• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox One Rumors: PS4 PSN > XBL, snap crashes games, ES RAM life long bottleneck

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLEEK

Forza is 1080p 60fps, Crimson Dragon, I think, is 1080p 60fps. Where's the ESRAM limitation there? So, really, developers all have different objectives, and they will learn more about the system overtime.

My understanding is the 32MB of eSRAM isn't enough for 1080p + MAAA, even if the game is using older forward rendering techniques. Forza 5 is jaggy city, and I don't think that EA have shown off the Xbox One builds of their two 1080p games. Crimson Dragon has no AA based on the last set of images they produced.

If you're hitting 1080p on the Xbone, the best you can do is post processing AA like FXAA. This is no different from the WiiU. And if it's a multi plat game, resources will be tight and scarifies will be made to get PS4 games running on the Xbox. Dropping native res, reducing effect, dropping AA will all be needed to hit the same frame rate and feature set.

Bugs / crashes wouldn't worry me too much -- there is still a month until launch and that's an eternity for fixing bugs. Only takes one "AHA!" moment and things can get much, much better.

Far more worrying would be the ESRAM limiting things (as that's a hardware issue) and that more of the connectivity stuff (parties, chat, etc.) is being pushed to the game code. I'd want to get as much of that code out of individual developers' hands as possible. Ugh.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Epic thread with #EPICTRUTHFACTS
CBOAT has confirmed... Only a matter of time until most sites report on the rumors.
Once again, it looks like "The Third Console Curse" is real. How the mighty have fallen...

Haven't seen it hit this hard since the Dreamcast though. Which is kind of ironic because the Xbox kind of replaced it what with all the SEGA games.

"His vision, his fault". = Don mattrick?

I hope the executives feel the pressure for what their doing. Feel bad for software guys/hardware guys and whatever position CBoat is in, hes definitely passionate about gamers.
I share ha feelings about Mattrick.

He's gone but it's too late now, they have to work with what they have.

lt519

MS, by everything we hear.

What't the second, sony? Nintendo?

Yeah read that summary post a few posts up, doesn't sound like everything is peachy at Sony with PSN either. It's all rumor anyway, but fun to point fingers and laugh :) My PS4 was already going to be collecting dust for Infamous anyway so I'm not to bothered, just entertained

Grief.exe

These rumours are total BS. Last ditch efforts to derail the Xbox brand before launch. It's not working. I'm still buying one and it will have a better OS and online service than my PS4 in every way that matters. I have 100% confidence in that.

Blindly following a Corporate entity in the face of multiple issues from multiple, validated, sources.

What can we even do anymore GAF?

iblwWktjDkxZum.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
You know what? I really like crazy buttocks on a train.

I like the fact that s/he is looking out for us and the coda of that post is something that I find myself 1000% in agreeing with.

Keep on shinin', Crazy.

The people you're quoting have no idea if all that shit you quoted was true. You'll know soon if it's true or not. The most provable part of that is CoD on PS4 at 720p. Sony claims it's 1080p. Hard to hide the real resolution.

Even if that's the case, it was much better for me to remove it. It was my mistake for putting it there in the first place, I just thought it would be interesting to discuss (even though personally didn't think it was true).

I wasn't aware of this guy's reputation, though...and also after seeing it derail the thread pretty fast, I removed it.

CSX

Sure, three weeks is plenty of time to fix major problems with core functionality.

Well he/she did say probably fix before launch.

Regardless, im sensing we are about to see a Day 1 patch that will compete with Wii U's firmware update in size lol

Axass

CBOAT, the prophet, has spoken, truthfacts were delivered. After famousmortimer and this, I consider it 100% confirmed.

PS4 OS is not crash city guys, its been covered by other people in the know.

snip LiquidMetal14 quotes
Just so I can get it straight in my head who is an actual insider and who is an "insider", is LiquidMetal14 mod verified as someone who has any insider knowledge? I see him say "I've heard" or "from what I've been told" and he seems to be constantly, vaguely implying that he has inside knowledge. This seems to cause him to get quoted later to verify things, but I don't remember seeing anything that would indicate that anyone should trust him more than they do any random dude on a forum.

Some insiders come across as professional adults who likely have connections beyond just things they read on the internet. Some "insiders" come across more like 12 year-olds with a dog in this fight who are trying to sound impressive on the playground while vaguely hinting that their dad might be president of the big toy company.

No accusations, and I'm not saying who is who because it's entirely possible I've missed something, I'm just trying to see if there is maybe something I missed about this particular individual that might make me lend him more credence than I currently do.

The people you're quoting have no idea if all that shit you quoted was true. You'll know soon if it's true or not. The most provable part of that is CoD on PS4 at 720p. Sony claims it's 1080p. Hard to hide the real resolution.

How about COD is 720p on XB1 and PS4 because of network issues?

