• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newborn Baby-GAF: Sleepless Nights Deluxe HD Remix

DJ_Lae

Any fees for checking a stroller/carseat?

I've never encountered any. You usually get a cartseat check-in over and above your luggage, plus they'll let you wheel your stroller up to the plane and then stow it after everyone's boarded.

I've brought smaller strollers in those cases but it seems they don't care, other people have happily used their gigantic Bobs without problem.

I've heard horror stories of strollers getting beat to hell during the baggage process, though. I've never had that problem personally, but just a heads up.

Oh, get a travel bag for your car seat, the one we have has straps so you can wear it like a backpack.

CrankyJay

Banned
I've heard horror stories of strollers getting beat to hell during the baggage process, though. I've never had that problem personally, but just a heads up.

Oh, get a travel bag for your car seat, the one we have has straps so you can wear it like a backpack.

Same...was thinking of actually detaching the front wheel so the swivel doesn't get all fucked up.

Also, to add fuel to the fire of the BOB vs. City Mini debate.

We were in Washington DC for the weekend and used my wife's sister's City Mini. It was really nice and folded down crazy small, but in the end I still prefer the BOB, even though it's a hulking behemoth. That thing is so much smoother.

You have a baby carrier? Like a Baby Bjorn or something similar? Being in one of those was insta-sleep for all my kids. Then with the baby strapped on, I go about doing the chores around the house or even play a game (standing up, heh).
I can second this. I used a wrap for my son and I was able to get a ton done. My son wanted to constantly be on the move so the wrap was really handy. My only regret is not learning the back one. The name of it was the Mobi Wrap.

Jeff-DSA

Well, my 3-month old boy has had a nasty cough and runny nose since around Thursday. He hasn't had a fever, so we haven't taken him into the doctor, but man, it's stressful. Our 3-year old had the same thing, but he's mostly over it. We're hoping that the baby is just a day or two behind him in getting better. Right now nobody is sleeping, because he's crying if we lay him down.

Tough nights.

CrankyJay

Banned
Well, my 3-month old boy has had a nasty cough and runny nose since around Thursday. He hasn't had a fever, so we haven't taken him into the doctor, but man, it's stressful. Our 3-year old had the same thing, but he's mostly over it. We're hoping that the baby is just a day or two behind him in getting better. Right now nobody is sleeping, because he's crying if we lay him down.

Tough nights.

Is there any way you can sleep him at an incline?

mrkgoo

The sleep program seems to be doing wonders. Our baby is now sleeping solidly through the night. Last two nights completely through.

The program encourages babies to learn how to fall asleep on their own and stop relying on parents to do so with rocking or nursing. A few tough nights, but it seems to work.

The best thing is it sets up a pattern so they don't get bad habits as they get older. It's remarkably easy too and makes total sense. Baby seems happier and mum gets more rest.

Ecrofirt

My wife is due with our second child in the next 2-3 weeks.

It's an exciting time. Also, an incredibly frustrating one, as I feel I'm woefully behind on things I need to accomplish.

The sleep program seems to be doing wonders. Our baby is now sleeping solidly through the night. Last two nights completely through.

The program encourages babies to learn how to fall asleep on their own and stop relying on parents to do so with rocking or nursing. A few tough nights, but it seems to work.

The best thing is it sets up a pattern so they don't get bad habits as they get older. It's remarkably easy too and makes total sense. Baby seems happier and mum gets more rest.

what program are you using?

Jeff-DSA

Is there any way you can sleep him at an incline?

My wife has been holding him upright, and it helps, but it's not ideal for getting any sleep yourself. We're hoping that it's just one or two more nights.

With our 3-year old, he was coughing so hard he'd throw up, but he didn't have an upset stomach or anything, it was just that bad of a cough. So I slept on the couch for 4 nights with him and kept a bucket nearby. Our baby has coughed hard enough to throw up a couple of times too, so it seems to be the same cough/cold. Thank goodness there's no fever, but man, it's hard to watch the little guys go through it.

My daughter had a fever last week two days before we were going to leave to visit family in Washington DC. My wife's sister and her husband have a 2-month old baby, so we were going to eat the cost of the tickets and stay home if needed. Took Addie to the doctor on Wednesday, they couldn't do much other than wish us good luck and tell us possibilities of what she had.

Fever was gone on Thursday morning, so we got on the red eye that night and she was great. Turned out she had Roseola, as the rash (which indicates they're no longer contagious) showed up on Friday and was gone by Sunday. Ended up taking her to the Presidential inauguration yesterday before heading to the airport.

CrankyJay

Banned
My wife has been holding him upright, and it helps, but it's not ideal for getting any sleep yourself. We're hoping that it's just one or two more nights.

With our 3-year old, he was coughing so hard he'd throw up, but he didn't have an upset stomach or anything, it was just that bad of a cough. So I slept on the couch for 4 nights with him and kept a bucket nearby. Our baby has coughed hard enough to throw up a couple of times too, so it seems to be the same cough/cold. Thank goodness there's no fever, but man, it's hard to watch the little guys go through it.

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Not looking forward to this when my daughter gets sick.

My daughter had her first plane trip at 6 months. We took the red-eye from Seattle to Minneapolis, and then on to Omaha and it worked out perfectly. She's flown twice since then (she'll be a year in a couple weeks) and both times she's done really well.

CrankyJay

Banned
My 3-year old flew at 6 months and he did great. He slept most of the time, and while he was awake he was pretty content to play with a few little toys.

That's my hopes. My baby is pretty easy going unless she gets hungry. She's not too fussy of a baby so far.

When Addie was little, my wife would try to breast feed her during takeoff and landing. Always made things better.

My 3-year old flew at 6 months and he did great. He slept most of the time, and while he was awake he was pretty content to play with a few little toys.

We downloaded a bunch of iPad apps, which helped greatly on the flight home last night. My wife and I figured she might think they were fun for a few minutes, but she played happily for 90 minutes..

mrkgoo

what program are you using?
It's called sleep sense program.

I detailed a page or two back. It's nothing magical and makes total sense - I don't normally prescribe to magic bullets, but the ideas in this a re more common sense than anything else.

They just set up a sleep routine to let baby know when sleep time is, but lays a few ground rules to ensure baby is sleeping on their own and not using you as assistance. The main rule is not to actually rock or nurse to sleep but ensure they are awake at time you put them in the cot.

Author is a sleep consultant.

As for travel, will be flying to Taiwan on a 14 hour flight (broken up into two). Have no idea how it will go.

Our 3 year old holding the newborn.

So far the little guy has been wonderful. Barely cries at all though I'm sure that will change at some point!

Big brother has been relatively good and I've tried to spend a lot of time with him as well so he doesn't feel left out.

loganandphoenix.jpg

mrkgoo

Is this like the let them cry themselves to sleep for a night or two (hopefully) plan?
Yeah more or less.

The key concepts are:

-Depending on the age, Baby WANTS to sleep. They only wake at night and cry for attention to rock or nurse because that is the only way they know how to get back to sleep. (The exception is when they are a young baby that actually needs to feed and are hungry).

-babies will cry, it doesn't hurt them (in my opinion so long as they haven't entered that super-stressed cry - you should learn the tones and pitch of your child to determine what is just annoyance cry and what is actually something more serious).

So the program encourages babies to not fear sleep time. Like adults, they need a routine before bed so they can see sleep time approaching and prepare themselves mentally. Also by making sure they actually fall asleep themselves in their cot, they hopefully learn to not fear it. Never have them actually fall asleep while nursing or rocking.

The program essentially has you set up a routine and for the first three nights there will be some crying and you just make your presence known while they fall asleep in their cot. The first three nights are toughest and most important to stick 100% to the routine. You can sooth them, pick them up if ultimately necessary, but try to reduce your rocking and nursing, especially to sleep. Over the course later you reduce your presence.

So yeah, it's really simple and makes sense. We were more or less doing something 80% similar anyway, but we learned the key point of not having them actually fall asleep during the nursing and rocking, which we still kinda do as part of the routine and soothing, just don't let baby use them to get to sleep.

The course actually has some other tips and stuff, and variations depending on the age of the child, but from what I gather I've listed the key concepts above.

Again I don't subscribe to magic bullets ever, I recommend taking the ideas and making them your own. Of course the program itself speaks of being strict at certain parts. I can't say for sure if anything we did in accordance to the guidelines was anything that worked, all we know is that we moved from baby crying in the cot as soon as we put her down a lot to my and sleeping more solidly.

It could simply be us as parents hardening up and being less worried ourselves.

Straightening out a bedtime routine that you stick to and keeping them awake to fall asleep on their own does make a whole lot of sense though - before we'd have a routine but it was very short and we didn't stick to it 100%. Baby now knows if we follow a particular activity with another one or two in that order, it will soon be cot time for sleep. She doesn't fight it as much as she used to. If at all.

