• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New SILENT HILL by Hideo Kojima & Guillermo Del Toro starring Norman Reedus

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Stuck again
now I'm in the part where you hear the bells then you hear sobbing.

After the endless, trip running red hallway? I'm at that point, too. I found a piece of a photo behind the plant near the 12:59 clock. Can't seem to find more and it rings midnight and I don't know if that affects things.

Anung

Un Rama
Holy shit. That thing is right out of The Begotten.

begotten1.jpg

Haunted

I think this looks fucking phenomenal.
I know lots of people dislike the chromatic aberration effect that's been taking videogame engines by storm recently, but I think it can look really nice when used well (except for the last picture, bit too strong there).

Didn't they pull Beyonce's tactic? Lmaooo OMG I really think they did!

I miss the old "Will Beyonce marketing tactic work for games" thread. Everybody claimed it would work for games. Hate to say this is nowhere near Beyonce tactic. Silent Hill did not just pop up on shelves for purchase.

So is that scary lady the mother of the fucked up aborted fetus in the sink ? She has blood on the lower part of her dress, as if she had given birth in it. Maybe Norman Reedus is the father ?

I crack up thinking that Kojima masterminded that 'these are real reactions' tease of that girl shitting her pants, knowing full well that the internet would have a similar reaction when they discovered it was Silent Hill :lol

jett

D-Member
This teaser can be so frustrating. This poor gamespot girl has found all the photo pieces, but nothing's happening. The australian chick that beat the game did without doing that. Do people even really know how to beat this shit? :p

EdmondD

I'm really liking the creature designs. The baby looked awesome. I didn't like that jump scare with the dude grabbing the character. That design did not look that great to me. That was straight out of Outlast and Outlast is not even remotely scary.

Salaadin

This teaser can be so frustrating. This poor gamespot girl has found all the photo pieces, but nothing's happening. The australian chick that beat the game did without doing that. Do people even really know how to beat this shit? :p
Where are the pieces? I can only find 3

yes. They announced a "playable teaser" at gamescom and once it was completed it was revealed to be silent hill.

ok thanks. i havent been following gamescom. this looks impressive. idk wtf is happening right now but i like the vibe and kojima is, of course, a god.

- J - D -

Yes. It's wearying, this experience. I feel bad for the gamespot player.

If it weren't for the little "this teaser has no direct relation to the main title" disclaimer, I'd be going off on how obtuse this thing is.

Top Bottom