• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

bidguy

Banned
They can, the question is, would Konami want to?

SEGA could have made Bayo 2 if they wanted, but they clearly didn't. I'm not saying Sony is or isn't publishing, but I don't see how that would impossible

do you see how the same can apply to tomb raider ? and dont tell me its different because it fucking isnt. both are big ip on both consoles and had tons of releases last gen

seriously
del toro is THE reason to be excited about this

even if you ignore his writing
the guy fucking knows what he's doing with design and visuals

Absolutely for design and visuals. Although he is totally wasted in that department on a videogame because Hollywood really needs some expertise on those kinds of creature designs from people like him. People who actually appreciate good writing and are familiar with his output for the better part of the last decade have reason to be wary of his taking a writing role though.

edit: I mean Hollywood needs execution design. Pan's Labyrinth still embarrasses more recent movies and the CGI they are using.

Kojima and del Toro are pretty bad writers. Metal Gear Solid is pretty bad at environment design IMO other than 3 and environment design--along with story and dialogue--are key parts of SH. Now I have faith in the dialogue but story and environment might be pretty lame ocnsidering what I've seen of both of their work.

Still,, I'm VERY cautious about this game. I want this game to do very good but I'm skeptical.

Del Toro is not a bad writer.

ezgif.com-gif-maker1.gif

Haunted

Silent Hill
Kojima
Del Toro
Norman Reedus

I like three out of those four things. Depending on the developing team and impressions, my dislike for the one thing might not be enough to keep me away.

I think Reedus would make a solid Silent Hill movie protagonist.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Blown away. I take a nap for awhile and wake up to this? am I half asleep still? Dreaming?

Also, I see some die-hards preaching non-exclusivity as if it were a fact. We have yet to know the full details regarding that information.

For now, choose a side. You salt? or peppa?
7A8B39FF8A5CD1EFFA10566913738CAB.jpg

so hyyyyyyyyyyyyyped. I can't stand myself right now. I feel 5 again.

This game looks fucking AWFUL. Just another haunted house simulator with zero gameplay, solely made for dumb Let's Play fame, with the Silent Hill name slapped on.

Absolutely for design and visuals. Although he is totally wasted in that department on a videogame because Hollywood really needs some expertise on those kinds of creature designs from people like him. People who actually appreciate good writing and are familiar with his output for the better part of the last decade have reason to be wary of his taking a writing role though.

You know that half his output this decade was Superhero/mecha stuff that he played it straight?

Akiller

I have no words guys. It's not about having a new SH but finally Kojima is making something new! I mean, MGSV is great but seeing him working on a new project is something i've always dreamt about.

Next step: ZOE 3 by Kojima/Del toro

do you see how the same can apply to tomb raider ? and dont tell me its different because it fucking isnt. both are big ip on both consoles and had tons of releases last gen
I don't want to bring the TR debacle over to this thread, but Square announced TR2 was happening a long, long time ago.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
This game looks fucking AWFUL. Just another haunted house simulator with zero gameplay, solely made for dumb Let's Play fame, with the Silent Hill name slapped on.

It's sure going to be eaten up like that. What a way to get someone on live stream than a sneak peak at Silent Hill made by Kojima. With half of gamers tuning in rather than playing. I think it's one hell of a way to announce a game. Streaming has become a popularity contest and this is like a final answer for our contestants.

Yeah, it's called beat the goddamn game yourself or wait until someone else does
Wow, cool off! I didnt even know it was an interactive trailer or something like that when I watched it and I dont have a PS4 to play it. I still find that a person shouting fuck all the time on a yotube video is bad and I hoped for a video without shouting.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member

tumblr_n6c86z87061qzbbeho1_400.gif

The teaser itself states that what was being played has no connection to the main title.It's a reveal. A well thought-out one at that.

*avoid playing if you have a heart condition

NO SHIT, I don't have a heart condition as far as I know but I would have if I played this and found out it was fucking Silent Hill at the end.

The Strain (Book, haven't seen the series) is pretty bad.

But on the plus side, Del Toro is a master at visual design.

Oh man watch the pilot, it's one of the shittiest I've seen. Del toro's writing gets worse every year

His input on the art in here might be cool tho

Frillen

Quality >>> Popularity. For me at least. COD always wins in sales but GAF hates it

Sunset Overdrive is the only game I regret not being on the PlayStation due to it's fun, unique style
I'm on my phone but how does Tomb Raider 2013 fare against Silent Hill games metacritic wise?

Gaf hates lots of things, Skyrim included. Both Skyrim and CoDs like MW and MW2 are one of my most played games of all time and they're highly ranked on metacritic all of them.

You should consider going multiplatform. I've been doing it since the N64/PSone days. Owned both and I never looked back. I've been a multiplatform owner ever since.

Yeah nothing big gets announced at gamescom, oh wait...

To announce a game like that was pure genius, after I saw the PT announcment I actually wondered what kind of weird name for a game PT js.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm on my phone but how does Tomb Raider 2013 fare against Silent Hill games metacritic wise?

Why does that matter? They are incredibly separated, night and day, worlds and characters,psychiatry, and detail. That's like me asking about the metacritic score of Halo 2 compared to Disney Infinity. Games are like art paintings. Pick the one you like, but they aren't the same.

bidguy

Banned
Lol you compare tomb raider to silent hill you are nuts. 1 sold 6.5 million copies the other bombed.

what does it matter how much it sold are you for real ? both are money hats = both are bad

i just pointed out theres no difference and you bring in sales talk ?

Top Bottom