• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zelda Wind Waker HD videos

Being a QA Tester will ruin your gaming life. You'll keep noticing stuff like that and it will look 10 times bigger in your head.

It's driving me nuts when a game is buggy as hell..

*cough*Skyrim*cough*

you do have issues but why ruin it for the rest of us I tried to look for what you talked about did not even notice it not even sure what I am looking for unless you circle and pointer arrow it lol

Darryl

Banned
Yes. Alongside completing the WWHD and LTTP2. Clearly, I know nothing more than anybody else, but I would be utterly shocked if the next Zelda comes before the end of 2015. That's two years of dedicated dev time and feels about right. Anybody expecting a brand new Zelda next year is quite frankly expecting more than Nintendo can probably deliver and are setting themselves up for disappointment. Still, I'll happily eat crow if it somehow does come to pass.

Just lower your expectations some and you'll see it. Most Nintendo games aren't very overachieving right now. They're all heavily rooted in some prior game and Zelda U looks like it is clinging to WW HD as a foundation. I expect it to be more of an ambitious DLC pack for this game right here, Majora's Mask style. Obviously it'll probably do some stuff to differentiate itself and no one will probably be able to tell unless they look close enough. Remove the boat, add a horse and land instead. Maybe re-texture Toon Link into Puppet/Plushie/Claymation/Toy Link.

Tookay

Just lower your expectations some and you'll see it. Most Nintendo games aren't very overachieving right now. They're all heavily rooted in some prior game and Zelda U looks like it is clinging to WW HD as a foundation. I expect it to be more of an ambitious DLC pack for this game right here, Majora's Mask style. Obviously it'll probably do some stuff to differentiate itself and no one will probably be able to tell unless they look close enough. Remove the boat, add a horse and land instead. Maybe re-texture Toon Link into Puppet/Plushie/Claymation/Toy Link.

I have a feeling you couldn't be more wrong about what's in store.

Darryl

Banned
I have a feeling you couldn't be more wrong about what's in store.

Well we can rest assured that the game is probably not going to look much like Wind Waker HD since we know they were going to show it last E3 and that'd just be weird if it looked the same. People build up some crazy high expectations for the Zelda series to shake-up constantly and I wouldn't expect it now that they are unstable and resources are thin.

Birathen

Has anyone reading this never played Wind Waker? I would expect many gamers missed it, even on GAF.

I never played past the beginning of the game, so this year I have WWHD, TP,SS, ALBW and OoT. None of wich I played more then a few hours on :) Year of Zelda, baby!

Albo

Twilight Princess would take so much more work to make it look good. Those textures are awful.

I've just started replaying it recently and it holds up surprisingly well on my TV than online stills/vids led me to believe. Sure, some textures are noticeably bad, but overall the game still looks beautiful.

HD upscale would look incredible, but I have a feeling Zelda U will look similar to the 2011 tech demo which was essentially TP in HD, so they either won't do TP HD in a long while or not at all. I'd bet they''ve already have MM 3DS in the planning so releasing another remake of game but this time one you can still play on your wii u, would seem a bit lazy.

Hermii

I've just started replaying it recently and it holds up surprisingly well on my TV than online stills/vids led me to believe. Sure, some textures are noticeably bad, but overall the game still looks beautiful.

HD upscale would look incredible, but I have a feeling Zelda U will look similar to the 2011 tech demo which was essentially TP in HD, so they either won't do TP HD in a long while or not at all. I'd bet they''ve already have MM 3DS in the planning so releasing another remake of game but this time one you can still play on your wii u, would seem a bit lazy.

I think twilight princess has less flaws than windwaker that they would adress in a remake gameplay wise, and with the artstyle upgrading to HD would probably make less of a difference.

And also I think there is a big chance Wii U Zelda will have the artstyle of the tech demo because everyone loved that demo and Nintendo needs this to sell well and probably wont afford the risk to go with an unconventional artstyle.

It looks amazing. Such a timeless art style, 2 gens later and it still looks absolutely stunning. Makes me wish Nintendo used that style in more games, this is the kind of art style that makes games impressive visually even on lower spec hardware. Realistic graphics will always end up looking outdated, the right stylized graphics will always look good.

And Toon Link is so kawaii.

Albo

I think twilight princess has less flaws than windwaker that they would adress in a remake gameplay wise, and with the artstyle upgrading to HD would probably make less of a difference.

And also I think there is a big chance Wii U Zelda will have the artstyle of the tech demo because everyone loved that demo and Nintendo needs this to sell well and probably wont afford the risk to go with an unconventional artstyle.

Agree. With WW, they've addressed tons of minor issues that improve the experience as a whole. I'd have to fully replay TP again to see if there's room for any gameplay improvements or overall fine tuning but I can definitely see them trying to appease the TP crowd with Zelda U. They need to attract the biggest possible audience in Wii U's situation so creating TP 2.0 on steroids inspired game would be their best option.

If you watch this vid as an indicator to compare a high res texture pack to the original, it looks good but not a huge improvement. I'd rather see ninty putt all their resources into making Zelda U in a similar style TP to than spending time on TP HD.

another TP HD texture vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1b7Nr3KzYg

I heard Link shops at bloomingdales. Is this true?

