• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Wind Waker HD videos

What is your deal? You've been bitching about the bloom left and right, about how much the HD version loses the charm of the original and you're still buying the retail AND digital versions?

Unless it was all sarcasm?
This is what I am saying. People thought I was joking when I said hopefully the game sells 100K WW. How can people complain then buy the game? Be damned to buy it twice lol Just complaining because its cool.

Suddenly bloom is the cool thing to take extra note of and scrutinize in a negative fashion. I think it makes people feel like they come off as knowledgeable and 'true next gen ready' or something...

Whatever.

LOCK

ivh53QSSMBTv5.gif

Somebody should add "Hey wait" as he runs up to the edge and "Come back Nintendo fans" as Link is waving.

zroid

Banned
I don't even like Wind Waker, it's my least favourite 3D Zelda. I'm buying this BECAUSE OF the bloom and all the rest of the changes. :p

Being a QA Tester will ruin your gaming life. You'll keep noticing stuff like that and it will look 10 times bigger in your head.

It's driving me nuts when a game is buggy as hell..

*cough*Skyrim*cough*

I'm pretty sure the pedestal flicker is intentional. You're only upsetting the resting point of the sword that binds evil.

Pyrokai

Guys oh gawd I'm going tomorrow to my local Gamestop to preorder the Ganon figure edition but I can't go until 5 o'clock p.m. And I'm afraid I'm not going to get it :(

NateDrake

I'm waiting to hear back confirmation from the site I'm capturing footage for on whether I can share the videos with public (I assume yes since a few sites are sharing tons of footage) but they are waiting on confirmation from NoA.

zroid

Banned
Guys oh gawd I'm going tomorrow to my local Gamestop to preorder the Ganon figure edition but I can't go until 5 o'clock p.m. And I'm afraid I'm not going to get it :(

i think some stores are opening at midnight tonight for NHL. you could try to get it done then, maybe.

zroid

Banned
I would buy Knack if Knack Translator™ were continuously narrating the entire game as you played (a la Bastion). :3

MegalonJJ

Banned
It would be nice to see Twilight Princess receive an HD remaster, with upgraded textures and music (some midi, some orchestral). Temple of Time would look and sound amazing and Hyrule castle at the end with the rain and scale would look stunning. (

Minor tweaks to intro and reduce the number of light/bug tears crap collecting to improve pacing).

RagnarokX

It would be nice to see Twilight Princess receive an HD remaster, with upgraded textures and music (some midi, some orchestral). Temple of Time would look and sound amazing and Hyrule castle at the end with the rain and scale would look stunning. (

Minor tweaks to intro and reduce the number of light/bug tears crap collecting to improve pacing).

Twilight Princess would take so much more work to make it look good. Those textures are awful.

chadboban

I'm waiting to hear back confirmation from the site I'm capturing footage for on whether I can share the videos with public (I assume yes since a few sites are sharing tons of footage) but they are waiting on confirmation from NoA.

Oh cool, hope they let you share it. What are your general impressions of the game so far?

ohlawd

I think I'm gonna go ahead and get the game digitally on the 20th.

Also (hopefully) successfully preorder the game with the figure tomorrow at EB.

shiet I can't take this any longer. My favorite game needs to be in my veins like rite nao.

AniHawk

if the next console zelda is a good two years away (2015 sounds about right), twilight princess hd next year would be fantastic. not as much time has gone by, but i think the best zelda deserves a bit more of the spotlight.

Toparaman

Banned
Suddenly bloom is the cool thing to take extra note of and scrutinize in a negative fashion. I think it makes people feel like they come off as knowledgeable and 'true next gen ready' or something...

Whatever.

There's been criticism of bloom over-usage since 2006, if not a year or two earlier.

Here's a comic from 2007 satirizing bloom over-usage (and other bad graphics trends from earlier in this gen):

The parts where it doesn't look like claymation or drowned in glows or neon blue sky...looks really good, shame that they were so close to perfection and had to ruin it.

http://i.minus.com/ivh53QSSMBTv5.gif

Yeah, I don't like a lot of the claymation-looking parts either. I'm still on the fence. Either way I'm going to be playing Wind Waker again though, so looking forward to that.

I don't think it's the bloom itself people don't like, but that they are used to the original which didn't have it. If Rime was a remake and the original didn't have bloom, I bet people would be complaining about that too.

Tookay

if the next console zelda is a good two years away (2015 sounds about right), twilight princess hd next year would be fantastic. not as much time has gone by, but i think the best zelda deserves a bit more of the spotlight.

Totally hope this is the case.

Unless a TP HD interferes with them producing MM 3D. Because there might be hell to pay in that scenario.

mdtauk

Totally hope this is the case.

Unless a TP HD interferes with them producing MM 3D. Because there might be hell to pay in that scenario.

