• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
So hopefully we're getting a Playstation event announcement very soon and an event sometime next week or shortly after. Jeff Grub also mentioned the cryptic June 2nd date as the "Mel Gibson Picture", he all but confirmed this is related to Metal Gear Solid. I'm super curious as to what this will be? a new Metal Gear Solid game? A remaster? Can you imagine a next-gen Metal Gear game... I need to chill out a little lol

HAL-01

So hopefully we're getting a Playstation event announcement very soon and an event sometime next week or shortly after. Jeff Grub also mentioned the cryptic June 2nd date as the "Mel Gibson Picture", he all but confirmed this is related to Metal Gear Solid. I'm super curious as to what this will be? a new Metal Gear Solid game? A remaster? Can you imagine a next-gen Metal Gear game... I need to chill out a little lol
MGS4 Pachinko playable on PS5

HAL-01

giphy.gif

Thats God of War's art director, we're definitely hearing something tomorrow

sendit

Skyrim-8K-landscape-mod-672x372.jpg
Skyrim has an 8K texture mod which comes in at 5.5GB. 8K might not be that taxing on space after all.

There is a "bit" more to consider when looking at the size of textures. Resolution is only one piece of the puzzle.

SSfox

Thats God of War's art director, we're definitely hearing something tomorrow

I don't mean that he's teasing or hinting at anything, but just as tomorrow in Tuesday, usually the day where there are some cool new infos, teases or announcements by PS social media account.

SSfox

The point is he knows the score and reads here and ERA and Twitter and knows about the Sony Tuesday meme and how blue balled we all are for PS5.

I didn't though that far, but i hope you're vision is right haha

Beside that guy is amazing, he draw the best looking Yoshimitsu ever, i hope Harada will hire him for the next Tekken game.

T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member
In order to make sure that tomorrow is indeed a successful day for information.

We need to make a sacrifice to appease the Gods

Bo_Hazem my good man, step forward.
Dr Strange Dr Strange is a better candidate, only the blood of the sorcerers supreme can satiate the great
and powerful Cerny!

EDIT: he better do it, dude has been leading us on for two weeks now :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited by a moderator:

SSfox

I meant Raf is messing with my feels with that Tweet!

I didn't know about him knowing about the meme and going to ERA, so IDK. But you should just never take anything as 100% official, unless it's clearly officially confirmed or announced, everyone should always take things with grain of salt.

PSYGN

I consider him really reliable. I know devs are often watches his streams. If I recall correctly, a God of War dev was watching his stream last week.

I remember when he used to post CoD gameplay to his YouTube channel and post them in the CoD threads here before he got popular. This was before game streaming was a thing. Crazy how much he has grown.

Last edited:
T

Three Jackdaws

Unconfirmed Member

THE:MILKMAN

I didn't know about him knowing about the meme and going to ERA, so IDK. But you should just never take anything as 100% official, unless it's clearly officially confirmed or announced, everyone should always take things with grain of salt.

Quite right but I refuse to believe he Tweeted that without being aware of the memeing :messenger_winking: His profile even declares he's here for the memes!

This is not hope, It’s foolishness. Why would they announce something PS5 related tomorrow when they have TLoU2 SoP after tomorrow? How does that make any business or logical sense?

You could say the same about TLOU releasing June 2013 or GoW in March 2013 or GT6 in December 2013....PS4 still happened between.

Not to say anything will happen tomorrow (probably won't) but TLOU2 and GoT releasing soon doesn't rule out something happening with PS5.

SSfox

This is not hope, It’s foolishness. Why would they announce something PS5 related tomorrow when they have TLoU2 SoP after tomorrow? How does that make any business or logical sense?

You a got a point, also 4 June is still far enough so they can still save the announcement for a further day, who knows.

But thing is, will announcement for PS5 event would kill TLOU2 State of Play? I mean they can tease release date for PS5 event and i would still be excited about TLOU2 SOP, but dunno maybe it's just me?

hemo memo

Gold Member
You could say the same about TLOU releasing June 2013 or GoW in March 2013 or GT6 in December 2013....PS4 still happened between.

Not to say anything will happen tomorrow (probably won't) but TLOU2 and GoT releasing soon doesn't rule out something happening with PS5.

I was not taking about the release. I’m talking about TLoU2 State of Play after tomorrow. If we will hear about something PS5 related, it’ll be after the State of Play.

Imagine if TLoU2 SoP was all PS5 footage and features? Along with the announcement that you don't need to buy a PS5 version separately later. Maybe that's how a PS5 event could not overshadow a TLoU SoP?

M-V2

If the head of Xbox (Phil Spencer) takes his feedback from colt & dealer who spend most of their time spreading FUD, misinformation and downplaying the ps5 in their podcasts and they block anybody try to have a civil conversation with them, then the feedback he is getting is really soaking with mud.

I will leave the rest for your imagination lol
KvmvjDn.jpg

SSfox

Definitely.

I 'm not so sure, i'd be with if we're talking about PS5 reveal event happening a day before a PS4 exclusive State of Play (and even then i wouldn't use the word "Kill" but more of "Hurt", specially for a game of a caliber of TLOU Part 2), but we're talking here about an announcement of a release date of an Event that will happen in a week or so. I don't think it will do any damage for Part 2 SOP, but again maybe it's just me.

I don’t know. I mean it’s online. No invitation or travel for the PS5 reveal. Not the same as the PS4 reveal. They could announce the date just 3 days before the event.

Sure anything could happen given current circumstances but isn't it ironic that gamers have been a captive and extremely active audience the last 2-3 months and are now just going back to work/life. They could have really taken advantage and can't understand why they didn't produce a pre-recorded reveal earlier.

M-V2 M-V2

Is that real?

Last edited:

SSfox

If the head of Xbox (Phil Spencer) takes his feedback from colt & dealer who spend most of their time spreading FUD, misinformation and downplaying the ps5 in their podcasts and they block anybody try to have a civil conversation with them, then the feedback he is getting is really soaking with mud.

I will leave the rest for your imagination lol
KvmvjDn.jpg

Phil Spencer:

Watch videos to know what kind of games players want...

Also releases new Halo, new Forza, new Gears all day...

hqdefault.jpg

hemo memo

Gold Member
Imagine if TLoU2 SoP was all PS5 footage and features? Along with the announcement that you don't need to buy a PS5 version separately later. Maybe that's how a PS5 event could not overshadow a TLoU SoP?

The have clearly said this “And no, there won’t be any PS5 news or updates in this episode, just a deep dive into the world of The Last of Us Part II.”

So no.

It’s not happening tomorrow or in the SoP. We might get an announcement by next week maybe. Again, They don’t need 2 or 3 weeks notice. 3 days before are enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom