• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

LeBart

Lol this is one of those "that shit aint scary" moments where you shrug it off but you turn on all your lights just to go to the restroom down the hall.

Fuck the restroom. I see that in a game, I don't leave my room until the sun is up.

I also thought Fester Quest was scary when I was a kid... so maybe that's just me.

drotahorror

I can't beat it. I'm stuck. Even after watching that chick do the playthrough of the part I'm at I have no idea what she did. I'm done after doing this for like 2 hours hah. Neat though, and sick reveal.

chadboban

I don't have a PS4 so I'm watching SoapyWarpig's recorded stream where she found it. Loving the atmosphere and that ghost is creepy as fuck. If this is 2015 and everything that's currently listed for 2015 actually releases in 2015 we may very well be looking at one of the greatest years in video games. Seriously, Zelda, Xenoblade, The Witcher, Bloodborne etc and now MOTHERFUCKING SILENT HILL BY KOJIMA! Man I can't wait!

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
While I couldn't figure out wtf to do in the P.T game I gotta say this was an awesome way to reveal the game. Kojima is so great at stuff like this. Gotta love the guy.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is a troll, right? Not only does Konami not make games anymore, they don't make expensive vanity projects for kojima in dead IP.

Troll, right?

Fuck the restroom. I see that in a game, I don't leave my room until the sun is up.

I also thought Fester Quest was scary when I was a kid... so maybe that's just me.

Having to start all the way from the beginning of that fucking game even if you died on the final goddamn boss was scary as fuck

Darksol

Holy shit. That thing is right out of The Begotten.

begotten1.jpg

I got that vibe too, although I doubt it was intentional. Still...awesome movie.

Astral

Kinda late but I just understood why this is so brilliant. Some random horror game demo gets uploaded to the Playstation Store and when you beat it it's revealed it's fucking Silent Hill? Kojima is so fucking based. The Silent Hill theme at the end gave me sweet, nostalgic chills.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima saving one Konami franchise after another.

Next up: Zone of the Enders

Haunted

Yes, me. I wouldn't be able to handle it, I got very into it as is, I can't imagine how scared I'd be if it was in VR.
I wasn't even joking.

I don't know much about Morpheus, but if it's as good as Oculus and can actually achieve "presence", people will die of heart attacks playing horror games.

addik

Reading everything we know about this game so far, I actually hope this is the SCEJ Japanese game that was rumored.

Imagine this being a partnership with SCEJ, particularly Project Siren, and Kojima is working with them + del Toro. GAF IMAGINE THAT GAF.

PLUS Toyama calls his old buddies Yamaoka, Masahiro Ito and Owaku to help on the game as well.

Top Bottom