For the record our baby is now 8 months. We've been trying the concepts for a couple weeks. Like I said, who knows, maybe she was simply ready to do all of this on her own, and it's all a coincidence. But I've heard of people just hoping things are just a phase and waiting for them to straighten out on their own and it never happening. *shrugs* can't hurt to try, right?

My wife have been doing something similar with our daughter months now. She has a nightly routine of dinner, play time in her room for a few minutes while I get the bath ready, bathtime and then bed. We always lay her down before she falls asleep, although sometimes she's out before we can get her down. It's worked like a charm and she sleeps througout the night.

Sleep regression can occur and is totally natural, so if it happens, don't feel like you've failed. It typically lasts for only a few days and then you're back on track.

That's my hopes. My baby is pretty easy going unless she gets hungry. She's not too fussy of a baby so far.
Just a quick tip, make sure during take off and landing you give the baby something to suck on, like a bottle or a pacifier. It will help with pressure changes on their ears. I flew with my son when he was 6 months old and it was easier than I thought it would be.

Rich!

Long post incoming. Sorry.

So, my daughter was born in October. Best day ever. She's beautiful. Yet, she was premature. Quite early - and only 4 pounds, about 2kg or so I think.

We were in the intensive care unit at the hospital for a couple of weeks until we were allowed home. Everything seemed well, and we had a visit from the health visitor who advised us to feed our daughter half the required amount of formula due to her size (my girlfriend cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons).

So we did so. A few weeks back, we had a social worker and the health visitor turn up, insisting we were mis-feeding her because of her severe lack of weight (way under the UK average). We were shocked and upset, and on their advice went to the hospital who booked us in for a week to investigate what was wrong with our daughter. After a week, they decided it may be a kidney/renal issue - so we got transferred to another hospital. They then, almost instantly, determined it was nothing to do with any health issues. We weren't feeding her right. We were still giving her half the required amount when she required far, far more.

We got discharged to her parents (as we weren't allowed to stay home alone without supervision), and monitored for two weeks. In that time, our daughter gained A LOT of weight. She's now 9 and a half pounds. She was 7 when she entered hospital.

Today we were called to a committee meeting in the council building, to determine whether the child was at risk or not. 17 peoples present, including me and my partner and our parents. Our social worker was very honest with his report, and stated that our child was thriving. Our health visitor disagreed.

Basic fact of the matter is, we were mis feeding our daughter. We did not intend to, but we neglected her. We both feel useless. We feel like we didn't get the support we needed - but the support was there. We just didn't utilize it.

The main issue is, I have anger problems. And due to this, in the past the police have been called out against me. I have never, ever laid a finger on any members of my family - and would never do so. But police have been called out before during heated arguments over the past ten years or so. This was used against me, and despite me and my girlfriend's protests, the authorities are convinced I am physically abusing her. I am not. The fact that my girlfriend has had 44 x-rays in three years went against us too - but she has genetic issues with her joints in her wrists. It has absolutely nothing to do with me! But still, they assumed I am an abusive partner. It's upsetting, and hurtful. I love my family, and although I get stressed - I would never harm anyone.

Anyway. The outcome is, we have three months. It's gone to child protection. If our daughter continues to thrive and the visits are satisfactory, we will be left alone. If not, we lose our daughter.

I feel we can do it. But I'm terrified. I've only ever tried my best. I just...gahhhhh

Takuhi

It's called sleep sense program.
As for travel, will be flying to Taiwan on a 14 hour flight (broken up into two). Have no idea how it will go.

Many international airlines have baby bassinets they can attach to the wall in the very front rows of the economy cabin. These are a lifesaver, the baby can sleep, you don't have to hold him or her all the time... The weight restrictions are pretty strict but at 6 months your baby is probably still small enough. I don't know if they fly to Taiwan, but we used Asiana Airlines because they have the best baby services: Happy Mom Service United has bassinets too, though.

We did a 14 hour flight at that age ourselves, and he was surprisingly good. Asiana pushes the family angle so there were a lot of people with babies around us (they put everyone who has one together) which was great because we didn't need to feel like we were disturbing the whole plane if he cried a bit. He was good, but too excited to sleep, so I ended up having to hold a blanket over him to shut off all outside stimuli for 20 minutes before he finally went down.

Definitely wait to feed your baby until take off and landing, so the baby will be drinking when their ears pop.

CrankyJay

Banned

So, my daughter was born in October. Best day ever. She's beautiful. Yet, she was premature. Quite early - and only 4 pounds, about 2kg or so I think.

We were in the intensive care unit at the hospital for a couple of weeks until we were allowed home. Everything seemed well, and we had a visit from the health visitor who advised us to feed our daughter half the required amount of formula due to her size (my girlfriend cannot breastfeed due to medical reasons).

So we did so. A few weeks back, we had a social worker and the health visitor turn up, insisting we were mis-feeding her because of her severe lack of weight (way under the UK average). We were shocked and upset, and on their advice went to the hospital who booked us in for a week to investigate what was wrong with our daughter. After a week, they decided it may be a kidney/renal issue - so we got transferred to another hospital. They then, almost instantly, determined it was nothing to do with any health issues. We weren't feeding her right. We were still giving her half the required amount when she required far, far more.

We got discharged to her parents (as we weren't allowed to stay home alone without supervision), and monitored for two weeks. In that time, our daughter gained A LOT of weight. She's now 9 and a half pounds. She was 7 when she entered hospital.

Today we were called to a committee meeting in the council building, to determine whether the child was at risk or not. 17 peoples present, including me and my partner and our parents. Our social worker was very honest with his report, and stated that our child was thriving. Our health visitor disagreed.

Basic fact of the matter is, we were mis feeding our daughter. We did not intend to, but we neglected her. We both feel useless. We feel like we didn't get the support we needed - but the support was there. We just didn't utilize it.

The main issue is, I have anger problems. And due to this, in the past the police have been called out against me. I have never, ever laid a finger on any members of my family - and would never do so. But police have been called out before during heated arguments over the past ten years or so. This was used against me, and despite me and my girlfriend's protests, the authorities are convinced I am physically abusing her. I am not. The fact that my girlfriend has had 44 x-rays in three years went against us too - but she has genetic issues with her joints in her wrists. It has absolutely nothing to do with me! But still, they assumed I am an abusive partner. It's upsetting, and hurtful. I love my family, and although I get stressed - I would never harm anyone.

Anyway. The outcome is, we have three months. It's gone to child protection. If our daughter continues to thrive and the visits are satisfactory, we will be left alone. If not, we lose our daughter.

I feel we can do it. But I'm terrified. I've only ever tried my best. I just...gahhhhh

Damn man, I feel for you. I would be angry as hell if someone tried to take my baby away from me. You sound like a first-time parent, and you were going on the advice that was given to you. You couldn't have known you were under feeding.

I know it sucks, but just play by their rules until this is over.

bjb

Banned

You need to get help for your issues. Having a lack of self control in regards to your anger will not make you a responsible parent. In fact, if authorities are having to intervene - I dare say it's pretty dangerous for you and your new family.

Look at it from their perspective. Underweight baby, girlfriend with ongoing medical issues, and a father who's prone to (potentially violent) outbursts. Big red flag. I hope you realize most of this. I mean, if the police have been called out more than once because you're unable to tone down your rage - it's time you take charge of your life and stop acting so immature.

I wish you guys the best. Hopefully everything works out.

daw840

Huh! I didn't know this thread existed!

I've had many sleepless nights over the last 9 months or so!

My daughter in the last week learned how to crawl, then last night she pulled up for the first time by herself! THEN this morning she pulled up in her crib and promptly crashed to the floor. Ugh...

She's alright, I lowered the mattress in the crib so that can't happen again though, kind of terrifying really.

mrkgoo

That's rough, man. But as crankyjay put it, you have to go with the flow until things settle down.

Many international airlines have baby bassinets they can attach to the wall in the very front rows of the economy cabin. These are a lifesaver, the baby can sleep, you don't have to hold him or her all the time... The weight restrictions are pretty strict but at 6 months your baby is probably still small enough. I don't know if they fly to Taiwan, but we used Asiana Airlines because they have the best baby services: Happy Mom Service United has bassinets too, though.

We did a 14 hour flight at that age ourselves, and he was surprisingly good. Asiana pushes the family angle so there were a lot of people with babies around us (they put everyone who has one together) which was great because we didn't need to feel like we were disturbing the whole plane if he cried a bit. He was good, but too excited to sleep, so I ended up having to hold a blanket over him to shut off all outside stimuli for 20 minutes before he finally went down.

Definitely wait to feed your baby until take off and landing, so the baby will be drinking when their ears pop.

Good advice! I'll heed it.

I never worried about babies on flights before (yay noise isolation!). I'm not looking forward to being "those guys" on the flight, but well, no-one ever understands being a parent, except parents themselves, and they all generally understand. Can't please everyone, and I always board a plane under the assumption at least one baby will be on board.

Damn man, I feel for you. I would be angry as hell if someone tried to take my baby away from me. You sound like a first-time parent, and you were going on the advice that was given to you. You couldn't have known you were under feeding.

I know it sucks, but just play by their rules until this is over.

Truth. And get some help for your anger issues.

Regarding flying with babies, we always found it best to actually get the kids their own seats, was just easier. It hurt a bit paying for it but we never regretted it once we were on the flight. Also, practice changing your babies diaper in the trunk of the car, it'll give you a good approximation of changing diapers in an airplane bathroom.

That built in bassinett is awesome though.

yuna55

Good luck with the flight!

Found a pic of the bassinets...

m6MeBEv.jpg
[/URL]

GO TO SLEEP DAMN YOU!

OMG the ducky sleeper THE DUCKY SLEEPER! I don't know why, but this was our absolute favorite outfit on our little one, and we ended up getting one in every size. lol completely insane, I know, but she looks adorable in it. Cute kiddo!

On topic:

Our little one is 7 months now! It felt like yesterday she was tiny. She's still pretty little - 80% for height, 20% for weight, but eating great and sleeping like a champ.

Does anyone else make their own baby food? She's had 3 or 4 of the organic pouches of sweet potato, but everything else has been homemade. The pediatrician wants us to start meats now, so we baked chicken breasts and blended them. (YUM lol) She was a little grossed out, as were we, but she still ate it mixed with squash. We've been doing acorn squash, butternut squash, pumpkin, apple, banana, some carrot, avocado, pears, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, a little bit of green beans... I bought some carrots, green beans, asparagus, and parsnips, so I'm going to make those for her this weekend.

Anything your kiddos preferred? I've heard turkey was a big favorite.

ALSO - car seats. We want to have her rear-facing for 2 years, but I'm getting sick of the infant car seat. Anyone have postive/negative experience with any of the many, many makes/models of convertible car seats? Anything I should keep an eye out for, good or bad? We have a small SUV and a WRX we'll be buying seats for, so size could be a factor.

I feel a little helpless with my son. Owen's developed a very nasty cough(coughing so hard he chokes) and I can hear when he breathes that his chest is all congested. He's on breathing treatment right now with some antibiotics and also has a severe right ear infection as well. Poor guy. I just want him to feel better :(

mrkgoo

OMG the ducky sleeper THE DUCKY SLEEPER! I don't know why, but this was our absolute favorite outfit on our little one, and we ended up getting one in every size. lol completely insane, I know, but she looks adorable in it. Cute kiddo!

On topic:

Our little one is 7 months now! It felt like yesterday she was tiny. She's still pretty little - 80% for height, 20% for weight, but eating great and sleeping like a champ.

Does anyone else make their own baby food? She's had 3 or 4 of the organic pouches of sweet potato, but everything else has been homemade. The pediatrician wants us to start meats now, so we baked chicken breasts and blended them. (YUM lol) She was a little grossed out, as were we, but she still ate it mixed with squash. We've been doing acorn squash, butternut squash, pumpkin, apple, banana, some carrot, avocado, pears, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, a little bit of green beans... I bought some carrots, green beans, asparagus, and parsnips, so I'm going to make those for her this weekend.

Anything your kiddos preferred? I've heard turkey was a big favorite.

ALSO - car seats. We want to have her rear-facing for 2 years, but I'm getting sick of the infant car seat. Anyone have postive/negative experience with any of the many, many makes/models of convertible car seats? Anything I should keep an eye out for, good or bad? We have a small SUV and a WRX we'll be buying seats for, so size could be a factor.
Heh, solids.

We are making most of our own. Mostly vegetables and rice, but occasionally done fruit. We get some premise jar fruit to supplement, but we want to keep that regulated.

She eats most stuff and has a preference for green veges. She doesn't seem to like corn and capsicum (bell peppers).

We haven't started meats yet. My wife is vegetarian so it's not like we carry meat all that much, but u think starting with blended chicken breast seems like a good idea.

CrankyJay

Banned
serious questions new dads and dads - how is your sexlife going?

What sexlife? =(

We tried once after 8 weeks and it hurt her, as expected. I also got a little freaked out because she's not back on birth control yet (we used a condom), and getting a period is no sure thing for a long while after giving birth.

Couple that with both of us back at work full time...by the time I pick up the baby at Grandma's and cook dinner for the family, feed the baby, entertain baby, bathe baby, put baby to bed, clean the kitchen, prepare lunch for the next day, etc....both of us are just too wiped to do anything about it.

