• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt screens

Gonna finally play Witcher 2 on 360. Is it as hard as I've heard? If I just want to experience the story am I going to get frustrated on normal?

Not hard at all. Crank the difficulty all the way up. Then again, after Dark Souls no game seems hard anymore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Gonna finally play Witcher 2 on 360. Is it as hard as I've heard? If I just want to experience the story am I going to get frustrated on normal?

Depends on your definition of hard. They nerfed the difficulty for the EE (aka 360 version) and I finished it before the EE patch and didn't have any trouble.

My only reasoning for the black sharpening is that they are going for this sort of look:
euWBNoN.png

But I don't think it's working

cripterion

Considering the scale of the game, I'd be ok with Witcher 2 graphics. Still long ways to go though so I'm sure it will look pretty enough on release day.

Sentenza

Considering the scale of the game, I'd be ok with Witcher 2 graphics. Still long ways to go though so I'm sure it will look pretty enough on release day.
Did you watch the gameplay reveal? It already looks far beyond what The Witcher 2 achieved, in motion.

ElfArmy177

My only issue with the Witcher 2, and this... is it looks so grainy! I dont know if its the look they are going for, but the game doesnt look clean at all. I dont mean clean as in "dirty", cause obviously they are going for a raw look, but I cant help but notice "noise" in every screenshot.

It was my only issue with Witcher 2, especially the grass in the game or foliage.

v1oz

My only issue with the Witcher 2, and this... is it looks so grainy! I dont know if its the look they are going for, but the game doesnt look clean at all. I dont mean clean as in "dirty", cause obviously they are going for a raw look, but I cant help but notice "noise" in every screenshot.

It was my only issue with Witcher 2, especially the grass in the game or foliage.
I'm sure its the gritty art style

Yes I did, it looked fluid enough, and had somewhat improved graphics. I think they mixed in some CGI in there too though?

yes the big close up on geralt and when he's having his hood on his horse (with the troll head hanging) is CG. But you can tell all the open environement shown are real time and gameplay with geralt walking/horsing around

boskee

My biggest problem with the graphics seen in the gameplay trailer is the fur on that Nordling's jacket. It looks awful.

Tekku

It has some great potential. I just hope they put more attention to the mechanics of the game and also the systems that surrounds poison and magic. There's a "gimmicky" feel to a lot of things in The Witcher, it's certainly in need of some improvements.

Top Bottom