• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMA

Last warning for console wars
You do not understand it. It's not about Sony, it's about your demeanor and your provocative posts here. Almost every post is filled with it. There is a difference between criticism, guesswork and claims / provocations related to it. It really doesn't have to be here.
I’m sorry that every post on a forum doesn’t fit your narrative.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Sony don’t have a monopoly on talent when it comes to games. Nobody does. Remember that talent has nothing to do with the console you are on or the performance of a console. If that was the case, Nintendo wouldn’t exist, and certainly wouldn’t have a far higher output of good first party titles than both consoles put together.

Also, while yes Sony do have an exceptionally high quality barrier, their games are still hit and miss with some. Hence why they get the third person story game meme. I don’t see it myself, not with games like Astrobot. But let’s not forget that MS have essentially got a lot of the main people on board for The Initiative from these companies that are so widely acclaimed. That’s the one I’m most excited to see what they are doing with.

I get it though, MS’s first party output this gen wasn’t just lacking, it was awful. Recore could have been amazing but didn’t have the budget or skill. Crackdown was actually a good game but was nothing that couldn’t be done on 360 (even worse after the cloud shit). Gears 4 was lacklustre but gears 5 was a great effort. And Forza Motorsport isn’t my thing so I can’t say, but forza horizon? 3 and 4 are easily two of the best games of the entire generation, but pointless if you don’t like racing games.

The biggest kick in the balls for MS is that they are quite honestly sitting on a GOLD MINE. Past ips they own are insane we haven’t got a new ones. Battletoads looks shit, banjo has been left to rot, perfect dark may come back (rumour), as may Fable, Kameo? Crimson Skies? Conker? Jade Empire? Blinx, Brute Force, Grabbed by the fuckin! Ghoulies even?!

They sit on all these ips are are doing bugger all with them... that much baffles my mind completely. Like how many years have people been crying out for a Banjo!!!

Didn't say Sony has all the talents, but Sony gives chances, patient. Microsoft share the same mindset of EA, both can make great games if they only use a little patience and trust and try to push for new boundaries.

geordiemp

So you’re telling me that you believe Sony isn’t playing the Coronavirus wildcard in their favor right now?

It’s not a pretty picture nor a classy move, but don’t shoot the messenger. If you find it to be as tasteless as it appears, you should complain to Playstation.

Jesus, are you timdog alt account, every post is hammering down on 8-9TF Ps5 trolling night and day.

Sad, you got anything positive to say, tell us about your Xbox.

Last edited:
I would love for both consoles to not have any RT crap. But it looks like it is impossible.
It will cost you a lot in the PR war. And just adding some tiny changes to TX fixed path doesn't look that bad.
If I can disable it for the sake of performance, I will take that option every time. I hope that it's an optional system setting on both consoles. It shouldn't be that complicated since people can already have that option on a PC.

I suppose that we will find out soon enough.

R600

Banned
imagine PS5 not being 36 cu at 9 TF . i think you typed about PS5 being that 40% of you past 2 years haha. imagine all of that time going to waste. cant wait for reveal in march
Imagine not getting 13TF while making fun of guys who like different product for years?

How will it feel? Anyone can go through my posts here, I havent posted anywhere thats not concerning next gen tech. I am a guy who really dont care too much about A vs B, you on the other hand, you are an orthodox fanboy.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Imagine not getting 13TF while making fun of guys who like different product for years?

How will it feel? Anyone can go through my posts here, I havent posted anywhere thats not concerning next gen tech. I am a guy who really dont care too much about A vs B, you on the other hand, you are an orthodox fanboy.
For somebody that doesn’t care about you are very invested... I will say addictive even.

Last edited:

LED Guy?

Banned
True leaks are always true at a certain time and circumstances.

Today, 9.2TF, is the only thing that PS5 does not have.

Now is at puberty.
Well, this is what we can extrapolate from your post 😂😂😂

uEG9pBS.png

Last edited:

R600

Banned
For somebody that don’t care about you are very invested... I will say addictive even.
No, I dont care about Xbox vs Playstation in general. You cannot find single post from me that is not concerning next gen tech.