And my wife is currently working 6 days a week due to tax season, so unless we want to have sex on Sundays, it's probably not going to happen...

belvedere

Junior Butler

In many ways, better. We're so busy that throughout the week isn't even an option. But now we make time for at least one amazing session a week with no time limit, and if we can fit more in, we do. Before it was more frequent, but now we make it a point to have time for it, and considering how little time we have, its more of a treat.

Heh, solids.

We are making most of our own. Mostly vegetables and rice, but occasionally done fruit. We get some premise jar fruit to supplement, but we want to keep that regulated.

She eats most stuff and has a preference for green veges. She doesn't seem to like corn and capsicum (bell peppers).

We haven't started meats yet. My wife is vegetarian so it's not like we carry meat all that much, but u think starting with blended chicken breast seems like a good idea.

Interesting... Haven't done much with green veggies because I thought they wouldn't be quite sweet enough. She kind of has mom's sweet tooth :p I limit her fruits a bit because she'll turn her nose up at veggies or oatmeal sometimes. I have to mix her sweet with savory. Will definitely try green veggies this weekend. Haven't done anything with rice yet, not even the standard first food - rice cereal. So far she's doing great on chicken but makes some hilarious faces. Planning on cooking a turkey soon, for mom and dad to benefit too. Rice would be a good complement to the meat.

Edit: this was lennedsay btw. Posting from my husband's nexus7, forgot to log into my own account. :p whoops

Menelaus

Banned
Wife is 1cm dilated and 75% effaced. Kiddo is already in station +1, so when he decides he's ready, he's going to just fall out! Guessing it'll happen next week at this rate (his due date is the 13th).

goil

Neo Member
So the wife is complaining about the baby "dropping" in the last few days. We're still 30 days out from the due date, and she says that he feels like he's going to fall out at any moment. Just curious at what stage your wives/gfs felt like this, if at all.

Wife is 1cm dilated and 75% effaced. Kiddo is already in station +1, so when he decides he's ready, he's going to just fall out! Guessing it'll happen next week at this rate (his due date is the 13th).

My sister is due between the 5th and the 13th and has been saying it feels like the baby could fall out for about a week now. Seems like they're both about on schedule then. I was kinda worried. Birthing babies is gross.

aceface

I'm on week 4 of the mandatory 6 week waiting period. My balls are like fucking watermelons!

So, to add some seriousness to this otherwise lighthearted post about my lack of sex, we took the baby to the doctor yesterday and the good news is she's gaining weight like a champ. She's put on a little more than an pound in 4 weeks and is almost 10 pounds. She's at the 85th percentile for weight. My wife is a breastfeeding champ!

The not so good news was that a) there's some clicking in her hip and b) she has a heart murmur. So, we got referrals and will be seeing orthopedics and the cardiologist in the next few weeks. I felt like I was punched in the gut when they told me. Reading up on the heart murmur it seems like that it leads to no problems the vast majority of the time but in rare cases can require heart surgery. So, I'm trying to be optimistic and not think about the possibility of it being something bad.

mrkgoo

Interesting... Haven't done much with green veggies because I thought they wouldn't be quite sweet enough. She kind of has mom's sweet tooth :p I limit her fruits a bit because she'll turn her nose up at veggies or oatmeal sometimes. I have to mix her sweet with savory. Will definitely try green veggies this weekend. Haven't done anything with rice yet, not even the standard first food - rice cereal. So far she's doing great on chicken but makes some hilarious faces. Planning on cooking a turkey soon, for mom and dad to benefit too. Rice would be a good complement to the meat.

Edit: this was lennedsay btw. Posting from my husband's nexus7, forgot to log into my own account. :p whoops

We try to limit fruit as well, but she's gained quite the liking for some sweetness at the end of her feeds. We feel she is full and shuts up shop, but when we bring out some fruit she's all excited again.

Hopefully she stays as adventurous to try random foods as use grows.

But yeah, she loves green veges. Spinach, zucchini, etc.

Any sleep-training tips? Our little one is coming up on seven months, we've got her transitioned into the crib in her own room and she goes down easily enough but she's up several times a night on a fairly predictable schedule. What I wouldn't give for her to be sleeping through the night!

DarkFlow

Banned
Any sleep-training tips? Our little one is coming up on seven months, we've got her transitioned into the crib in her own room and she goes down easily enough but she's up several times a night on a fairly predictable schedule. What I wouldn't give for her to be sleeping through the night!
Do you swadle still? Our 8 month old wont sleep long unless he's wrapped tight.

Top Bottom