• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Saints Row 2 screens ( pre-alpha build )

The problem is this:

Where GTA changed it's artistic direction each and every game, this just looks like more of the same but with extras.

raYne

Hypno Funk said:
The problem is this:

Where GTA changed it's artistic direction each and every game, this just looks like more of the same but with extras.
Could it be because GTA takes place in different cities (and timeframes), while this takes place in the same place?

Striker said:
Story co-op.

Doesn't matter, still copied from GTA. Just like the mini-map/GPS that GTA4 is using, but somehow was copied from a previous GTA game. Also just like the insane character customization they blantantly copied from GTA, and car customization.

If you can't tell i'm being sarcastic =p, I loved SR

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Some people just can't get over the fact that great free-roaming games outside of GTA can exist.

i have no problem with other free roamers. I liked Mercenaries and am looking forward to the sequel. Mafia II looks cool as hell. I looooved Crackdown. I played the first saints row and thought it was ok. But why can't people comment if they feel the game looks corny as hell? The first game felt like i was watching the token episode of Walker Texas Ranger or Pacific Blue where they go into the "inner city" to tackle the rampant gang problem.

Saints Row = next gen GTA if it maintained its past style
GTAIV = evolution of the model

Both are good and serve different purposes. Why must we choose?

Top Bottom