• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt screens

Binabik15

The ponytail is still repulsive :/ That and the ugly fur jackets that are only a rough texture are all that I wanted changed from TW2 besides the circle of grass, dithered shadows and that weird thing that happened on the sand ground texture on AMD cards.

Anyone that says it looks like The Witcher 2 should watch this clip where they show the difference between the old and new renderer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g

OMG, hadn't seen any of this before besides the puppies. Give me this game, give it to me now.

jett

D-Member
Did they hire Dennis to take these pictures? Stop oversharpening your pictures, CDPR.

It looks really good considering it's an open world this time. They managed to improve over W2 despite that.

n0n44m

Looks like The Witcher 2

wutbczy5.jpg

Portugeezer

That's what I think, but I was shouted down as a crazy person by a friend. It looks really good either way.

The same way the BF4 single player video looked a lot like BF3 on PC.

Witcher 2 looked amazing at the time too, Witcher 3 is true open world now which is an improvement.

vio

It looks indeed like The Witcher 2, but this is open world. Which is really impressive. It doesn`t have that next gen look some games had at E3 but gameplay should be best.

scitek

It looks indeed like The Witcher 2, but this is open world. Which is really impressive. It doesn`t have that next gen look some games had at E3 but gameplay should be best.

Because it pretty much already had that look.

Trickster

From what I've seen of this game so far. It doesn't look that amazing in screenshots. But the few short gameplay snippets I've seen looks really good. Either way, it's a witcher game, so I'm fucking hyped.

CHC

Looks very exciting. Dat sharpening though... you could print these screens and use 'em as sandpaper.

skarabrae

Banned
Screenshots don't do this game justice. The weather effects, for instance, aren't just your simple "rain" effects... they sway the trees and the grass and even agitate wild life. Trying to use a boat while there's a storm will doom Geralt, as waves will whip you around. We got a chance to check out the game at a presentation a couple of days back and I'm definitely picking it up once it comes out.

Also, keep in mind that this game is still in pre-Alpha. That's a damn good looking game in pre-Alpha if I do say so myself.

I need this in my veins NOW. God damn it looks incredible. If it really holds the level of detail that The Witcher 2 had with the massive open world setting like they said it will, well, it might end up being the greatest game of all time.

TheExodu5

Banned
Because it pretty much already had that look.

Eh...not really. The texture work and art direction are phenomenal, but technically it's a definite step behind plenty of games. The lighting in particular is very flat compared to some of the titles shown off at E3.

The most impressive thing, the one that stands out so clearly to me, is the huge number of NPCs in the first pic. That's not gonna be easy on the GPUs/CPUs.

tarheel91

One of the most impressive things about Witcher 2 for me was the awesome cloth/leather. This one looks to be better. I'm psyched. I hope that hair on Geralt isn't final, because the worst part of W2 visually was the hair. I'm really hoping this is in the second half of 2014 so I'll have graduated and can upgrade my GPU with much less guilt (currently a 7950).

Top Bottom