• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

jett

D-Member
YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A GAME BUT IT WAS ME, HIDEO!

ixmVHo4.gif

Erevador

This is the greatest day of my life. Oh my god. I can't breathe. When my girlfriend gets home from work we're playing through the teaser, I'll tell her she can't go online till we play. I can't wait to see the look in her face. Silent Hill is a religion for us. We had given up home. Kojima. Del Toro.

This is beyond my wildest dreams.

halfbeast

Banned
wat

WHAT!?

FickleFatalKarakul.gif

I was going nuts helping a dude on twitch to finish the demo and gave up. and then this happened! it happened, right? this is real life?

Norman Reedus is so great. I'm more hyped about him, even though Del Toro and Kojima is a combo so crazy, it just might be brilliant.

Completely agree, though the game sounds like it will be too scary for me to play much of lol. I love the combo and Reedus is awesome.

Fuck this shit. I can't even watch the gamespot stream without getting a heart attack here. Why can't I enjoy these kind of games though I really want to. :(

I know what you mean.

Damn, it stays daylight too long now, I'm waiting for it to get dark before I don my headphones and start playing through this!!!

I doubt I could do this lol.

SmokyDave

This is the greatest day of my life. Oh my god. I can't breathe. When my girlfriend gets home from work we're playing through the teaser, I'll tell her she can't go online till we play. I can't wait to see the look in her face. Silent Hill is a religion for us. We had given up home. Kojima. Del Toro.

This is beyond my wildest dreams.
You'll need to go online to figure out how to get to the reveal. Shit is absolutely cryptic.

I knew something was up as soon as I started playing and it looked fucking gorgeous.

Pretty much. I go for quality.
image.php

I guess it's theoretically possible that Bizzaro-Konami would deliberately only go with PS4 with zero incentive or cash passed over but, yeah, um, that'd mostly just be revenue wasted. Then you could keep the ethical highground vs Tomb Raider and everything!

IF exclusive.

bidguy

Banned
Reviving Silent Hill would pretty much be a Bayonetta 2 kind of situation, if Sony is funding it, we probably wouldn't have got the game at all if they weren't.

Was a sequel to Tomb Raider going to be made? Yes, obviously. What's in it for Squenix for making it a timed exclusive? Some extra cash, the game doesn't depend on it.

this is a konami game sony isnt funding shit

- J - D -

The gamespot stream is great because the player moves the camera smoothly when she's looking for stuff. It builds tension.

The whispering sounds are SO CREEPY.

I don't think he's implying Reedus is bad or anything, just that he doesn't necessarily contribute anything to the actual GAME part of the, uhm, game.

Not to mention, as cool as it is that he's a part of it, I can understand if people are sort of taken out of the experience if they are playing a well-known actor.

Frillen

Before blasting Sony in a thread about a new Silent Hill, you may want to wait until this game is an exclusive.

...or not
Uhm, that's why I said i wasn't just thinking about this game. And I'm not blasting Sony. It's just annoys me when people think one company is worse than the other when it comes to moneyhatting.

Hey, do you think Guillermo Del Toro is going to transport many of his ideas he had for INSANE into this game? I wonder if that's partly how he was convinced to jump onboard, because he has gone on record saying he still wanted to make INSANE.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if Del Toro had approached Kojima first about a new SH.

Is the last part of the demo in the city in game/controllable? Looks very good. I wish MGSV was next gen only and had these visuals. It still looks very nice, but this definitely looks more impressive. Very cool reveal.

Quite a lot of timed exclusives. No Man's Sky for example.
I don't think that's the same thing. Do you know what Sony's role was in the development of No Mans Sky? Did they help to actually fund the development of the game?
It's different than throwing a ton of money at a developer just to keep a game off a console. MS did it with Titanfall and now tomb raider. Both those games would have been developed and distributed with or without MS involvement.
Also timed exclusives don't hurt gamers the same way. If Titanfall was a timed exclusive I would still have a chance to play the game. Now I don't.

Top Bottom