Are you really that daft? How can you not see that and immediately understand the source who wrote it is 1) an incredible idiot who doesn't understand the first thing about how a console renders a game and 2) anything and everything should therefore be completely dismissed because of 1

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I just hope they realize that and have righted the ship in time to turn the system into an amazing gamer's machine. I have hope, still..

I don't have any hope for this any more. They'll continue trying to squeeze more and more money out of consumers and close the division when that doesn't work.

QUICK ROUGH TRANSLATION

I said DAMN.

Thanks.

Looks like I was right about needing this tonight:
pwnt.gif

I disagree with CBOAT that none of the three plan for gamers. Obviously MS have some other things in mind this time, but I feel current Nintendo and Sony are really trying appeal to gamers. Both their messaging and efforts are concentrated on pleasing us first and foremost.

Pretty much agree with this, Sony and Nintendo seem pretty freaking focused on gamers. Sony's been talking about nothing but games and gamers and also, I don't see how Nintendo isn't at least trying to appeal to gamers (even if it might be different ones than those that mainly play the big 3rd party titles since they're having trouble getting those) since they are mostly only a game company whereas Sony and MS have all their other divisions. Edit: As such, I agree with the later translations where, if right, he's not lumping in Nintendo and Sony with the fallout from MS' app focus.

cchum

Oh, since this lovely gif was made in the other topic ->

Ass+saurus+in+Jurassic+park_6494b6_3846645.gif

THE BUTTOCKS HAS ARRIVED. ASS STORM INCOMING.

Thanks Lovely Salsa for the GIF!

Which GAFFER and girlfriend had enough time to get in a thong and pound buttocks against a window?

what is the buttocks part from?

Since CBOAT says it's Mattrick's fault I wonder if the guys in charge now will shift back towards a more gaming focused direction. I mean they've done a decent job of getting rid of the total BS like DRM and mandatory Kinect since he left. They have a decent game lineup, their main problem at this point is the hardware and software decisions Mattrick made years ago they can't change now. I'm sure if MS got the system working and pumped out a great lineup of exclusives many would pick it up regardless of the hardware.

So is cboat concerned for his job now if this really does kill the xbox ?

Can't be nice seeing it fall apart and feeling you need to help bring it all out in the open and bring your own house down.

Must suck,

So salt. For real, bro, you need to stay out of rumor threads if they're going to make you apoplectic. Perhaps the buttocks (blessed be His name
lol
) feels that consumers should know before they potentially buy a turkey (a week before Thanksgiving, I might add). Every time an insider posts something negative about your console of choice, you choose to attack the insider so as to reaffirm your comforting worldview. If the news makes your soul burn slow, you should try and kick the habit of coming 'round obviously negative threads.

Gaz_RB

Man, if these rumors are true, I really hope the XB1 can get it's stuff together by the time I have enough money to buy one!

UNCMark

Banned
Even if that's the case, it was much better for me to remove it. It was my mistake for putting it there in the first place, I just thought it would be interesting to discuss (even though personally didn't think it was true).

I wasn't aware of this guy's reputation, though...and also after seeing it derail the thread pretty fast, I removed it.

Another sign it was more than likely bullshit is that he claimed Drive Club was delayed due to PSN issues, completely ignoring the fact that Killzone wasn't.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I trust in Penello, he could never lie to us

That's one way to contort and discredit what he was saying.

Maybe the other way is to recognize that he was lamenting that MS put apps and services ahead of gamers on a game system.
Apps and services to enhance the gamers experience aren't a bad thing. If you aren't interested in apps and services you can switch to PC games. Cuz all next-gen systems (Wii U, XBO and PS4) has apps and services.

i-Lo

This is getting epic, who knew the two companies were in such colossal messes.

You mean 3 companies. After all, when many people don't know that Wii U is a new console and not a Wii attachment and for which glorified ports, unprecedented non-existent third party support and lack lustre first party support are key identifiers atm and wants to sell on nostalgia, you know you've screwed up.

Just so I can get it straight in my head who is an actual insider and who is an "insider", is LiquidMetal14 mod verified as someone who has any insider knowledge? I see him say "I've heard" or "from what I've been told" and he seems to be constantly, vaguely implying that he has inside knowledge. This seems to cause him to get quoted later to verify things, but I don't remember seeing anything that would indicate that anyone should trust him more than they do any random dude on a forum.

Some insiders come across as professional adults who likely have connections beyond just things they read on the internet. Some "insiders" come across more like 12 year-olds with a dog in this fight who are trying to sound impressive on the playground while vaguely hinting that their dad might be president of the big toy company.

No accusations, and I'm not saying who is who because it's entirely possible I've missed something, I'm just trying to see if there is maybe something I missed about this particular individual that might make me lend him more credence than I currently do.

read the rest of it, there's more than just liquimetal saying the same things:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom