• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I don't like starting new threads for things like this...

I'm not going to say anything negative. I think this IS the case. I also don't think he should have gone around shooting off his mouth about power and all that until it was ready to show off. How about, Hey guys.. Believe me when I say this console is the most powerful. The games that prove it won't be around to show this off until later. For now, we have these games, and have acquired these Devs. Here are some concept trailers to show you what kinds of games are coming.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Doubt you will need to buy it again if you by it on this sale......Crossbuy is a thing. UC4 must be one of the games that they update to 4k 60fps on the PS5, for free..

Perhaps, but no one can yet gauge if the medium will be a good game. Makes no sense to rush and buy Bloober and the game reviews badly....Buying studios is good, but you need guarantees that they are going to make you money...The quality they push out and how well their games sell must be a consideration...

Dear brother/sister, wanna ask you: Why I see some members like always following you just to irritate you with lol reactions and so? You are definitely extremely famous around here, or infamous? I find you minding your own business never seen you attack anyone, just wondering. Maybe just for friendly banter? I don't know. :messenger_winking_tongue:

Warm regards.

kyliethicc

I'd imagine they'll put some PS5 games on there too, like they are now with PS4 titles. Just not day & date, after most of the sales have already been made. Yes, you'd still lose some sales because some will figure that it will be offered eventually and they'll play it then, but probably not too many.
Yeah of course, but with PS5 games they’ll probably only put them on for like 3 months then remove them, as they do now with their AAA PS4 games. As long as their games sell enough, theyre not gonna put current gen AAA games on PS Now permanently.

Dodkrake

Banned
12 Terrorflops! - Games just look like upscaled Xbox One games
Superfast SSD! - It takes 6 seconds to switch between last gen games, noticeable texture pop in in Xbox Series X gameplay (which we are now told its not)
Old gen won't hold back new gen! - Halo

Microsoft has been a complete shit show.

FranXico

They can delay the game to make it better which is what Naughty Dog did. They can delay it it's just that they don't want to lose it as a launch title.

Also that still doesn't change the fact that they spent around 5 years on the game to release it in this state. Pretty sure Naughty Dog spent around the same time but the final product didn't look as poor as Halo Infinite and that's with Covid-19.
ND could get away with delaying the TLOU2 MP because that game still is primarily a SP game. Not that there wasn't any backlash, because there was indeed.
Imagine a SP CoD, do you think people would see any point in it?

J_Gamer.exe

TwgdF3d.jpg

You know, I'm starting to feel quite sorry for that creature, I'm thinking rather than shoot at it, id rather protect it. It's having a real tough time at the moment and it's not it's fault, that's how it was created and it should be able to live it's life.

#protect-the-monstrosity

ND could get away with delaying the TLOU2 MP because that game still is primarily a SP game. Not that there wasn't any backlash, because there was indeed.
Imagine a SP CoD, do you think people would see any point in it?

Plus if I'm not mistaken the last of us 2 single player is pretty long.

When it comes to Halo I believe the multiplayer is what many look forward to. Not having that at launch is pretty bad. It's also why I don't think this rumor is true. If anything they will delay the Single Player before they delay the multiplayer.

Microsoft has always been in charge of it. What they are doing is managing 343 appropriately now. Either they set them straight or give the task to another dev team.
Yes, Microsoft has always been in charge of it, reason why all the new and old IPs in its hands are dying since years, Halo didn't lost its edge from yesterday.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
They can delay the game to make it better which is what Naughty Dog did. They can delay it it's just that they don't want to lose it as a launch title.

Also that still doesn't change the fact that they spent around 5 years on the game to release it in this state. Pretty sure Naughty Dog spent around the same time but the final product didn't look as poor as Halo Infinite and that's with Covid-19.
ND also didn't release with MP that's my point. It's not earth shattering if MP releases a couple of months later together with the ray tracing update.

343i has to release at launch otherwise they don't have a proper launch game. That's why they'll already release the SP campaign. I'm not going to debate graphics, design or gameplay based on a year old build.

They shipped lost legacy in August 2017 so less than 3 years.

Halo 5 has been in dev for 2 years longer.
They have multiple teams at ND. Development started in 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
ND also didn't release with MP that's my point. It's not earth shattering if MP releases a couple of months later together with the ray tracing update.

343i has to release at launch otherwise they don't have a proper launch game. That's why they'll already release the SP campaign. I'm not going to debate graphics, design or gameplay based on a year old build.
It's earth shattering if your IP is about multiplayer since forever. Really, I don't want to be too pessimistic, but it's not the same thing.

It's not earth shattering if MP releases a couple of month

Only for games where the multiplayer is the most popular part. Like of COD delayed the single player it wouldn't be a big deal but the multiplayer would.

That's why Naughty Dog chose to release the single player before the multiplayer.

