• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New screens/artworks for Super Mario 3D World : Peach sure is hot

XGoldenboyX

BEST MARIO LOOKING GAME EVER'

I dont have a Wii U but this game is making me want to have one , just like MARIO 64 feeling when it came out.

Wii U Smash Peach > Super Mario 3D World Peach
Best Peach since SMB 3 artwork
main.png

I seriously don't understand why gaf was so pessimistic about this game initially.

It was hilarious.

Someone with common sense mentioned these were early showings and early levels and then quickly and astutely, the detractor(s) noticed how some of the early demo levels were from................................GASP............................LATER WORLDS.

Meaning they had a grasp of how the game would be, bahahahahahahahahaha.

Neiteio

This made me laugh so hard XD

About the game, I've been so obsessed with Pokémon (and immediately prior to Pokémon, obsessed with GTAV and Puppeteer), that I'm only now starting to get HYPED for 3D World.

The 3DS installment, 3D Land, was my favorite 3D Mario to date. This looks like it's taking the same "flexible linearity" (focused missions in levels that lend themselves to playground shenanigans with layered off-the-beaten-path secrets, 1-1 in 3D Land being the best example), and ramping it up to levels of creativity that rival even Galaxy's best moments, and they're doing it both with fresh new elements and characters (the Bullet Bill Train, etc) and wild fan service (the return of Charging Chuck!), while finally achieving a framework where up to four players can go at it in 3D Mario, and using the four distinct character setup not seen since SMB2.

It's like a DREAM Mario game. These screens would've melted my mind and imagination as a child.

bumpkin

I saw a video of someone selecting Peach for the first Castle level, and she goes "It's about time!" or something along those lines.

I thought that was pretty cool. She finally gets to join the crew for platforming goodness(not including her solo venture).

BUT WHY ISN'T YOSHI PLAYABLE!?
GAH! Thanks for crushing some of my hype for this game... Jerk.

I mean from a continuity standpoint, it makes sense; Yoshi wasn't in Mario 3D Land. But still, come on! I see "World" in the title and instantly think of Super Mario World... Dinosaur Land... Yoshi.

Berordn

I mean from a continuity standpoint, it makes sense; Yoshi wasn't in Mario 3D Land. But still, come on! I see "World" in the title and instantly think of Super Mario World... Dinosaur Land... Yoshi.

I don't know if I'm upset over Yoshi's exclusion or not bothered because it'd be like NSMBW/NSMBU and Galaxy 2 where he's restricted to specific levels and severely underutilized.

JimboJones

I didn't know about the Super Mario Kart inspired level.

Super Mario Kart had levels based on Mario World locations now 3D World has a level (or levels?) based on Super Mario Kart. :D

They answered that question as to why no Yoshi and while it will likely not help those that wanted Yoshi in the game, it made some sense.

They mentioned the Piranha Plant powerup that eats things automatically when you run into them and since Yoshi would do that, I guess they felt it was redundant.

Yoshi has other abilities but maybe they have those covered as well.

Robin64

Do we get icons on the map screen showing what characters have beaten a level? If so, that's automatically four times through the whole game for me.

jts

...hate me...
Shit looks right. Digital day one (only because I've already got $20 credit already).
I'll probably also get it digitally, from people that got the bundle but will sell the code to get a physical copy instead :D

Worked well with WWHD.

But I gotta double dip later.

Deitus

This is probably the most excited I've been for a Mario game is basically forever. Even Galaxy, which I was pretty pumped about when it got announced didn't get me quite this excited.

Too bad I won't be picking up a Wii U this year. I will be getting a 3DS though, so hopefully Mario 3D Land is a decent substitute.

Is that a Kanabō-head shark?

Could Mario 3D World be the best Sonic game out this year?

Hakai

Time to stop coming to Neogaf, those links, DAMN I'm itching myself to click them, but I do not want any spoilers anymore...hnnnnnng

Ludist210

Gorgeous. From here on, I'm on media blackout for this game. It's my most-wanted game at the moment, I don't want to spoil it for myself.

Top Bottom