• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3 screenshots

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that first screenshot, specifically the bird sitting atop barren winter trees, is SPECTACULAR. i'm in awe. gorgeously arranged, breathtaking detail. this is the first time the visuals have really grabbed me in this game. what incredible art design. sold.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
that first screenshot, specifically the bird sitting atop barren winter trees, is SPECTACULAR. i'm in awe. gorgeously arranged, breathtaking detail. this is the first time the visuals have really grabbed me in this game. what incredible art design. sold.

Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

L1NETT

looks pretty good but I think red dead has spoiled me with the way the horses handle in that game. I don't know if witcher 3 can match it in that but it sure does look pretty

Yeah, but the boats in Witcher look spectacular... :)

Really hoping we get a release date sealed up soon with some gameplay. Probably just frustration talking, but my juices are flowing on this one.

oakenhild

My computer just shed a tear. No way a Phenom II 945 and 6850 is worthy of this game. Games like these will push me to finally upgrade.

- J - D -

TW2 still manages to kick my stalwart rig's arse at the highest settings, which is kinda comforting in an odd way. I hope CDPR include an Ubersampling option in TW3 and make it more worthwhile for the performance impact.

Vizzeh

Banned
These pictures speak a 1000 words, it looks spectacular, atmospheric and most of all interesting. Quite the dramatic screenshots, good for the imagination. Loved the drawn sword approaching the theives/attackers and the mysterious look of the guys on horseback across the river as Gerald watches attentively.

After what we have seen from the PS4 so far, Im excited to see how this runs, I can easily see it handling this 1080p30 - especially if its going to be highly optimized which im not sure that many games so far have been since we have seen so many multiplatform titles rushed out to meet deadlines. Hopefully CD Projekt RED can start to utilize that asynchronous compute.

VanWinkle

I think this game always looks completely unimpressive in screenshots. The screens in the OP are not impressive at all to me. When I see footage, though, it looks fantastic.

Wow! The graphics on these screenshots look so much better than previous ones. I'm assuming these are PS4 shots? My interest just shot up massively.

My hope is I will have a Haswell E and a 20nm Maxwell GPU before this game launches. I've already decided to spend stupid money on my next full PC build.

Yowza! Can't wait to revisit the swamps from the first game.

ioDqrN0tLsHAJ.gif

Timeaisis

Might need to upgrade my CPU for this beast. Still no words on System Requirements yet? I remember when TW2 out my PC rocked it, but this looks even better (somehow).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Nah that's how it probably is going to be in-game considering the Witcher 2 had it too. I think it's to get rid of the blurriness that comes with FXAA.
:(

It hurts my eyes and ruins the image quality. As someone who spends a lot of time adjusting TV settings, it'll drive me nuts.

I just hope they're actually working on improving the gameplay mechanics, instead of devoting all of their resources to making the game look pretty. Witcher 2 had this problem and played like a bad version of the Arkham games.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Never played this series because i never had the rig to run it. I cannot wait to get lost in this world.

This and the Stalker series are games i've always been itching to play.

dreamfall

Looking absolutely stunning.

GAH! I can't wait. I'm going to replay TW2 soon, and start re-reading some of the translated lit. It shall be glorious!

Why aren't they giving us screenshots downsampled from the Moon without their sharpening? ARG. It kills me.

But I can still see all the potential behind that grubby image quality. And I WANT IT SO BAD.

I just hope they're actually working on improving the gameplay mechanics, instead of devoting all of their resources to making the game look pretty. Witcher 2 had this problem and played like a bad version of the Arkham games.

Arguably, but then they also released the fantastic combat mod last year for it.

FL4TW4V3

I'm playing through The Witcher 2 on my 360 at the moment. What a great game! I'll get a PS4 just in time for The Witcher 3!

Actually a bit worried that we're starting to see a lot of view distance restricting fog ala Witcher 2. Hopefully that's not permanent and just a weather condition.

Combat and other gameplay mechanics have been one of the focal points they've been working on overhauling.

boskee

Actually a bit worried that we're starting to see a lot of view distance restricting fog ala Witcher 2. Hopefully that's not permanent and just a weather condition.

That's No Man's Land and judging by the material CDPR released so far (eg. cinematic trailer) it's foggy.

Kssio_Aug

Maybe its InFamous SS effect, but I am not impressed.
However the game looks good! Actually the serie looks good, and I never played it! =(

Top Bottom