4 cover there was, but I like the part on the official RE5 cover art that says either Playstation 3 or XBOX 360.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
That's the worst cover in the series....maybe. I still buy but will have to put some kinda Hannah Montana Blu Ray sleeve in place of that!

:O

Dot50Cal

Banned
deepbrown said:
That's not the official box art though is it. it's not on the Capcom press site. Only the one without people.
Um..wat, yes it is. Its the US cover. The Africa continent one is for Europe.

Top Bottom