• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Maybe the video is metacommentary. Shooters take over the industry like a virus. The few proud JRPG fans among us must carry the studio and dump it far far away before it can infect more studios.

Shooting people along the way.

Well, since it's first party, it is guaranteed to at least look good technically.

Have you played inFamous?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh God, I didn't notice I wrote "sweat" instead of "swear".

And now I get the fat joke Y2Kev did.

:(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Here's Takao's post about this from earlier:

4e8ea.png

egF8Q.png

(the link in the second tweet was a post saying the game had been canned)

The game in question is the flash move horror game we only saw in a few montages prior to the Move launch. Like a certain wizard game (which is still in development), it vanished without a trace.

V6DgE.jpg

E5s5B.jpg

6yrPy.jpg

S3BTi.jpg

Now this game was actually never formally announced. However, SCEA trademarked a bunch of names, including "Until Dawn" - sounds like a horror game, no? Well, according to PSM3, "Until Dawn" and the untitled Move horror game are one in the same.

PSM3 did list this as a rumor, so I can't say if Until Dawn is the Move horror title, but President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios said this horror game still exists. So big Move games like this, and Sorcery are things to hopefully keep the peripheral relevant.

Dragon

Banned
Based on Nirolak's post it looks more and more likely to be the case. I can't say I'm too excited. Now I have to go back to work :(.

Shtof

I honestly don't think this is a Move only game. Not in the slightest. Sony would be stupid to put their best studio(except for ND) on such a project.

TheOddOne

Supererogatory says:
The trailer's narration makes me think this is No Country for Old Men "influenced" game Sony SM was working on http://j.mp/s7Xxld
Roger,

I thought it would be interesting to comment on the fact that I am working on a computer game in which the work of the Coen Bros and of course you are being considered the strongest style reference, specifically OCFOM. It is only the preliminary rounds of creative discovery, but the first environments and character builds they have done are quite beautiful.

I am a camera operator who got sucked into this world here at Sony Gaming. They are pioneering the use of the Intersense MoCap camera to block and shoot cinematic sequences within games. It is getting increasingly popular and is fascinating from a cameraman's standpoint. I can place a camera virtually anywhere and move it in any manner, speed, etc that I what. They also give me complete control of how to shoot sequences. But I CAN'T do things like reposition actors for a given setup, move walls or furniture? You would think it would all be easily done within a computer, but it turns out that it is not.

It all adds up to being quite a numbing effect on the brain. I would not wish it on anyone who was not interested, but the pay is quite good and I am afraid we shall all be seeing it a lot more as the years roll on and the photo chemical world continues to crumble.

It will be quite awhile before this particular game sees the light of day, these games can take years to complete and now that the gaming industry is the juggernaught of entertainment power shadowing cinema in its financial power.

Just letting you know that even in the virtual world your work is having a strong influence.
Would be crazy.

Takao

Banned
I honestly don't think this is a Move only game. Not in the slightest. Sony would be stupid to put their best studio(except for ND) on such a project.

Santa Monica often times works as a development aid. For example, they're also working on Sorcery for Move, but they're not the lead team on it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My feelings:

1. Survival horrorish game with zombies in the same way Amnesia has zombies = cool
2. Left4Dead clone = not cool

Hydrargyrus

Weren't a fan of House of the Dead: Overkill Extended Cut?

It's in my list of wanted-to-buy games, but, i don't know, it's a bit disappointing that this super secret and unbelievable game has resulted to be another zombie-mutant game... with Move

Was really hoping:
-It wouldn't be a move game, as in move was what it was built for
-It wouldn't be from an existing franchise
-Wouldn't be a FPS

Bah.

Shtof

Just one little question here... I see a lot of negativity towards PS Move. What's the problem with it?

My feelings:

1. Survival horrorish game with zombies in the same way Amnesia has zombies = cool
2. Left4Dead clone = not cool

This is how I feel.
Given the general direction of the industry it's probably the latter.

But the teaser/site/other info points more towards the former. My fingers are crossed.

beast786

Got excited with SMS game. Then went down on excitement with idea of Zombies FPS type brainless killing.

Please let it be something different , even if its zombies.

Hydrargyrus

Kratos in the future... after the 2008 crisis: the world economy enters in recession, then wars, then virus... then zombies.

The humankind needs Kratos's help... now with a Move-lantern

X26

Banned
hyping and trying to building suspense for what turns out to be yet another zombie game, that's the gaming press alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom