• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

3liteDragon

onQ123

OMG the rumor of PS5 being in PYRAMID shape is seeming more and more true every passing day. lol

*illuminare semita

I heard it's going to be a Vibe Award

damon-dame-dash-vibe-awards-2003_1_34e0f1bf619f53bf1bf0a4bc900e994b.jpg

icerock

Looks like he has been called out.

Gotta love Schreier exposing these shills and warriors, it's so convenient on how all bad PS5 news is being paraded by the likes of Tom Warren, Brad Sams, Daniel Rubino, Jez Corden etc. Microsoft MVP program must pay out big.

Little Jason S. Takes a console warrior to know of another! :) (not you, jason s... he's a closeted fanboy who has said in the past he's not objective. he has an agenda)

Yeah he has an agenda, he wants to do PR for Sony right? What an amazing PR job he did by writing in detail about Sonys' premier studio in Naughty Dog and their crunch culture. That sure garnered them a lot of goodwill!

Holy mighty shit at those screenshots. DAMN

How long till someone starts a 'TLOUII has been downgraded' thread?

Last edited:

Disco_

I wonder what the next lot of games will be that get delayed. What's coming out this year? FFVIIR should be safe.
FF7R is safe cause it's been sitting in warehouses for weeks. TLOU2 is still not finished and with studios being closed, not sure how they can ship an unfinished game.

Weird. There's this thing called digital distribution. Well, PSN and all. Oof.
That's pretty sad.

Last edited:
I think the consoles are getting delayed. And quite frankly, you have much bigger problems to worry about if this thing continues to ravage nonstop without a break during the summer 6 months from now. The only thing government is doing right now is delaying this hoping by summer it starts to die down so we can recover and be better prepared to respond to it if it resurfaces. If it doesn't, we're potentially looking at a complete world collapse or rushed vaccines that have no been properly tested risking the population.

I don't think the summer will slow it. At this point I think we can assume this virus will stay with us until we either manage to reduce infections until we're able to identify every sick person and qurantine them or we'll find medications or vaccines for it.

Regardless any solution will need several months up to 2 years from now.

Interesting. New Nvidia laptop GPUs will share similarities with PS5 varying power/clockspeeds to speed up gaming performance:

geforce-rtx-super-laptops-max-q-dynamic-boost-850px.jpg

Historically, a laptop’s CPU and GPU have a fixed, predefined power budget, regardless of the type of content being run. Our Max-Q Dynamic Boost technology automatically enables real-time GPU and CPU power balancing, allowing the system to dynamically shift up to 15W of power from the CPU to the GPU during GPU-bound workloads, like gaming. It intelligently assesses the power demand of the system on a frame by frame basis, so the power shift only happens when it’s needed. The result is higher frame rates and smoother gaming overall for up to a 10% performance boost, all for free.

That sounds very very similar to PS5.

Now the people read WindowsCentral as impartial source of info .... really ? Oh my good just read the name of page.

Now say PS5 has problems in the SSD and for this reason the studios cannot optimize their code
but also are the same which think will be any problem to optimize the games for XSX even when
should works in the old HDD because you know magic works in that way.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thanks !

So is not a big big loss, right ?

I think the programmers is the most important team.
nope. designers are. programmers are just worker bees. designers make the levels, the boss fights, and everything that has to do with the final gameplay experience.

its a huge loss, but while this isnt a good look for ND, it doesnt look like its going to affect the game much. they are going to struggle to hire more senior devs like jason said, so maybe in the long run this might hurt the next few ND games, but Neil is still there and the other directors too so as long as their vision is being followed to the tee like kojima, this shouldnt be as big of a deal.

Would you seriously give it a fucking rest? Take your console warrior garbage and leave the thread if you can’t act like an adult bro.
Did you even read the post I was replying to?

Her for you again:
Great work man, but Its really sad that we need to do to do that in the first place. DF needs more competition because its quite clear that they have been biased for almost 8 years now.

Quite despicable act by them.

I don't think the summer will slow it. At this point I think we can assume this virus will stay with us until we either manage to reduce infections until we're able to identify every sick person and qurantine them or we'll find medications or vaccines for it.

Regardless any solution will need several months up to 2 years from now.

World will collapse by then. US probably doesn't even have anything in reserve from previous debts but regardless if they do, they can only sustain a shutdown for so long. Interest rates are 0%. The US dollar will be worth nothing soon. You could rush current vaccines and meds out but vaccines go through clinically trials for over 18 months for a reason. They're dangerous early on for mass population consumption. The last thing we need is fuel for more anti-vax people to say how dangerous vaccines are when they're actually the ones putting us at risk. If US collapses the entire world collapses. And quite frankly, the US is collapsing right now with an incompetent dick swinging leader where everything has to be ran on a state level with varying levels of success. Can't rely on the federal government and they lack universal healthcare which ironically, is helping the virus spread on top of US freedoms.

But anyways, consoles are definitely getting delayed. There's no way these things are releasing this year with millions infected and a high mortality rate. It would take a miracle to slow the spread at this point and that would have to be mutation where it dies out or it's seasonal.

Last edited:
For the DF video most of time was just say things they already said with almost in any new info but they end with the comment
the PS5 possible doesn't has VRS even when is a RDNA 2 and dev of Sony talk about why is good to use it with its
geometry engine I was like so why just ask to Cerny instead to do a full video:

Now DF be like with Microsoft

Interesting. New Nvidia laptop GPUs will share similarities with PS5 varying power/clockspeeds to speed up gaming performance:

geforce-rtx-super-laptops-max-q-dynamic-boost-850px.jpg

That sounds very very similar to PS5.
But in an laptop make more sense for the battery life but in a console, really only looks like they do for save money in things like
the PSU.

B_Boss

Now a somebody is saying they're hearing the same thing? Any devs here on GAF? Real devs? Anyone else heard such things?

Well it’s just the same post regurgitated again (and probably will be repeatedly for a while). I’m not sure I’d qualify that as “somebody said they heard the same” 😅. Heard/read the same post is one thing but hearing/reading a different, independent yet corroborated version of the initial post would be something else.

Dabaus

Banned
Saw this on NPC Era, thought it was worth a quote:

Soprano said:
Just a little notice. The concern and FUD you are seeing around PS5 news lately is being done on purpose. Some of it is planned in a certain discord.

This thread heading to the dumps is apart of it i presume. There's this sad attempt to make PS5 look like it's going to fail and experience another PS3 generation.

That is all. Bye.

Soprano said:
Just a little notice. The concern and FUD you are seeing around PS5 news lately is being done on purpose. Some of it is planned in a certain discord.

This thread heading to the dumps is apart of it i presume. There's this sad attempt to make PS5 look like it's going to fail and experience another PS3 generation.

That is all. Bye.

Uh, oh

BluRayHiDef

Banned
World will collapse by then. US probably doesn't even have anything in reserve from previous debts but regardless if they do, they can only sustain a shutdown for so long. Interest rates are 0%. The US dollar will be worth nothing soon. You could rush current vaccines and meds out but vaccines go through clinically trials for over 18 months for a reason. They're dangerous early on for mass population consumption. The last thing we need is fuel for more anti-vax people to say how dangerous vaccines are when they're actually the ones putting us at risk. If US collapses the entire world collapses. And quite frankly, the US is collapsing right now with an incompetent dick swinging leader where everything has to be ran on a state level with varying levels of success. Can't rely on the federal government and they lack universal healthcare which ironically, is helping the virus spread on top of US freedoms.

But anyways, consoles are definitely getting delayed. There's no way these things are releasing this year with millions infected and a high mortality rate. It would take a miracle to slow the spread at this point and that would have to be mutation where it dies out or it's seasonal.

When you say that the world will collapse, are you referring strictly to the economy or all facets of civilization (e.g. civility, obedience of the law, daily routines such as work and school, etc)? Do you think that law enforcement officers will stop being paid and that subsequently disobedience of the law will increase dramatically? Do you see societies then fragmenting into localities run by their occupants in a manner not sanctioned by governments but rather in an informal manner, with some perhaps even being controlled by gangs and crime families? Do you then see these localities warring with one another over resources? These are the happenings that I fear.

Soprano said:

That is all. Bye.
Wasn't Github said to be the work of that discord?

Then Github turned out to be mostly right?

Like what?

edit:
"Guys guys, these recent rumors are fake. They're from that one discord that got a lot of stuff right."

Like ayy lmao

Last edited:

MonkeyPunch

Neo Member

Soprano said:

That is all. Bye.
yep

V6BCLl7.png

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Soprano said:

That is all. Bye.
i am disappointed in Richard. this was supposed to be an interview with Cerny that was by design supposed to clear up, but ended up causing more confusion, more FUD and more concern trolling. He is going out of his way to refute stuff Cerny himself clarified to him by doing random benchmark tests with different parameter values. he goes and finds dev sources who directly contradict cerny and questions literally everything cerny says in that interview.

i expect this kind of stuff from MS insiders and losers who visit that discord, but richard should know better. i appreciate him not wanting to take Sony PR at their word but he never did this for the series X. and for good reason, we simply dont know how rdna2.0 cards perform. we dont know how they scale with clocks. we dont know how the sony power control thing works because its not even in the devkits yet. im fairly positive that dictator is part of that discord but Richard is a decent enough guy and needs to learn that this kind of concern trolling isnt going to do him any favors.

Soprano said:

That is all. Bye.

Ill give you a list.
Dukeblueballs
DrKeo
Colbert
c0de
Proven
Shepstal Ed
DocH1X1
Klobrille
Lukastaves
Dictator(Yes hes in that discord now)