If TP HD should ever be done, we will be waiting until 2015-2016 for an all new Zelda game for the Wii U

Toparaman

Banned

I prefer WW, but I'd love to see that. TP would benefit from an HD remaster even more than WW.

Hiltz

I don't think we'll see any more Zelda ports except for possibly Majora's Mask. We know Aonuma's staff will be coming together as a whole to fully focus on the first original Zelda game on Wii U once A Link Between Worlds is finished. It would be nice to get a new Zelda home console game out by the 4th year instead of the 5th.

I don't think we'll see any more Zelda ports except for possibly Majora's Mask. We know Aonuma's staff will be coming together as a whole to fully focus on the first original Zelda game on Wii U once A Link Between Worlds is finished. It would be nice to get a new Zelda home console game out by the 4th year instead of the 5th.

I still think they're aiming for next year, but they'll probably delay it until 2015 because it's a Zelda game. Zelda U is probably EAD's biggest priority after this year, and will likely be taking up a big team.

Tookay

I could see TP HD coming out 2016 (assuming the Wii U is still alive). It'd be ten years since TP's release at that date.

gimz

omg man, this looks so good, im glad i only played this game thru once on GC

but i remember i loved the photography feature

Otnopolit

I do like me some GameXplain, but that man's voice kinda drives me mad.

Game is looking so good! Can't believe the digital copy is out so soon, what a fabulous Fall this will be playing Wind Waker again.

oatmeal

Banned
I do like me some GameXplain, but that man's voice kinda drives me mad.

Game is looking so good! Can't believe the digital copy is out so soon, what a fabulous Fall this will be playing Wind Waker again.

It's dorky but charming.

He genuinely seems to enjoy what he's doing and get excited by what he's explaining.

I am so pumped for this game. The more I see of it, the more I need it. I do hope they do the same for more GameCube titles, like Mario Sunshine. And I would kill for an HD Metroid Prime.

flattie

If TP HD should ever be done, we will be waiting until 2015-2016 for an all new Zelda game for the Wii U

Even without anymore HD remakes, I wouldn't expect another Zelda game until 2015 at the earliest - I'd even be content to wait until 2016 in order to give the team a good three years to do something special.

Even without anymore HD remakes, I wouldn't expect another Zelda game until 2015 at the earliest - I'd even be content to wait until 2016 in order to give the team a good three years to do something special.

They're already, evidently, working on the game in some capacity. Heck, WWHD (and, presumably, the 2011 E3 Zelda demo) came from experimenting with art-styles for the title.

3phemeral

Probably because the original and the HD of WW is so unique from all other games, and they're even unique from each other.

True. And I suppose after thinking about it after I posted, WW is much easier to HD-ify because of its art style, whereas FFX isn't really something that would benefit from a slight bump in texture resolution or poly count given the original level of detail.

I think art wins again this time around, even though I do love Square's art quite a bit.

flattie

They're already, evidently, working on the game in some capacity. Heck, WWHD (and, presumably, the 2011 E3 Zelda demo) came from experimenting with art-styles for the title.

Yes. Alongside completing the WWHD and LTTP2. Clearly, I know nothing more than anybody else, but I would be utterly shocked if the next Zelda comes before the end of 2015. That's two years of dedicated dev time and feels about right. Anybody expecting a brand new Zelda next year is quite frankly expecting more than Nintendo can probably deliver and are setting themselves up for disappointment. Still, I'll happily eat crow if it somehow does come to pass.

Yes. Alongside completing the WWHD and LTTP2. Clearly, I know nothing more than anybody else, but I would be utterly shocked if the next Zelda comes before the end of 2015. That's two years of dedicated dev time and feels about right. Anybody expecting a brand new Zelda next year is quite frankly expecting more than Nintendo can probably deliver and are setting themselves up for disappointment. Still, I'll happily eat crow if it somehow does come to pass.

Oh, I agree I don't think it's likely to be coming next year, but I think it's a possibility. Look at what EAD is working on right now:

EAD 1: Mario Kart 8.
EAD 2: Unknown, last worked on Animal Crossing New Leaf.
EAD 3: WWHD, Wii U Zelda and LoZ: A Link Between Worlds
EAD 4: Unknown. Recently released Pikmin 3, Luigi DLC for NSMBU
EAD 5: Wii Fit U, possibly co-developing Steel Diver F2P w/ Vitei.

Most of their games just released or will be out before Spring. That leaves the potential for staff to be shifted to Zelda (or Animal Crossing, or both) and get it out ASAP, but a little depends on how many projects are going on we don't know about. EAD, from what we know, is about 700 people and the 'teams' are very loose, with staff moving about as needed. Plus, there's now the Monolith Kyoto which is helping on asset production.

Top Bottom