• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda U/NX artwork + E3 plans

MuchoMalo

Banned
The bolded is untrue because they could just pull what Awakening and Fates did and let you customize Robin and Corrin even though they have a set personality. I disagree with everything else but I'm done with this conversation until the female option is confirmed or denied.

True, I suppose. I still feel like that would limit a few things though. I'd much prefer them to just make a playable Zelda or Linkle game or something at some point to forcing this option into every game in the series going forward. I understand that you disagree, but the thing is that I've never met a woman who has honestly said that they won't buy a game because they have to play as a guy, nor vice-versa (except for some guys who are assholes). It's anecdotal, obviously, but I just can't wrap my head around the idea if this affecting a purchasing decision.

I tell ya what, some Zelda fans are being really touchy on Twitter. I mentioned that I was wondering why he was right handed again and there were no shortage of people to tell me every Link is different, why does it matter, who cares, he switches all the time, etc, etc. I even had someone try to tell me that the 2D Links were all ambidextrous so he was never actually left handed.

Here I am quietly thinking to myself "I was just curious?". He was made right handed due to motion controls and most players being right handed, so are motion controls back? Legit just curious as to why.

What's up with that new Ganon design in the corner with the Skull Sword?

Nah, it's not a new design.

61rbvnRh4OL._SY355_.jpg

I tell ya what, some Zelda fans are being really touchy on Twitter. I mentioned that I was wondering why he was right handed again and there were no shortage of people to tell me every Link is different, why does it matter, who cares, he switches all the time, etc, etc. I even had someone try to tell me that the 2D Links were all ambidextrous so he was never actually left handed.

Here I am quietly thinking to myself "I was just curious?". He was made right handed due to motion controls and most players being right handed, so are motion controls back? Legit just curious as to why.

Maybe it's story related? It could be motion controls too.

MuchoMalo

Banned

Maybe it's another option. Maybe there's just a Link Creator at the beginning of the game.

Randomizer

So excited but also nervous and apprehensive at the same time. I don't know why though, I've loved every 3D Zelda to date. Don't fuck this up Nintendo.

I wish I could agree that the art is amazing or that this is "the coolest link" but among other things about this game I'm not convinced.

But I like more Zelda games than most people so I'll probably dig it in the end.

kevm3

A female link would be wack. Just give Zelda a game in the series where she's the actual star.
Japan also needs a testosterone injection. I'm tired of all of the weak looking and overly feminine looking designs they've been pumping out the past few years. Give me the n64 link design.

A female link would be wack. Just give Zelda a game in the series where she's the actual star.
Japan also needs a testosterone injection. I'm tired of all of the weak looking and overly feminine looking designs they've been pumping out the past few years. Give me the n64 link design.

The design that was specifically made more feminine because the designer's wife requested a more attractive and bishounen Link?

I'm sorta not convinced Zelda NX will have a female Link/gender option... I think it's totally possible, but I don't trust Nintendo would take that step with an established iconic character.

I'm not saying it WOULDN'T make sense, and I'm in favour of the idea, but the more I think about it, I don't see Nintendo doing it. The latest art doesn't do much to convince me otherwise. That's straight up not a girl on that horse.

aBarreras

I wish I could agree that the art is amazing or that this is "the coolest link" but among other things about this game I'm not convinced.

But I like more Zelda games than most people so I'll probably dig it in the end.

even if the game is not that great, the art is amazing

nah, the same was said about Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword before the reveal, i bet this one is going to have a strange subtitle like the others.

it wont be called "The Legend of Zelda for Wii U/NX"

the female/male Link discussion...meh im just going to wait for E3, looks like your typical Link anyways.
The Legend of Zelda: The Girl of Time

Nintendo plz.

Name probably has to do with the horse.

Twiforce

psst, your toxic masculinity is showing!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone think we'll see a Link that changes age? they wanted to do it in wind waker but scrapped the idea,

It would be an interesting feature, but that kind of stuff is always hard to pull off when games in general are just really bad at conveying the passage of time. Even with a day night cycle you're at best looking at a month or two of in game time. Would the game's plot somehow involve time skips?

Best implementation I've seen in a game is The Witcher 3 and Geralt's beard growing. Nothing else really has done a great job of it.

Effect

There is no day 3.

The 14th to the 16th. E3 last three days. Last time they streamed Treehouse Live on all three days. Granted the 3rd day had some repeat demos and interviews but I think there were still new things being shown on that 3rd day.

Neiteio

c'mon Neiteio, you were the same with star fox zero before launch, i know the game doesnt look hot, but maybe its fun haha
That's true, I ended up loving Star Fox Zero. But at least Zero still looked like a Star Fox game, while FF looks nothing like Metroid.

But who knows. Next Level Games is a great developer. It'll probably be a solid game, but man, I want a proper Metroid.

That's one of the most feminine looking Links yet. Odd considering he looked decidedly more masculine in the last promo art they released.

I was skeptical before, but I think I'm starting to believe the FemLink/playable Zelda hype. Count me among the disappointed if this all turns out to be a bad case of androgyny. :p

aBarreras

That's true, I ended up loving Star Fox Zero. But at least Zero still looked like a Star Fox game, while FF looks nothing like Metroid.

But who knows. Next Level Games is a great developer. It'll probably be a solid game, but man, I want a proper Metroid.

DONT WE ALL? DONT WE?

going back to topic, i really want to know what would they present on day 3

Neiteio

Currently I'm like 5% hype.

Nintendo hasn't made a 3D console Zelda with a world I love since Wind Waker, and they haven't made one with gameplay I love since Majora's Mask.

ALBW was fantastic, though, and I'm not even a fan of ALttP. Hopefully it's indicative of a return to a sense of discovery.

KingBroly

Banned
That's one of the most feminine looking Links yet. Odd considering he looked decidedly more masculine in the last promo art they released.

I was skeptical before, but I think I'm starting to believe the FemLink/playable Zelda hype. Count me among the disappointed if this all turns out to be a bad case of androgyny. :p

I'm sure if they gave us a bigger piece of artwork, people would be able to dismiss it as a Female Link.

I've already given my theory/want about what I think should go down here, because it's interesting and it allows you to play around with a lot of things without being 'swap x with y' about it.

ReyVGM

DONT WE ALL? DONT WE?

going back to topic, i really want to know what would they present on day 3

There is no Day 3.

I'm sure if they gave us a bigger piece of artwork, people would be able to dismiss it as a Female Link.

I've already given my theory/want about what I think should go down here, because it's interesting and it allows you to play around with a lot of things without being 'swap x with y' about it.

I dunno... have people not seen how males look in most japanese games in the past decade? They look almost like little girls.

Anth0ny

Nintendo hasn't made a 3D console Zelda with a world I love since Wind Waker, and they haven't made one with gameplay I love since Majora's Mask.

ALBW was fantastic, though, and I'm not even a fan of ALttP. Hopefully it's indicative of a return to a sense of discovery.

My thoughts exactly.

If they learn the right things from LBW and discard some of the crap from TP and SS, we could be looking at something special here. But it's a long shot.

KingBroly

Banned
There is no Day 3.

I dunno... have people not seen how males look in most japanese games in the past decade? They look almost like little girls.

I think people are trying to see what they want to see and not what's really there. While Emily Rogers suggested there was a female option, people are 100% jumping the gun on Female Link. Why? I dunno. Why you'd want to play as a female Link when you already have a perfectly good female character in Zelda is beyond me, especially when she's the titular character. That seems more damning to Zelda than anything to me, especially after 30 years where people haven't gotten to play as her.

ReyVGM

why you keep doing this to me T_T, well at leaste i have zelda day off! and monday for all the other conferences

Well day 2 is only games they've already shown before, so you can always catch the recording on youtube later.

The important is day 1 because ZEEEEEELDAAAAAA HYPE LEVELS!

Well day 2 is only games they've already shown before, so you can always catch the recording on youtube later.

The important is day 1 because ZEEEEEELDAAAAAA HYPE LEVELS!
We don't know that for sure. They could easily announce a brand new game and play it on day 2.

AdanVC

Same. Other developers have raised the open world bar so high that I'm not sure if Nintendo even with their 30 year experience making Zelda games can bring something that can wow everyone to the party considering people is already starting to burn out of the genre. But then again, the same we were thinking about Splatoon and they managed to deliver such a unique and insanely fun twist to the super worn-out genre that are shooters wich actually worked and was succesful. Hope they can bring the same twist and magic to this new Zelda.

Same. Other developers have raised the open world bar so high that I'm not sure if Nintendo even with their 30+ year experience making Zelda games can bring something that can wow everyone to the party considering people is already starting to burn out of the genre. But then again, the same we were thinking about Splatoon and they managed to deliver such a unique and insanely fun twist to the super worn-out genre that are shooters wich actually worked and was succesful. Hope they can bring the same twist and magic to this new Zelda.

If Nintendo tries to chase the standard western open-world design, then yeah, I don't think this game will blow people away.

Fortunately, I don't think they're aiming to do that.

Top Bottom