Well this joke came out of the blue
m

Also, new vid of Medli's duckface in HD if anyone cares

plank

I like the new Windfall Island track its seems to fit the feel of the setting there more than the GC version.

Exile20

It looks amazing. Such a timeless art style, 2 gens later and it still looks absolutely stunning. Makes me wish Nintendo used that style in more games, this is the kind of art style that makes games impressive visually even on lower spec hardware. Realistic graphics will always end up looking outdated, the right stylized graphics will always look good.

And Toon Link is so kawaii.

No matter how good a realistic game looks at the time, it will look outdated in a few years.

D-e-f-

Banned

Albo

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...dered-showing-new-zelda-wii-u-game-at-e3.aspx

Farther along than we think.

Also, it's not gonna look like the tech demo. Nintendo might not say much but they actually tell us a lot spread over tons of interviews.

But then Aonuma says this a few days after. We're getting mixed messages on this.

Aonuma told the LA Times that production for Zelda on the Wii U is still in the experimental phase and full production won't begin until after the release of The Wind Waker for the Wii U and A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

The Wii U Gamepad will certainly give opportunities for new gameplay but Aonuma also mentioned that he's looking to change the game up in other ways as well. Everything about Zelda from the gameplay mechanics to the dungeon-exploring model is being looked at.

"It’s not that anyone is telling me we have to change the formula," Aonuma said. "I want to change it. I’m kind of getting tired of it."

"If I’m getting tired of it, then I’m sure other people are getting tired of it," he continued. "There is an essential Zelda I feel we need to stay true to. We are still testing things, exploring our options. We haven’t landed anywhere at this point. We’re still seeing what we can do."

I’m the one clamoring for dates and deadlines, but all that stuff can get thrown out the window at any given time. The company is always telling us, ‘When are you going to be done with your games?’ Because they need a release date. But I can’t tell you where in the development we are because things are still up in the air.

Let's be real here, this game is bound to be nintendo's biggest project to date, after Skyward sword. It'll be revealed between january-june next year, aiming for a holiday 2014 release, then it'll get delayed to holiday 2015. However given nintendo's situation with the wii U they might push to get it out as early as possible, but that not like them to release an unpolished, unfinished zelda
inb4WW

D-e-f-

Banned
But then Aonuma says this a few days after. We're getting mixed messages on this.

Let's be real here, this game is bound to be nintendo's biggest project to date, after Skyward sword. It'll be revealed between january-june next year, aiming for a holiday 2014 release, then it'll get delayed to holiday 2015. However given nintendo's situation with the wii U they might push to get it out as early as possible, but that not like them to release an unpolished, unfinished zelda
inb4WW

Hm, I hadn't seen that LA Times interview before.

Miyamoto always makes games sound closer to being done, Aonuma is always careful and says things are very early. Iwata must be going crazy with those two :D

zroid

Banned
Not sure whether I like the new Windfall track more or less than the old one, but either way I think it's cool they're putting in the effort and making these changes.

Revven

Also, since the game is done, I think it's finally safe to ask. Do we know if zombie hovering, storage, super swim and all the other speed running glitches are still in the game?

No, we don't. Well, except zombie hovering was working for one of the demo units in June from Best Buy. The Helmaroc setup still worked too (able to Deku leaf past him and etc).

We probably will not know until Cosmo plays it next week (he's going to stream it day 1).

Sorry if this is a bit ott.

izvJdmbg4NN2C.gif

ibtKnqPcI4HGQZ.gif

iG50cYF8YqhbB.gif

iblHE5mhvQJ5Gy.gif

ipum5oYGvp2Qz.gif

ij0gxENkfFxGG.gif

ibqK0bmLiOiAHr.gif

ibeukGu00ZCJ7I.gif

ivh53QSSMBTv5.gif
This is the greatest post in the history of NeoGAF.

No, we don't. Well, except zombie hovering was working for one of the demo units in June from Best Buy. The Helmaroc setup still worked too (able to Deku leaf past him and etc).

We probably will not know until Cosmo plays it next week (he's going to stream it day 1).
Is he still? I know he said he ordered a Japanese Wii U to be able to play it ASAP but then the NA version got announced as being earlier. The Japanese version won't be out until the 26th.

antonz

Hm, I hadn't seen that LA Times interview before.

Miyamoto always makes games sound closer to being done, Aonuma is always careful and says things are very early. Iwata must be going crazy with those two :D

I suspect Miyamoto is the more up front of the two. Miyamoto said Zelda Wii U was at a stage they could have shown it at E3 but opted not too. That means its a lot further along then Aonuma is saying.

Aonuma is the cautious guy who doesn't want to get people too hyped in case Miyamoto upends a table and slows everything down a year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Was he doing that on purpose or did he seriously not know how to beat fucking Gohma?

EDIT: I just realized that he SHOWS he's starting the game on Hero Mode, but later you see him taking normal damage and getting heart drops.

Wuss.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I suspect Miyamoto is the more up front of the two. Miyamoto said Zelda Wii U was at a stage they could have shown it at E3 but opted not too. That means its a lot further along then Aonuma is saying.

You mean, it was ready to be shown, until they scrapped everything and started again :p.

Top Bottom