• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

TyrantII

What? If this is exclusive. How is it not comparable?

Titanfall vs Tomb Raider.

One would have never been made, the other was always going to be a multiplats game until trucks of money showed up.

Like it or not SH as an active IP was pretty much dead after years of konami not knowing what to do with it. If Sony came in and offered to fund a game that wouldn't be made otherwise, that's a plus in my book just as I can't falt Respawn. Its a positive development and adding something that wouldn't have been.

Just throwing cash at a multiplat specifically to block whole platforms from getting to experience it is a whole nother can of shitty worms. That zero sum, cynical BS isn't kosher. Not with timed DLC, and especially not with whole titles.

Its sad those gates were swung open last gen.

Dragon

Banned
Uhm, that's why I said i wasn't just thinking about this game. And I'm not blasting Sony. It's just annoys me when people think one company is worse than the other when it comes to moneyhatting.

You blast Sony a ton man, it's fine, you don't prefer them, I just think it's premature in this case.

surprise megaton!!!

don't care about no exclusivity nonsense...

I'm playing the crap out of this with headphones all alone on my PS4. And my dreams will haunt me afterwards...

Whoa...

Best game reveal ever...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That probably means MGSV is as good as finished!!!!!!

March 17, 2015.

BELIEVE!

Best surprise news? Yes, yes it is.

I love the Silent Hill series, well.... the first two for me. Kojima/Del Toro next gen Silent Hill? Fucking yes please.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
This + REmake HD + TEW marks the glorious return of Survival Horror

HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That probably means MGSV is as good as finished!!!!!!

March 17, 2015.

BELIEVE!

leuhkiktmk96.gif

Frillen

You blast Sony a ton man, it's fine, you don't prefer them, I just think it's premature in this case.
Explain to me why I own a PS4 and not an Xbox One then. The PS4 right now is in a much better position than the Bone, and its future looks much brighter, when it comes to games.

Klyka

Banned
Gentlemen, I would like to say that I am honored to have been with Shaggy in his stream for 3 hours trying to solve the game together with 400 others and then finally coming across that video of soapywarpig who had already solved it with a tiny audience.

Being there, watching that and then making this thread and seeing the news spread all over the net? All the big news sites picking it up like it was them who broke the news? Amazing feeling.

Thanks to you GAF, you make this shit awesome.

Klyka out for the night

MGS3-Salute.jpg

gai_shain

I don't think that's the same thing. Do you know what Sony's role was in the development of No Mans Sky? Did they help to actually fund the development of the game?
It's different than throwing a ton of money at a developer just to keep a game off a console. MS did it with Titanfall and now tomb raider. Both those games would have been developed and distributed with or without MS involvement.
Also times exclusives don't hurt gamers the same way. If Titanfall was a timed exclusive I would still have a chance to play the game. Now I don't.

I don't think that's the same thing. Do you know what Microsofts role was in the development of Tomb Raider? Did they help to actually fund the development of the game?
It's different than throwing a ton of money at a developer just to keep a game off a console. Sony did it with No mans Sky and now Silent Hill. Both those games would have been developed and distributed with or without Sony involvement.
Also times exclusives don't hurt gamers the same way. If Silent Hill was a timed exclusive I would still have a chance to play the game. Now I don't.
____

I really think we should wait for more information
And I know that this might not be the case with No Mans Sky but it probably would have been released on pc without sony or do we have any better information on that?

I've been seeing people mentioning how interesting it would be if Kojima were to pick up Silent Hill for a while now, maybe even years. This reveal feels like I just stepped into a bizzaro world, right through the hole in the bathroom wall.

No matter what people may think of Kojima or del Toro, the fact that a Japanese developer close to Konami is developing a Silent Hill game, without western third party involvement, fills me with at least some confidence.

Really hopeful Kojima and del Toro do the series justice and bring it back from the dead. I think we can at least expect interesting monster designs and lots of mindfuckery.

Lynn616

Titanfall vs Tomb Raider.

One would have never been made, the other was always going to be a multiplats game until trucks of money showed up.

Like it or not SH as an active IP was pretty much dead after years of konami not knowing what to do with it. If Sony came in and offered to fund a game that wouldn't be made otherwise, that's a plus in my book just as I can't falt Respawn. Its a positive development and adding something that wouldn't have been.

Just throwing cash at a multiplat specifically to block whole platforms from getting to experience it is a whole nother can of shitty worms. That zero sum, cynical BS isn't kosher. Not with timed DLC, and especially not with whole titles.

Its sad those gates were swung open last gen.

Get the fuck out. Konami was not going to make a Silent Hill game for this gen? No, just no way.

So you've played the full version of both this game and Tomb Raider 2015? I want that time machine of yours, please.

You know exactly what I mean. Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't going to be some amazing return to classic Tomb Raider with lonely open world exploring where it's just you against the environment/traps/animals.
It will be another 100 XP cover based shoot bang. Silent Hills on the other hand has potential based on the people working on it but yes it could ALSO turn out to be a major turd. ROTR will be turd for me anyway.

image.php

I guess it's theoretically possible that Bizzaro-Konami would deliberately only go with PS4 with zero incentive or cash passed over but, yeah, um, that'd mostly just be revenue wasted. Then you could keep the ethical highground vs Tomb Raider and everything!

IF exclusive.

Doesn't matter if it's not exclusive. Just shows that Sony cared more about getting first dibs to show the re-birth of a much beloved franchise than announcing that they purchased another generic shooter from Sqaure Enix of all people

Wtf!? What!? Whaaaaaat!? That's insane! I absolutely adore Silent Hill so this piques my interest, especially considering I'm a huge Guillermo del Toro fan as well. Kinda don't want Kojima involved, tbh, but I still have faith.

I've been seeing people mentioning how interesting it would be if Kojima were to pick up Silent Hill for a while now, maybe even years. This reveal feels like I just stepped into a bizzaro world, right through the hole in the bathroom wall.

The mere existence of this game confirms that we're all in Silent Hill RIGHT NOW.

KingJ2002

I never played silent hill before because i assumed the series went downhill... but if they're rebooting the franchise as silent hills. I'll check it out.

Capcom... do the same... reboot Resident Evil.

Top Bottom