You, your buddies and alot of people here are generally orthodox fanboys of one company/product and that is reflected in every thread you post.

You are free to look for single post of mine that is not related to next gen tech and I think you wont find it, let alone standard fanboy drivel you guys post all around GAF.

ethomaz

Banned
No, I dont care about Xbox vs Playstation in general. You cannot find single post from me that is not concerning next gen tech.

You, your buddies and alot of people here are generally orthodox fanboys of one company/product and that is reflected in every thread you post.

You are free to look for single post of mine that is not related to next gen tech and I think you wont find it, let alone standard fanboy drivel you guys post all around GAF.
Says the one that are ready fast enough to try discredit any opinion that doesn’t fit the agenda lol

geordiemp

Believe an “insider” info over actual leaks? Insiders are not giving “facts”.

He is a devloper of VR games it seems, and probably knows what he is talking about rather than forum warriors interpreting the Github data wrongly or out of context.

There probably was a test using 36 CU on Ps5 early silicon for BC, at different frequencies, BUT how many CU were turned off is the question ? None, 12, 22, 26 ?

geordiemp

So, your not invested, yet spend hours at the keyboard ina console next gen speculation thread, did someone chain you to your keyboard and disable everything except this thread.

Whatever man, keep trolling.

R600

Banned
Says the one that are ready fast enough to try discredit any opinion that doesn’t fit the agenda lol
Again, you and your buddies are literally orthodox fanboys.

Every post you post in every thread is filled with bias towards certain company. On the other hand I excuslively post on NG thread and I comment on actual tech 99% of time.

When consoles are revealed in full, I will probably not even post here because I am not interested in fanboy drivel while you guys will be fighting for your company for years here.

Just look at reply I receive after I posted meme reply on meme itself. Literally cannot take a joke if its directed to your fanbase, its concerning actually.

Last edited:

IkarugaDE

I’m sorry that every post on a forum doesn’t fit your narrative.

I wrote that to you two days ago:

Didn't said you are wrong, but sometimes it's it's a matter of communication and how to get things across. You can't always assume that everyone reads and understands it as you thought it would.😁

And that's the last thing I'm going to say on the subject, since you obviously don't want to understand it.

THE:MILKMAN

I don't follow this thread close enough to remember quotes by names.
But RT performance is shit and will be shit for a while. Even on PC.

Here are two example quotes:

OsirisBlack said:
This generation it will be all about the games. I have no idea what has or has not changed but the last hard spec info I heard was that both were > 10 and X was 11.6 while the 5 was 12.4 (I am still standing on this hill)I was also told that the ray tracing on one was the same crap that was slapped onto the 1080ti (which I shared a long time ago) and that the performance of BOTH consoles was a bit better that of a 2080 super. Also for the millionth time they are supposedly so close in power that if you were to fart in a room while playing both systems the one you were closest to would have a slight frame rate advantage due to the excess gas helping absorb some of the heat. (I kid) Also I think that I just may get my Bloody Symphony, Thank you uncle Phil.

Kleegamefan said:
So imagine you are doing a slow flyby along a river under a medieval-looking stone bridge during the day and you are seeing:

1-Dynamic and totally accurate-looking water reflections

2-Life-like super bright HDR highlights

3-Secondary environment reflections highlighted on wet stone and realistic moss

4-Volumetric, low hanging fog which realistically distorts the ray traced reflections when viewed through it in certain instances

It blew my fucking socks off

Bo_Hazem

Banned

It would feel like getting God of War, at least. I surrender to the wraith of PS5.

LateSparklingCaimanlizard-size_restricted.gif

R600

Banned
So, your not invested, yet spend hours at the keyboard ina console next gen speculation thread, did someone chain you to your keyboard and disable everything except this thread.

Whatever man, keep trolling.
I am invested in next gen tech, really interested in it. Thats the point, once its revealed I will not be posting about Sony/MS revenue, meta scores, noise levels, TGA awards etc. because that is not something I am interested in.

Other guys, especially once quoting me, will defend their company of choice here for years to come. They are invested in companies because they are orthodox fanboys.

JAMMA

so everyone who knows and wants to hint at something has to be silenced so you can run your nonsense? lol no thanks
My nonsense? You’re literally talking about running with the nonsense of anonymous online losers that never were in any real position to receive actual information that would require an NDA.

You believe hearsay over actual AMD leaks. That’s not my fault.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Again, you and your buddies are literally orthodox fanboys.

Every post you post in every thread is filled with bias towards certain company. On the other hand I excuslively post on NG thread and I comment on actual tech 99% of time.

When consoles are revealed in full, I will probably not even post here because I am not interested in fanboy drivel while you guys will be fighting for your company for years here.

Just look at reply I receive after I posted meme reply on meme itself. Literally cannot take a joke if its directed to your fanbase, its concerning actually.
I’m biased and I will ever be like that.
I don’t pretend the opposite like you and after keep trying to shot these that don’t believe in what you believe lol

Jusr look at that thread how many times you spread false information to try to convince people what you believe is the only truth lol

After consoles get revealed you won’t post here anymore because there are high chances to all your posts to be fake.

Meme?

Last edited:
My nonsense? You’re literally talking about running with the nonsense of anonymous online losers that never were in any real position to receive actual information that would require an NDA.

You believe hearsay over actual AMD leaks. That’s not my fault.
nice so you call devs losers cause it messes up your agenda? github leaks at some point was true. it is not anymore. i know it doesn't get through but be prepared this month after reveal haha

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Didn't say Sony has all the talents, but Sony gives chances, patient. Microsoft share the same mindset of EA, both can make great games if they only use a little patience and trust and try to push for new boundaries.

I will agree there. MS have the chance to be just as top tier as Sony but they just keep missing the mark.

I do think that hopefully things may change next gen, BUT, Sony will also change, likely much better, so will it be enough? Time will tell!

JAMMA

Oh fuck. We've reached this level now. How low we go from here?
The point is that it’s all speculation. If you’re getting groundbreaking info from an insider you’re being trolled or *it was real* they’re screwing over an actual employee that will lose their job.

This applies to both PS & Xbox.

Last edited:

XinTniX

Neo Member
Actually if you take into account efficiency of RDNA then 12 tflops would be the same 8X jump that we saw PS4 receive when it came to GPU. Your calculation is not taking RDNA vs GCN efficiency into account. On the CPU it will be far greater upgrade as the CPU on PS3 was superior to that of the PS4.
I'm not taking this into account once from ps3 to ps4 we also had a huge gain of performance due a more modern architecture.

JAMMA

Pokemon strategy guide images get leaked, Nintendo goes legal.

New CoD image gets leaked & it’s punishable by death.

Random Forum member leaks specific groundbreaking news about next gen console information on GAF that could cost an entire corporate empire hundreds of millions: Must be teh truth factz

GitHub leaks got officially flagged for deletion for a reason. Yes, They were right about XSX.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Pokemon strategy guide images get leaked, Nintendo goes legal.

New CoD image gets leaked & it’s punishable by death.

Random Forum member leaks specific groundbreaking news about next gen console information that could cost a company hundreds of millions: Must be teh truth factz

So, I don't get your point. Are you saying that its impossible for anyone to leak console news?

LED Guy?

Banned
I actually believe the github. I can’t be faulted for believing in a REAL AMD leak vs psuedo insider posts.
YO this shit here is classic 😂😂😂

Your posts will be very funny when we look back at them, now with BGs BGs basically confirming the PS5 WAS a 9.2 TF console IN A CIRCUMSTANCE, now it changed to maybe 12 or maybe 13 TF, I really don't know how much at this point, but it is clear that the GitHub leak was correct and only correct in a certain circumstance and time, but you don't want it to happen, because you're an Xbox fanboy and want to take a photo with Phil Spencer and just talk in podcasts endlessly without playing games just like almost every insane Xbox fanboy out there.

I'm beginning to think that YOU ARE Tim Dog 😂😂😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom