• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If Santa Monica is working on it, it'll at least be good. But I was hoping they'd do something that's not a fps zombie game*

*i'm guessing it's fps/tps

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
It's the experimental Santa Monica first person God of War turned into a post-apocalyptic zombie survival. OMG WHO WOULDA THUNK IT!

DMczaf

A Zombie Move game?

ibb7SMFj1a9IHZ.gif

I was kinda hoping for something that would be a breath of fresh air. This is probably going to be another grimdark ultra-violent zombie shooting game that takes itself too seriously.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Giant disappointment if this is zombies. Totally sick of that shit.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Courtesy of supererogatory

https://twitter.com/#!/supererogatory/status/63022532340621312

"http://j.mp/e124aT & http://j.mp/ifgksY — Sony Santa Monica looking for devs specializing in shooters and open-world games"

Job: go top
Senior Combat Designer Sony Computer Entertainment America - Santa Monica Santa Monica CA 94404 USA Full Time

Details
|
Locations
|
Company Profile
|
Contact

Job Description: go top
Join us as we embark on our next project!

The Santa Monica Studio is an open and creative environment, where we strive to make the best games in the industry.

Overall, the position of Senior Combat Designer is expected to partner with the organization to:

Responsibilities:
• Assist, collaborate with and take direction from Lead Combat Designer and Game Director as needed on any the following: character and boss designs from concept to implementation completion, including character animation implementation and tuning, environmental character impact, special effects, sound effects, AI gameplay scenario layout and gameplay tuning, controller configuration, gameplay features, magic distribution, character balance and ramping.
• Work within the set standard for all character asset design, creation and in-game implementation within the production path as it relates to design, art and otherwise.
• Participate in required production related meetings and functions as needed. Attend and participate in combat-specific discussions concerning combat design and combat design issues.
• Must comprehend a working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with other team members.
• Must understand the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all of the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.

Qualifications:
• Experience using a text-based scripting language to set-up character logic.
• Basic knowledge of scripting languages and code (e.g., XML, C++, PERL) is preferred but not required.
• Must be able to grasp and work with code-based proprietary tools to implement and troubleshoot assigned characters.
• Must have knowledge of competitive products and various gameplay genres, as well as a personal understanding of video game fun.
• Experience working with, developing or designing for a 1st and/or 3rd person shooter genre a plus.
• Experience working with, developing or designing vehicle combat in a game also a plus.
• Must possess quality written communication skills and the ability to convey abstract concepts. Ability to think logically with a strong level of attention to detail.
• Must be able to professionally communicate and work with other members of the game production team (both internally and externally).
• Must have excellent communication while still keeping the overall vision of the game in mind.
• At least 4 years in game development, with at least 2 years in Combat or Character Design (creative and technical) specific role.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.

It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.

Job: go top
Level Designer Sony Computer Entertainment America - Santa Monica Santa Monica CA 94404 USA Full Time

Details
|
Locations
|
Company Profile
|
Contact

Job Description: go top
Join us as we embark on our next project!

The Santa Monica Studio is an open and creative environment, where we strive to make the best games in the industry.

Overall, the position of Level Designeris expected to partner with the organization to:

Responsibilities:
• Design and implement gameplay, taking direction from Level Lead and Game Director as needed on any the following: level design from concept to implementation to shippable completion, entity scripting and functionality, AI layout and all things gameplay-related. As needed, act as liaison between Lead and Junior Designers, in addition to driving or participating in any needed communication with other disciplines.
• Work within the set standard for all level asset creation within the production path as it relates to design, art and otherwise. Must comprehend a working knowledge of the game production pipeline in order to communicate effectively with other team members. Working knowledge of design systems in order to build levels in 3D space, place enemies, fully understand the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game and all the ways the player can respond to each gameplay element.
• Actively participate in and/or lead required production related meetings as needed. Attend and/or lead design-specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues. Collaborate with Design Director, Leads and Design Manager during the product development cycle about creative and/or production related topics.
• Contribute, as needed, in all educational meetings for in-house staff on new technical issues and tools dealing with all design aspects - level building, entities, cameras, etc.
• Communicate thoroughly to insure good working relationships with the other Designers, Design Director, Game Director, Design Manager, Art Director, Lead Artist, Lead Programmer, Lead Animator, etc. Drive and follow the progress of owned areas of the game.

Qualifications:
• Possess comprehensive knowledge of Maya, engine tools and processes, or other 3D world building software. Fundamental knowledge of game design and ability to implement 3D environment building, entities, rough cameras, creating gameplay scenarios, using design system tools as needed.
• Fundamental knowledge of game design and ability to implement 3D environment building, entities, rough cameras, creating gameplay scenarios, using design system tools as needed
• Experience in designing or contributing to the development of an "open world" game is a plus.
• 4+ years in game development, with at least 2+ years in Level Design specific role.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC (SCEA) is responsible for keeping PlayStation® growing and thriving in the United States, Canada and Latin America. Based in Foster City, California, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America Inc.

It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.

jarosh

oh wow finally a game set in a post-apocalyptic world! i'm excited! i hope it has awful screen tearing, game breaking memory leak bugs, an inconsistent framerate, tacked on multiplayer, retailer exclusive dlc, zombies and nolan north. can't wait :drool

The teaser is actually pretty cool

If it's like, Siren Shibito type zombie survival horror and not brainless shooting zombie style then I might be interested

Hope it's a new I.P

edit@ ^ Oh. So it's a shooter. Nothanks.

Y2Kev

oh wow finally a game set in a post-apocalyptic world! i'm excited! i hope it has awful screen tearing, game breaking memory leak bugs, an inconsistent framerate, tacked on multiplayer, retailer exclusive dlc, zombies and nolan north. can't wait :drool

don't forget open world with moral choice

a) save babby
b) eat babby

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
^ Hippie

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

What, no season passes? I love season passes

Y2Kev

Maybe the video is metacommentary. Shooters take over the industry like a virus. The few proud JRPG fans among us must carry the studio and dump it far far away before it can infect more studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom