• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tekken Movie set pics! - King of iron 'stashe?

Ello

Is this a joke or are these pictures actually from the Tekken movie?

And the wierd glasses guy is probably the director.

turk128

Apharmd Battler said:
At least the first Mortal Kombat movie had 'decent' choreography. Dead or live didn't even have that. And I won't even mention the abominatoin that was Street Fighter: The Movie.
WTF? They both had shitty WMAC Masters level choreography (with DOA edging out MK because of good use of T&A).

SF did lack any type of choreography, thou.

Back on subject: Tekken automatically makes is better than Legend of Chun-li and Dragonball simply because of Goggles Man.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
dabookerman said:
tekken_girls_13122_5.jpg

Thank god that's from a Maxim-photoshoot.

I really, really, don't get the outrage about the casting, they look right, for the most part, the movie looks like an actual martial arts tournament movie, and it might have some decent fights.

Replicant said:
I found the full cast list + pictures:
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/32364455.html

It doesn't look too bad casting-wise but Irish-Chinese guy as Japanese guy and Japanese girl as Chinese girl? Oh well, can't be worse than Dragonball or The Legend of Chun Li.
some of the comments are gold, "afro-brazilian" ?! wtf

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
screw you guys.

other than kazuya's mustache, and bryan fury (who should be more evil looking, given a bigger scar, loose the weird hair, and pale up his skin more). i think it looks really good.

turk128

Bad_Boy said:
screw you guys.

other than kazuya's mustache, and bryan fury (who should be more evil looking, given a bigger scar, loose the weird hair, and pale up his skin more). i think it looks really good.
People, this is what The Legend of Chun-li does to fans.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
i'm just saying. i've seen worse. i just like how it doesn't seem to take itself too seriously like dragonball evolution is. they still got the similar look of tekken (costumes, set pieces), and looks like will be a alright. maybe on par with mortal kombat 1. the game itself doesn't take itself too seriously (panda, jack, devil/angel, etc). the movie shouldn't either.

The only problem I have really is giving characters who don't don facial hair, and giving them facial hair, and the guys who do have facial hair, like Marshall Law, and removing it.. I don't get it o_o.

Wark

dabookerman said:
The only problem I have really is giving characters who don't don facial hair, and giving them facial hair, and the guys who do have facial hair, like Marshall Law, and removing it.. I don't get it o_o.

Yeah, I agree, it's jarring that Heihachi isn't donning facial hair while just about every other character is. I'm only assuming that Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa be shown with facial hair once more of the movie is unveiled.

Euphor!a said:
Marshall Law didn't always have facial hair. At least I'm pretty sure he didn't.

Marshall Law didn't have facial hair in the first two Tekken games, but he was seen in the Tekken 3 intro and Forest Law's ending with facial hair. After his son's short stint in the series, Marshal Law was finally reintroduced in Tekken 4 and 5 -- and once again had facial hair.

GrayFoxPL

Sorry for bumping old thread, but 3 new pictures showed some time ago that I missed.

Source the same as on old link.

Wowzers! x_x

l_f3e21b62ddc849a78129a17739e3a20a.jpg

Woah! What a poster! Check out Anna starring at Nina's boobs. :lol Nina's looking really slutty. Maybe they confused the characters, but I like it.

l_ac12e9b9c84b49e49ad0fac653835a80.jpg

Dragunov and Christine? Pretty cool!

l_b5e9fad3b33d4914ac167402014aefe3.jpg

Raven and Dragunov.

I must say, I'm changing my mind on the project. The characters look really accurate and it seems they're treating the source material with respect. I mean, compare it to the KOF movie-check out kof XII thread for proof.

This might work!

I can't wait to see Yoshimitsu!

fernoca

Shikashi said:
I don't get this shit... Jin Kazama is ripped as fuck, but not in the film.
Though that has been discussed before..
Jin is supposed to be around 15-17 years old on Tekken 3 (he was in high school)....it's the whole Kasumi/Ayane deal, were the characters are also in their late teens..yet have bodies of full grown adults..

Blame the game developers in any case.. :D

GrayFoxPL

Shikashi said:
I don't get this shit... Jin Kazama is ripped as fuck, but not in the film.

They couldn't find a human being to match the physique of the awesome render.

I mean it must've been asian, an actor, a matrial artist and (I think) english speaker with such perfect musculature. Kind of hard task.

rvy

Banned
GrayFoxPL said:
They couldn't find a human being to match the physique of the awesome render.

I mean it must've been asian, an actor, a matrial artist and (I think) english speaker with such perfect musculature. Kind of hard task.
That's hard? Spike Donnie Yen's hair up, put him in the charge of the action scenes and be done with it. Awesome fight sequences confirmed. And he's in his forties, but looks like a 20 year old dude.

U1513P28T3D1472845F326DT20070309143556.jpg

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like they're actually trying to keep it in sprit of the games... Then again, it more likely to fail in so many levels anyway =/

DR2K

Banned
SF got it. MK got it. SF got it again. DOA had it. And now Tekken can prestigious Hollywood ranks.

poor Tekken, at least they spared SC.

GrayFoxPL

Shikashi said:
That's hard? Spike Donnie Yen's hair up, put him in the charge of the action scenes and be done with it. Awesome fight sequences confirmed. And he's in his forties, but looks like a 20 year old dude.

U1513P28T3D1472845F326DT20070309143556.jpg

Donnie Yen is great and all. But he's 46 and really doesn't look like 20 year old anymore, not to take away anything from his great shape. But come on, he playing Jin would look just funny.
Not to mention he's pretty big star and his paycheck would have to be really fat and last time he said he had booked movies till 2011, he retires in 2012.

Donnie Yen - cool guy, love his shit. Donnie Yen as Jin? Nah.

They'd have to use someone fresh and unknown.

GrayFoxPL

DR2K said:
SF got it. MK got it. SF got it again. DOA had it. And now Tekken can prestigious Hollywood ranks.

poor Tekken, at least they spared SC.

No they didn't! Soul Calibur movie is on it's way. There's even some proto teaser poster floating on the net. I think there's official site too if I remember right. Maybe it was canceled or put on hold but it sure was/is real.

Lebron

GrayFoxPL said:
No they didn't! Soul Calibur movie is on it's way. There's even some proto teaser poster floating on the net. I think there's official site too if I remember right. Maybe it was canceled or put on hold but it sure was/is real.
they haven't updated the status on that site in years. It still has 2007 as the release date listed, so it's most likely canceled.
http://www.soulcaliburthemovie.com/movie2.htm

CamHostage

stuburns said:
STOP MAKING VIDEO GAME FILMS...

That is all

No way, dude. It takes a while to come full circle, but when you have seen about a dozen videogame movies, suddenly you have this epiphany that reorients your viewpoint of reality.

Formless

Ugh. I can't believe Cung Le took the Law role and some other low acting roles in exchange for his Strikeforce belt. Although, it's cool how the characters are accurate.

Top Bottom