• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild screenshots from now until launch

wow that dude is carrying a big bag. These horse design will probably be a huge relief when you see them while playing. There's probably lots of cool stuff to do there, and seeing npcs come and going in these places will be very cool

HylianTom

Banned
The bag character looks very familiar, and there are rumors/conjecture about him on Twitter.
(I'm being deliberately vague. I like Zeltik's theory best. It made me yell aloud here at work.)

LordKano

What if...
latest

So the Horsehead is probably going to be a reused model to indicate human trading posts.
I hope not. Also, I already hate the guy with the bag, because I'm seeing myself collecting stupid bugs to have a damn piece of heart... please BoTW, wash away this bad taste

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
C1WYAl_WgAAkYWR.jpg:large

They... really need to pick better screenshots.

Is that a cave/tunnel to left of backpack guy aka
Beedle
? Looks like it could be to me. It's suspiciously round, but a bit too pixely/washed out to tell for sure.

I hope not. Also, I already hate the guy with the bag, because I'm seeing myself collecting stupid bugs to have a damn piece of heart... please BoTW, wash away this bad taste

Consistency is extremely important to Nintendo's brand of design. Reuse is bad way to put it, but if the player looks off in the distance (which is how core progression works in this game, you get up to a high spot to set your destinations) they should be able to understand some of it and what it means.

As for the collecting bugs for a heart piece. I have no idea how health is going to work in this game. There might not even be heart pieces.

Is that a cave/tunnel to left of backpack guy aka
Beedle
? Looks like it could be to me. It's suspiciously round, but a bit too pixely/washed out to tell for sure.
I think so. It looks like there may be a character or 2 walking out of it as well.

C1WYAl_WgAAkYWR.jpg:large

They... really need to pick better screenshots.
That's one of the better looking things I have seen in terms of at least having a detailed custom asset for the building.. cool design.

Nintendo's IQ has been the same for like a decade and I just never expect anything better anymore.

So why does the world landmass look like some generic Bryce 3d world? The world has no unique geography. It looks worse than oblivion in design.

Bad Phrasing lol. IQ is important to gameplay because the more clarity the player can view the object in question in, the better they will be able to understand its function which is a key tenet of Nintendo's approach to design.

So why does the world landmass look like some generic Bryce 3d world? The world has no unique geography. It looks worse than oblivion in design.

I'd like to make definitive quality statements about the game too, because that'd mean I'd have the game in my hands right now.

Dremorak

Banned
No one actually thinks thats the same horse head building from the trailer right? The surrounding geometry is totally different. I'm guessing theres a few of these dotted arounf the world if you dont have a horse/ lose your current one somehow.

The aliasing and poor shadow quality are the two main things I was hoping the Switch version would improve on. These screenshots have me worried :/ I wish we knew which version we were looking at.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The aliasing and poor shadow quality are the two main things I was hoping the Switch version would improve on. These screenshots have me worried :/ I wish we knew which version we were looking at.

I can ALMOST guarantee this is the Wii U version.

hatchx

Banned
Holy shit. I know there is the typical hate-force here, but this game just has such incredible artistic direction and attention to detail. It looks like every single NPC has unique and individually designed clothes, gear, and backpacks.

Can't fucking wait. I havn't been this hyped for a game since OOT. For realzies.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So I guess we'll see some art for this trading post on Friday. Really love the look of it, hope the game has a lot of stuff like that.

Rodin

That's one of the better looking things I have seen in terms of at least having a detailed custom asset for the building.. cool design.

Nintendo's IQ has been the same for like a decade and I just never expect anything better anymore.
"Nintendo's IQ" doesn't have fb compression on your tv screen.

FyreWulff

It's funny how Nintendo has always just had terrible screenshots. Had a friend that worked for Planet GameCube and he said they never understood why Nintendo always gave them relatively bad looking screenshots for games that looked fine on the actual display/console.

Switch is going to be the U version, they aren't going to make two versions of the game. This is Twilight Princess cross-gen style.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
"Nintendo's IQ" doesn't have fb compression on your tv screen.

Come on, FB compression is a good excuse up to a point. There are also other developers who use FB and their screenshots don't suddenly get low textures or aliasing close up. Artifacts yes, but not everything is due to compression.

I can't possibly be the only one that recalls the giant giraffe head that DK shoots up through in Grassland Groove for Tropical Freeze seeing this new screenshot, can I???

Rodin

Come on, FB compression is a good excuse up to a point. There are also other developers who use FB and their screenshots don't suddenly get low textures or aliasing close up. Artifacts yes, but not everything is due to compression.
We have direct feed shots from E3. IQ isn't good compared to modern games that run on much more powerful hardware, but it's a lot better than this crap they're uploading now.

Canyarion

Neo Member
GameXplain does it again! :-O
GameXplain come up with nice finds now and then... but this time, almost everybody was onto it. I was with a few friends when the screenshot was released and one of them instantly noticed how the backpack looks like a beetle. :)

At least GX is a bit better than Zeltik and MUCH better than Commonwealth Realm and HMK. When it comes to analysis.

ReyVGM

GameXplain come up with nice finds now and then... but this time, almost everybody was onto it. I was with a few friends when the screenshot was released and one of them instantly noticed how the backpack looks like a beetle. :)

At least GX is a bit better than Zeltik and MUCH better than Commonwealth Realm and HMK. When it comes to analysis.

ZeldaPodSmashers has been on a roll too discovering the boot spikes to climb icy surfaces and the handglider logo on that bird scene in the recent TGA trailer.

Yonafunu

Any description given?

His clothes seem horse themed, so I'm going to guess he runs the stables from the previous screenshot.

Oh wait there's two of 'em.

Caelus

Any description given?

His clothes seem horse themed, so I'm going to guess he runs the stables from the previous screenshot.

Oh wait there's two of 'em.

"This concept art shows the outfit of a worker in Hyrule."

I can see kind of an ancient Mesoamerican influence in his design, really cool. I look forward to exploring the towns in this game, they've been keeping that a secret.

Top Bottom