• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koopatrol

Wait, you know stuff now too?

... Lemme just slide into your DMs right quick

e6QtEMg.gif

Two hours and several drinks later

When I asked about the performance of both consoles his response was "Both have the same target we will see if either of them hit that target. " I pushed further and asked what the target was and his response was simply."Above 12" That is not for the XseX or the PS5,from what I can gather internally both machines are targeting very high performance which lines up with hearing earlier that the machines would both be $499 with both companies Taking a loss.

Notes
The gdk they are working with is not the final kit for either machine and XseX is currently ahead in terms of sheer power. Sonys tool set is much more complete and refined.
The trailer is all actual game play. Not in engine but game play.
Every developer or engineer I have ever met day drinks.

So, still not a close to final target specs?

Chromata

Didn't they say more info is coming at around the same time frame as last gen? So that would mean that we should hear info at least within the next month, probably sooner.

Guess they canceled because if fears around COVID-19.
Better safe than sorry I guess

🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️

This is ridiculous. Isn't PAX an American event? Can't they just quarantine anyone coming in through flights from China? Isn't the government already doing this (I would hope so)?

At this rate they might as well cancel showing up at GDC because of this. In fact, skip all other events until launch, just to be safe. And even if Coronavirus gets locked down, you still gotta worry about the flu. People can die from the flu, too. So let's skip any events until flu season is absolutely 1000000% over.

You'd think PAX East would shut down themselves if Coronavirus was that big a threat, so I'm kinda gonna call this a BS excuse from Sony. Just calling it as I see it, I wanna know the real reason.

..but hey, at least we broke 1000. Cheers to that!

GuruVerso

Neo Member
The three companies I directly talk to all have trailers cut. I did get an actual sit down with someone but cannot post about it until after their reveal. I have actual game play to post (of me playing) and to be completely transparent I am contacting a few major gaming sites to see if I can get the article and video posted professionally.

As far as the date for the reveal "Soony".

Prepare to have your jaw dropped.

Edited to add: I am looking to have the article published to avoid the "Insider" conversation. I believe if its on a respected site and not just a forum people will finally just read the information without all the speculation or trepidation. Bars.
Hey Osiris, i work for a big website here in Brazil. We often deal with some leaks and i would be honored to talk with you about your publishing content. There's any way we could talk in private?

DaMonsta

I doubt corona has anything to do with the timing of the reveals.

Both will reveal when they are ready.

People begging for info and making up their own scenarios at this point.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

You know what, FUCK IT!!! I'm going to sleep anyway, it's 12:23am here already

giphy.gif
12,23tf incoming.
Newest leak is that him and another one are fucking traitors lol they had known the spec for sometime now 👀😂
I apreciate the fact that they kept the confidentiality to protect a person.
How do you figure? Or is this a joke that's going over my head?

If Tom is serious then even the game journalists are getting fed up.
Looks like a 10 or a 9 upside down.

Banned
If this was a PS5 launch line up 🥵🥵🥵
o23AyDG.jpg

yeah and look how they somehow make it 30fps with bad framepacing again lol. FromSoftware is S++ tier in terms of gamedesign, but a solid C- in technology. I love how minimal the pop-in in Dark SOuls 3 and Bloodborne is but those performance metrics on console man...

Lort

Banned
I mean any tweet that still uses M$ is 100% bullshit

His basically saying “ I’ve tried to make up some bullshit about ps5 being more powerful but couldn’t think of anything believable, also of note Sony has reasons to not be talking up its console .. reasons that i cant think of ....also I am a crazy playstation fan and they aren't telling me anything”

Bo_Hazem

Banned
His basically saying “ I’ve tried to make up some bullshit about ps5 being more powerful but couldn’t think of anything believable, also of note Sony has reasons to not be talking up its console .. reasons that i cant think of ....also I am a crazy playstation fan and they aren't telling me anything”

He said he's true first gen gamer, so he's a veteran :messenger_tears_of_joy: But what gen is Atari? Started playing that when I was around 3 in 1988.

LucidFlux

I would say don't throw your money on a dying tech, OLED. It hit it's peak at 600-nits and Panasonic managed to hit 1000-nits (HDR standard) with a whaky cooling tech that we're not sure if it's sustainable as it's just shown on CES 2020. 2020 TCL 8-Series (8K) and 6-Series (4K) will have 100% HDMI 2.1 support for gaming. Sony will have only one model that's mid-range will support all HDMI 2.1 features as leakers/insiders say, and that's XH90 (X900H), 4K. Samsung doesn't support Dolby Vision but the open-source HDR10+, and both probably gonna do that.

We should open a thread about what TV to pick when all consoles are revealed, I guess.

All current tech is "dying" and will most likely be replaced with a form of microLED in a few years. If you're buying now it's best to do the same thing as always, which is to do your research and buy the best you can within your budget that fits your needs. One of those factors in your decision is how much light is entering the room your tv is in. Both rooms I have an OLED in are light controlled, so brightness was never an issue. I've actually lowered the brightness for SDR content to reduce eye strain. If you're putting a TV outside or if you have large windows and sunlight hits your TV then you may need to go for a 2k nit LED (although I'd advise investing in some black out curtains or something). BTW OLED is actually hitting closer to 800 nits now (Even my aging C7 hits over 700 peak in certain scenes). While it's a far cry away from the 2,4 and 10k nits that more and more content will continue to be mastered in, it's the nearly 180 deg viewing angle, perfect blacks, and lack of light bleed/bloom that swayed me to purchasing mine a few years ago. I hate watching the rest of the TV's in my house now because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom