• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm I doubt it's called "Until Dawn" coz that Move title you see in the early trailers was not from SCEA, and I don't connect these new teasers with it...

Anyway, could this be the secret game from Kojima? you know, the one he's been teasing us with the last few days.

Back in Feb 2007, Kojima had this to say...

That sounds awesome, and unusual.

Didn't the Geoff guy tweet Kojima about a big reveal?

Shtof

I'm still struggling with the idea that a new IP can be a megaton.

If a large, respected studio and lots of money is behind it, then yes. Why not?

Sequels are a given. We now there'll be Half-Life 3 and the likes.

Paracelsus

Well, Sony sort of owed Kojima a bomba-freebie after MGS4, it seems the time has come.

If a large, respected studio and lots of money is behind it, then yes. Why not?

It has been proven several times that once an IP has been established people go behind the title, not who's behind it. Who cares if it's Epic or Kojima Production? Nobody in the mainstream will.

Shikoro

Umm I doubt it's called "Until Dawn" coz that Move title you see in the early trailers was not from SCEA, and I don't connect these new teasers with it...

Anyway, could this be the secret game from Kojima? you know, the one he's been teasing us with the last few days.

Back in Feb 2007, Kojima had this to say...

Wow, we're on to something, aren't we?

IllumiNate

So a Kojima Game based off a zombie infection terrorist attack, and Snake tries to uncover the secrets behind the attack. Which could be a conspiracy, where War never changes?

Shtof

Well, Sony sort of owed Kojima a bomba-freebie after MGS4, it seems the time has come.

It has been proven several times that once an IP has been established people go behind the title, not who's behind it. Who cares if it's Epic or Kojima Production? Nobody in the mainstream will.

Mainstream people only buy Call of Duty anyway, so who cares?

I wouldn't read too much into the Kojima comment. He has a lot of really wacky ideas that will likely never be turned into a game. At one point he wanted to make a life simulator where the disc would stop working if your character died.

Vieo

Until Dawn? Hmmm. Hmmm.

Resident Evil 2 remake, but from Barry's perspective, and he's in a totally different part of Racoon City, thus never bumping into Claire or Leon, thus making it not a remake. You have to escape Racoon City within 8 hours, or before dawn [where they drop the bomb? megaton!].

Also, Barry's beard grows in real-time during the course of the game. Your grade at the end of the game depends on how thick Barry's beard is by the time he escapes the city.

Smoothface = A
Stuble = B
5'Oclock Shadow = C
Neckbeard = D

newjeruse

So a couple things:

1. That teaser screams Kojima--front the FMV to the music.

2. Kojima has been spending a lot of time in SoCal or at least was spending a lot of time. I wonder if this is a joint project between him and SSM. Would Konami even allow that?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
so this is supposed to be the unbelievable ps3 exclusive? Yawn... i thought it would be a game like onimusha instead of a lame zombie game

Why? Because hes Geoff and has a job to do: get people to watch the shitty awards. And as this thread has shown tons of folks fall for the hype. Seriously, have you all not learned already? Why do you trust anything he says?

I learned that 2 years ago. That´s why i am not getting to hyped. But it´s fun to speculate.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Could this be Kojima's project Ogre?

Here's what Kojima said about Ogre:

Kojima said:
- Project Ogre will take a long time, is a 'subdued experience', looks similar to his past projects on the surface, but is actually very different.
So, unless people will think that a Zombie game is a lot like Metal Gear and that they're teasing it years in advance, I would say no.

Since they only debuted Fox Engine this year, and we had gameplay footage of this game back in 2009, I would also say it makes it incredibly unlikely.

Really I think we can apply Occam's Razor here:
Possibility 1.) A man paid to hype up a television show is trying to make a PlayStation Move based Zombie game from SCEA sound really big.
Possibility 2.) Sony has had a secret Kojima game in development for years, and even publicly showed the game at E3 without ever mentioning his involvement. Meanwhile, Kojima has been pimping out how incredibly multiplatform KojiPro's new engine is and mentions that he even wants it on Vita, which as it stands, does not support Move.

Xpliskin

Doesn't this industry get that there are so many zombie games out there that the players are desensitized to them?

They were scary up to RE: Code veronica, that was back in the year 2000.
Hell, my browser is showing a ad for "Dead frontier : Free 3d zombie mmorpg" on this page atm.

jarosh

newgame.gif

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
another thought. maybe respawn's game

IGN said:
New Game from Respawn is Multiplatform
Job listing confirms PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 release.
US, September 25, 2010
by Jim Reilly

Respawn Entertainment has been quiet on the team's new project since the studio officially formed in April. A couple new job listings appearing on Gamasutra, however, confirm the game will not be platform exclusive.

"Respawn intends to develop a multi-platform product that works on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC," the listing reads. "Its product will be based on new video game IP and will be funded through its publishing deal with Electronic Arts, one of the top publishers in the industry."

Studio heads Jason West and Vince Zampella told IGN Respawn was developing a "big blockbuster" title. The team will own whatever franchise it builds, which is one of the major reasons Respawn signed a publishing deal with Electronic Arts.

West and Zampella are best known for creating the acclaimed Call of Duty franchise. The two were fired from Infinity Ward last March and are currently engaged with publisher Activision in a lawsuit.
Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1123358p1.html#ixzz10Yg85zkC

DemonNite

Here's what Kojima said about Ogre:

So, unless people will think that a Zombie game is a lot like Metal Gear and that they're teasing it years in advance, I would say no.

Since they only debuted Fox Engine this year, and we had gameplay footage of this game back in 2009, I would also say it makes it incredibly unlikely.

Hmm no one has confirmed that the footage of that 2009 game is this game though so it's still possible...

jackdoe

I can actually believe a new zombie IP exclusive to the PS3. What I wouldn't believe, is if the main hero can transform into a Power Ranger to fight zombies. Maybe that's it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't know what would make this a particularly megaton like announcement unless it's a revered game or 3rd party exclusive. And settle down, most Move games have been DS3 enabled. Weill, at least the non obvious ones like KZ3 ><

Jarmel

Banned
Wow so all that hype for a Zombie Move game?

LOLOLOLOL. I knew it was going to end in disappointment when people were seriously saying Half-Life 3 and Jak 4.

I think it's pretty clear from this video that Kojima is telegraphing his PS3 exclusive zombie game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjFWLEBFlOc&t=2m8s

Well that video says it's multiplatform, not ps3 exclusive. Of course he could be talking about a different game entirely...

Also, this video. If that is this game, it's worth noting that the youtube account hosting that video was made in 2006, meaning the game has been in development for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom