• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ys VIII area footage/music (part of the extra content exclusive to PS4)

Definitely not, I'm just wishing.
Actually, the PS2/PSP ports looked good for their time / platforms. This one was built around the Vita pretty much, not the PC.. I'm OK with that, it's just visually held back.

I dunno, I mean we're getting their first PS4-only game this year and it doesn't look like the massive step up from the PS3/Vita versions that everyone keeps going on about:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9OWML-UAAAE9BJ.jpg

Dio

Banned
I dunno, I mean we're getting their first PS4-only game this year and it doesn't look like the massive step up from the PS3/Vita versions that everyone keeps going on about:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9OWML-UAAAE9BJ.jpg

It's quite a big step up when you use better quality images.

hgpkBUM.jpg

gFNvl5S.jpg

Also 3D character models are way better looking:

It's quite a big step up when you use better quality images.

I mean, those two images look like the exact difference between bullshot and real screenshot. Top one is fine, backgrounds look slightly blurry with sharp edges but looks like real gameplay. And in that sense, not much of a step up over the PS3/Vita versions. That bottom screenshot looks like a completely different game.

So we'll have to see how it ends up. I'm not convinced we're going to get this generational leap because Falcom, like many other niche Japanese companies, work on constrained budgets.

Tohsaka

I might have to import Cold Steel 3, don't think I can wait a year or however long XSEED will take to bring it over.

Dio

Banned
Falcom Magazine issue 74 revealed some more info.

They are actually adding new characters as well to go along with the new content for Dana.

sSI3ppe.png

イオ(CV:悠木碧)

ダーナの前に姿を現す、薄桃色の髪をした無邪気な少女。清楚な見た目をしているが図々しく偉そうな口調で話す こともあり、ダーナを巻き込んでトラブルを起こしてしまうことも。王都エタニアの地下聖堂に興味を示すダーナ に対し、一緒に内部を調査しようと提案するが……。

ラステル(CV:天崎滉平)

実直で勤勉な王都エタニアの若き衛士。幼い頃から父である衛士長ドランに憧れ、いつか立派な衛士になろうと父 の傍で衛士としての訓練に励んでいた。成長後は新人衛士として王都部隊に入隊。ダーナの護衛として働くことを 夢見て王都での任務に励むようになるが、ある出来事をきっかけにラステルの運命は思わぬ方向へと動いていく。

Top Bottom