• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Car Game's official name is WRECKFEST

-SD-

Banned
http://nextcargame.com/build-6-live-official-name-revealed-multiplayer-introduced/

http://wreckfestgame.com

Multiplayer info:
Bugbear said:
The name reveal is certainly not all, for Wreckfest has also evolved to include 18 player multiplayer! The players can now challenge their friends to share the most visceral demolition racing mayhem in existence! With four different game modes, Racing, Demolition Derby, and the new Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, Wreckfest’s conjunction of purity of driving and the innate beauty of twisted metal creates massive amounts of emergent glee when punishing your friends and foes alike.
We’re pushing the limits to get the number of simultaneous players to 24, but optimizing the network code will take a bit longer. Because the code is not yet optimized, remember that the speed of your ISP has a tremendous impact on how the races will run. Check the Recommended Upstream figure when you host a game, and you’ll be fine.

If you’re experiencing difficulties when joining or hosting a game, you may need to adjust your network port forwarding: 27015 UDP and TCP for Steam, and our game uses 33540 UDP. If problems persist, check our community forum’s thread about the subject.

Click on GIFs for sources:

There are also 8 new screens:

fullhd_133.jpg

fullhd_164.jpg

This popped up in my Steam queue yesterday, any GAF impressions?

The destruction is absolutely incredible, the car handling feels like Flatout to me -- but I only played a few hours of Flatout and so far only a few of NCG/Wreckfest so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's probably good that they have an actual name and all, but I'm pretty disappointed "Next Car Game" isn't going to be the final name if they chose something that's effectively as dumb.

It's probably good that they have an actual name and all, but I'm pretty disappointed "Next Car Game" isn't going to be the final name if they chose something that's effectively as dumb.

But they're different kinds of dumb.
Full title should be Wreckfest: formerly known as Next Car Game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
But they're different kinds of dumb.
Full title should be Wreckfest: formerly known as Next Car Game.

They are, Wreckfest is just the kind of dumb that might attract people who don't realize how dumb it is. Mostly I'm sad that we'll never have the moment of anticipation before they try to reveal the title for a sequel to Next Car Game.

SerTapTap

I can't decide if I think it's an awesome or an awful title.

Maybe it's both.
Same. I initially thought it was awful, but I guess it does focus on the cool destruction. But I mean. Wreckfest. Sounds like a ridiculous accent saying breakfast.

syko de4d

Videos of that game always looked very good to me but there is still no online multiplayer in EA, or?

Thats is was stopped me from buying it because i want to know if all this physic destruction stuff works out fine online.

edit: oh should have read the text about multiplayer at the start :p

Still need some impressions of the online part.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Videos of that game always looked very good to me but there is still no online multiplayer in EA, or?

Thats is was stopped me from buying it because i want to know if all this physic destruction stuff works out fine online.

They just added online multiplayer in this patch yesterday. Haven't tried it yet.

Same. I initially thought it was awful, but I guess it does focus on the cool destruction. But I mean. Wreckfest. Sounds like a ridiculous accent saying breakfast.

Or like a special kind of thing you can order at a place that serves breakfast that gives you a lot of food.

BPoole

Should have gone with: #Rektfest

Grid 2 and Driveclub have no shame incorporating hashtags into their titles.

syko de4d

They just added online multiplayer in this patch yesterday. Haven't tried it yet.

yeahe, i was stupid. Didnt read the text and missing that MP is in xD. But sounds like there is still some problems with it.

I wish EA games would have a refund option. So you can buy, download and can get refund (in steam store credit) in the first 24hours after you started the game for the first time. If you buy it a second time there should be no refund option.

KeRaSh

I want this game to kick ass financially. I'd buy it for my PC but I fear that it's not able to run it properly. Destruction Derby was utterly fantastic and this looks even better.

God I hope this comes to PS4 when they finally finish. I don't have the PC to run it but it looks like the greatest thing ever. Plus--Sharing?? I would wear out the button.

SummitAve

Banned
18 player demolition derby sounds awesome, 24 is just crazy. I want a sick figure eight track with that many people.

Saganator

I got in on Early Access a couple months ago and had a blast. Had a surprising amount of fun with the replays. You can re-watch every race/demolition derby, slow or speed it up, and any camera angle you want. Psyched to try MP.

edit: There is a figure 8 track in the game.

Kellogg's Wreckfest cereal. Flakes of wheat and corn shaped like wrecked cars.

Eat them and you'll feel like a car; full of gas and run like one too! After that, you'll take a giant car dump!

GET WRRRRRRRRRRECKED!

Chabbles

Really hope this hits console, loved DD back in the day and this game looks really fooking good. Large multiplayer, last man standing bowl matches is what i want.

Decent name.

Had the game since early access was available and enjoy it a lot.

Just feel it actually needs the (original Psygnosis DD) mode where you earn points for collision moves. At the moment it feels like an above average racer with great (but not necessary) destruction. (Unless this mode is in there and I haven't kept up to date)

Top Bottom