It's earth shattering if your IP is about multiplayer since forever

It's something that I've said earlier. Multiplayer is one of the biggest things about the Halo franchise. Even when the single player wasn't up to snuff people still played the heck out of the multiplayer. It's essentially like Xboxs COD.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

No. They got rid of two teams after firing amy Henning. They have one team. They had a Skeleton crew of designers doing preproduction on tlou2 to ensure they hit the ground running after shipping the lady legacy but that's every studio. I'm sure lead designers and writers at 343 were already doing preproduction on the next halo before shipping halo 5.

Read Jason's expose on naughty dog. The entire studio was pulling in 7 day weeks trying to ship lost legacy.

kensama

Now we know the last defense of discord FUD guy -----> COVID responsible for Halo disaster. :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What is funny it seem that only Microsoft seems to be impacted while Sony just released TLOU2 and GOT and have shown Gameplay of PS5 gamers with RT (which is not the case of Halo)

kyliethicc

Nah Even Wells head of Naughty Dog said that stopped after The Last of Us for PS3 in 2013. Couldn’t get enough people to fill 2 full teams. It’s more 1 team + others doing pre-production or post-launch support etc. Naughty Dog is a huge studio, but they only had the whole “2 teams” thing back in like 2010-2013 PS3 days.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
No. They got rid of two teams after firing amy Henning. They have one team. They had a Skeleton crew of designers doing preproduction on tlou2 to ensure they hit the ground running after shipping the lady legacy but that's every studio. I'm sure lead designers and writers at 343 were already doing preproduction on the next halo before shipping halo 5.

Read Jason's expose on naughty dog. The entire studio was pulling in 7 day weeks trying to ship lost legacy.
Development still started in 2014. A small part of the team probably, that eventually also helped with lost legacy and then back to TLOU2, but still it started in 2014.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Development still started in 2014. A small part of the team probably, that eventually also helped with lost legacy and then back to TLOU2, but still it started in 2014.
It doesn't matter. Full development started in September 2017. Plain and simple. Stop making excuses for a game that had five full years of dev time.

You wouldn't defend mass effect andromeda or anthem would do?

Why even talk about this? It may be an old build, but it's clear it will never reach TLOU2, which is an old gen game despite being top tier tech. It seems 343 just did a worst job.

Dictator says that the information of Geometry engine coming from RDNA3 is fake.

uVF4CcA.png

od9bjfH.png
Any of them knows a shit of features not revealed 'Moore law' just love to extrapolate all and Dictator well is Dictator,
this guy barely knows how to use an engine but he want to be respected for be a youtuber in DF, both are using the fallacy ad ignorantiam.

In case any console have some feature not present in RDNA 2 (like cache scrubbers) that doesn't mean is RDNA 3, this is just
stupid to think, only AMD knows if some feature can be part or not of the architecture for next year or two and probably even them
still planning is is worth or not to added something to RDNA 3.

Last edited:

devilNprada

STOP TRYING TO INFECT SONY WITH MICROSOFT DNA

STOP IT

ENOUGH DAMAGE HAS BEEN DONE>

Sony does this too somewhat.. I have most the free games from PSN since PS4 launch... How is that much different?
The underlying qustion is can the movie industry model work for the games industry?

The major difference is there are a lot of people that like to get out and see new movies. Personally, I think it is about getting out, and having something to do more so than seeing any particular movie.
I do know, the TV services such as Netflix, HBO and Disney are putting out a lot of money for original programming in which some of it is not only pretty good, but actually competes with box office hits.

I see Sony doing better in this department as a console only service, that is probably too limited to work.
I See MS maybe being the better service over all, as it will apply to all platforms. It will not work for people who play on a single platform.

Last edited:

kensama

In case any console have some feature not present in RDNA 2 (like cache scrubbers) that doesn't mean is RDNA 3, this is just
stupid to think, only AMD know if some feature can be part or not of the architecture for next year or two and probably even them
still planning is is worth or not to added something to RDNA 3.
but love talk as he was a dev.

But you take it in a bad way.
For part like cache scrubber Cerny said at the road to PS5 if that some technology in PS5 working great it could be taken by AMD later to incorporate it in RDNA3. As it was done for the GPU of the PS4 and PS4 pro

sircaw

Banned
It doesn't matter. Full development started in September 2017. Plain and simple. Stop making excuses for a game that had five full years of dev time.

You wouldn't defend mass effect andromeda or anthem would do?

I am not sure how many people that had working on their team but by the looks of it they employed the Janitor too.

sircaw

Banned
Sony does this too somewhat.. I have most the free games from PSN since PS4 launch... How is that much different?
The underlying qustion is can the movie industry model work for the games industry?

The major difference is there are a lot of people that like to get out and see new movies. Personally, I think it is about getting out, and having something to do more so than seeing any particular movie.
I do know, the TV services such as Netflix, HBO and Disney are putting out a lot of money for original programming in which some of it is not only pretty good, but actually competes with box office hits.

I see Sony doing better in this department as a console only service, that is probably too limited to work.
I See MS maybe being the better service over all, as it will apply to all platforms. It will not work for people who play on a single platform.

You will be able to find on of my later posts as you read on.

I agree that sony need to branch out and plan for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom