• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
BTW where the fuck is Agent?

OtPIN.jpg

tDtXl.jpg

Kyoufu

Would you seriously be more excited for a game that's by all logic would be a new coat of paint over something you already played (that wasn't so great to begin with, like RE5), or something that's completely new, even if in same genre.

Personally? New game of course, but the "behind the scenes" and "massive" shit that Geoff spewed makes it sound like something of megaton proportions is going to happen, and let's face it, first party Sony games aren't exactly megaton material...

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Would you seriously be more excited for a game that's by all logic would be a new coat of paint over something you already played (that wasn't so great to begin with, like RE5), or something that's completely new, even if in same genre.

It's pretty fuckin' tragic that some people think a new IP can't be surprising or impressive but the 6th sequel in a long running franchise would be.

And yes, I know that 3rd party exclusivity of a formerly multiplatform franchise would be shocking (because it's ludicrous and impossible at this point in the console cycle), but that's not the only thing about a game that can be surprising, and no one ever said explicitly that's what is surprising about it.

It seems like Sony had some deals in place with many third party developers that never came into fruition. As a result, these developers likely owe them in some capacity. At one point, LA Noire was an exclusive and Sony let the game be released on the 360 as well. Agent is likely still in development, but who knows when it will be released. Capcom stated that Resident Evil PSP would be released and nothing was ever shown outside a title card at E3.

It's pretty fuckin' tragic that some people think a new IP can't be surprising or impressive but the 6th sequel in a long running franchise would be.
I'd say it's a different type of surprise. If we're talking a completely original IP, I don't see how there could be the kind of "surprise" people are talking about, the kind that sounds like it plays on expectations, since an original game wouldn't have any.

It could definitely be "oh, sweet, this will rock," but something that would get a "mind=blown" reaction, to me at least, seems like it would be something either in or relating to an established franchise (gaming or otherwise).

androvsky

And yes, I know that 3rd party exclusivity of a formerly multiplatform franchise would be shocking (because it's ludicrous and impossible at this point in the console cycle), but that's not the only thing about a game that can be surprising, and no one ever said explicitly that's what is surprising about it.

A new IP can be shocking. If it's a zombie game... uh... that's going to have to work a little harder to be shocking. In fact, short of a modern military FPS, a zombie game is about the least surprising new IP possible currently.

Chris R

For some reason I thought that this was on tonight, kinda glad to see that it isn't on until tomorrow though. That means I can watch it live and follow the thread in real time... And watch this thread explode (or not) whenever the PS3 Exclusive is revealed.

How so?

Sony has already released/announced a bazillion new IP's this gen, so what would be so shocking and "unbelievable" about yet other one?
I said this before but if it's a BIG game that is HUGELY ambitious from one of their best developers who doesn't normally make this kind of game.

I'd considering that pretty insane.

I said this before but if it's a BIG game that is HUGELY ambitious from one of their best developers who doesn't normally make this kind of game.

I'd considering that pretty insane.

In other words, the game itself has to be unbelievable and not the announcement.

That is a fair interpretation but doesn't change the fact that the language being used by the hype machine in the lead-up to this "massive" announcement is misleading.

In other words, the game itself has to be unbelievable and not the announcement.

That is a fair interpretation but doesn't change the fact that the language being used by the hype machine in the lead-up to this "massive" announcement is misleading.

Unless the name of the game or its marketing project has had something to do with the word "unbelievable," and that tease from the beginning has just been related to PR wording.

Irish

The only things that can have a huge impact are Shenmue 3 or FFVII remake. You know, because people haven't been saying those titles for years upon years. (Why anyone clamors for either is beyond me.)

There is nothing out there that won't be a disappointment, basically. Why? Well, GAF is always disappointed... always...

Shtof

Personally? New game of course, but the "behind the scenes" and "massive" shit that Geoff spewed makes it sound like something of megaton proportions is going to happen, and let's face it, first party Sony games aren't exactly megaton material...

Yeah, about that statement of yours. "First party Sony games aren't exactly megaton material". Yep, that one. That statement is wrong.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Abandoning the thread Geoff? :p

Also Geoff how many hours left for the show? That 7:30/8:00p.m. stuff is kinda confusing for us in Euroland. :)

We'll both be sleeping by then, let us both curse our lousy timezones.

GamerSciz

All I know is the wait is almost over. The hype is being built so high that this game (whatever it may be) is nearly destined to fail. Even still, I will give it a chance and wait for the VGAs to see what it has to offer. The premise sounds promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom