• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

MoxManiac

Weird, when I first saw Norman Reedus involved, I thought it would just be VA, but wow they actually modeled the character after him.

Gbraga

Aw shit!! Put him in the game too! He'll be at the bar acting as a save point and putting out sage advice.

Metal Gear inSane: True Walking Dead: Silent Hill Edition

I can see him as the bartender that knows a bit too much about what's going on. That creepy but friendly vibe.

Kojima pls

tusken77

Adam Boyes tweet pre-Sony conference....

fvJEAwy.png

He wasn't kidding!! WOW.

I'm on my phone but how does Tomb Raider 2013 fare against Silent Hill games metacritic wise?

Gaf hates lots of things, Skyrim included. Both Skyrim and CoDs like MW and MW2 are one of my most played games of all time and they're highly ranked on metacritic all of them.

You should consider going multiplatform. I've been doing it since the N64/PSone days. Owned both and I never looked back. I've been a multiplatform owner ever since.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/tomb-raider

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation/silent-hill

About the same but Hill probably has a lower average than all TR games
But 2013 is another dime a dozen shooter while SH, even downpour tried to be different

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
I have no words guys. It's not about having a new SH but finally Kojima is making something new! I mean, MGSV is great but seeing him working on a new project is something i've always dreamt about.

Next step: ZOE 3 by Kojima/Del toro

You must not dream much, because this is the same capacity he was involved in rebooting Castlevania not that long ago... to resounding success. Because Castlevania Lords of Shadow was awesome!

what does it matter how much it sold are you for real ? both are money hats = both are bad

i just pointed out theres no difference and you bring in sales talk ?

Yes because Tomb Raider didn't need Microsoft to be made. A Silent Hill game might need first party publisher to make it happen cause the franchise was pretty much close to death just like Bayonetta. HUGE difference.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
but he's such a badass it probably wont make the game scary at all ...lol

stll getting excited. the hallway portion is looking great

Toxi

Banned
Oh man watch the pilot, it's one of the shittiest I've seen. Del toro's writing gets worse every year

His input on the art in here might be cool tho
It probably will be cool, at least compared to what Silent Hill had last time. I was looking at the designs for Silent Hill Downpour enemies, and Jesus Christ what were they thinking?

Dude

Dude with orthodontic headgear

Dude with a hammer and a gas mask

It's unbelievable that these appear in a Silent Hill game.

gai_shain

I'm sure you saw someone else on here use that, but for this it doesn't work at all.
No mans Sky is being developed by a tiny indie team how can you say that, that game would have come out without Sony? Do you know something about the development of the game? Please enlighten me. Silent Hill, we don't know enough about to say, but clearly Sony is in on the ground floor. Microsoft isn't helping to development tomb raider in the least, it's being done by a major publisher same with Titanfall. Both of those games were planned for mutliplat releases and were bought out after the fact. Not sure how you can't see that difference.

Nah never saw someone do it here, no mans sky was revealed before E3 wasnt it, at the vgx awards or whatever they are called? And it was revealed for pc without any talks about ps4 at that time. So yes they might have already worked with sony at that time but I dont think so. SE wasnt happy with the sales of tomb raider was it? So yes I think there is a possibility that it might not even be here without of microsoft but id rather wait for further information.
yes titanfall might have been a bad example but im pretty sure there are others which could take the place and someone more knowledgeable than me might know

Dug

Banned
Soooo...when are we gonna get a press release for this? Maybe then we could get more details (like platforms).

You know that half his output this decade was Superhero/mecha stuff that he played it straight?
You know that The Room was also playing it straight? The Happening was playing it straight. Guillermo del Toro's shitty vampire books play it straight. Fucking The Evil Dead reboot was playing it straight. You can "play it straight" and still be terrible.

Daft Bird

This has got me exited, never played a Silent Hill game but it looks like a great atmosphere. Also I love Norman Reedus, should make for a wonderful lead!

Oh wow, didn't expect this at all. Based Kojima.

Guillermo Del Toro? YES PLEASE. This is already the most excited I've been for a Silent Hill game since the third installment. Getting hyped but want to see a bit more than that Tech Demo to be truly hyped.

Nah never saw someone do it here, no mans sky was revealed before E3 wasnt it, at the vgx awards or whatever they are called? And it was revealed for pc without any talks about ps4 at that time. So yes they might have already worked with sony at that time but I dont think so. SE wasnt happy with the sales of tomb raider was it? So yes I think there is a possibility that it might not even be here without of microsoft but id rather wait for further information.
yes titanfall might have been a bad example but im pretty sure there are others which could take the place and someone more knowledgeable than me might know
Ok then well talk about 2 games we know about which are both exclusives. Bloodborne vs Titanfall Sony helped develop Bloodborne MS bought Titanfall.

Edit. Yes SE was happy with the sales of TR. It started off slow but ended up selling a ton for them. Game was coming either way

Klyka

Banned
I dont understand this, is she some famous youtuber that was payed to show the game for the first time through a lets play and she disnt even know what she was playing?

She isn't famous. She isn't known anywhere. She had 13 followers on Twitch and 3 viewers at the time of the stream. Even I have 750 followers in comparison and 5k subs on youtube and you never heard of me.

She was a normal gamer who streamed the game and managed to be the first person to beat the game and unlock the reveal video.

Someone in the P.T. thread linked her video but hadn't checked out the ending. I did, saw the reveal and immediately made this thread.

Now the news have been picked up by every newssite, reblogger, youtube blogger, fame addicted industry leach and is spreading like wildfire.

She has since gained 300 followers on twitch and about 200 followers on twitter and I have made one of the biggest NeoGAF threads currently going on.

So,yeah, I think you can now tell why she was pretty excited.

I dont understand this, is she some famous youtuber that was payed to show the game for the first time through a lets play and she disnt even know what she was playing?

What? No. The demo was available to everyone, she just seemed to be the first to beat it and reach the reveal. Luckily she was streaming and It began spreading from there.

First of all: W. T. F. ! This has got to be one of the greatest game reveals of all time. Kojima does it again, he truly is the master of fucking with people in this industry.

Second of all, all of the names listed in that short clip are people who worked on Ground Zeroes and are presumably working on The Phantom Pain. It sounds like this is 100% a Kojima productions game.

Top Bottom