• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
No
That it will be no additional CU's & no more boosting or the meaning of captured from ?
I obviously meant the ms game showcase.

Because all that stuff you are posting is bullshit in my opinion.

Well I knew alex would find some strange idea why Halo Infinite looked so bad. The lighting was bad. Not the last gen models, geometry and assets. Just turn off all light in the game then you'll see how good it is.

Last edited:

Voidout

2Nt3Uzf.jpg
Absolutely insane. Next time someone says MS has better "communication" I will swallow a squash whole.

I'd like to share something regarding the coming consoles.

My father never was into gaming, but he encouraged the hobby, as outside of practicing medicine his passion was music, which he loved dearly.

He loved gaming music, often taking my Final Fantasy soundtracks to listen to on his equipment. It was the only way he could appreciate the hobby, as the tech advanced quicker than he adapted to it(he was stupidly good at Tetris, though)

I was cleaning up in his music room not too long ago(think like a game room, but audio).

I found an old jar with a little money in it, buried amongst audio hookups, with a note scribbled that said "for my son's game system".

It was probably for something years upon years ago, that he had forgotten...who knows.

But it made me happy yet sad to see, with him gone. So many parents of my generation discouraged the hobby and some still do.

I'm glad he encouraged it and maybe it was a sign he's always around, depending on what you believe. I'll use it towards my PS5, hopefully, at the same location we went to get my PS2.

Last edited:
No

Well I knew alex would find some strange idea why Halo Infinite looked so bad. The lighting was bad. Not the last gen models, geometry and assets. Just turn off all light in the game then you'll see how good it is.

I'll requote myself from another thread.

Goes both ways, confusion about PS5 boost clock, games showcased looked current gen on the Ps5 show mixed with CG, basically both company's did the same thing.
But no people ! Blame MS just because...
C'mon guys stop the fanboy nonsense, everyone is being dupe here.

sircaw

Banned
I'd like to share something regarding the coming consoles.

My father never was into gaming, but he encouraged the hobby, as outside of practicing medicine his passion was music, which he loved dearly.

He loved gaming music, often taking my Final Fantasy soundtracks to listen to on his equipment. It was the only way he could appreciate the hobby, as the tech advanced quicker than he adapted to it(he was stupidly good at Tetris, though)

I was cleaning up in his music room not too long ago(think like a game room, but audio).

I found an old jar with a little money in it, buried amongst audio hookups, with a note scribbled that said "for my son's game system".

It was probably for something years upon years ago, that he had forgotten...who knows.

But it made me happy yet sad to see, with him gone. So many parents of my generation discouraged the hobby and some still do.

I'm glad he encouraged it and maybe it was a sign he's always around, depending on what you believe. I'll use it towards my PS5, hopefully, at the same location we went to get my PS2.

That's a pretty sad story dude.

Thedtrain

No

And the other forum laps it up. “God bless Alex”

Cringe. Yeah ray tracing will fix all!!

The footage came from a PS5 that much has been confirmed. Plus Digital Foundry spotted faults in alot of the footage so it definitely wasn't done on a render farm and just played back on the PS5. That would be false marketing.
Was a mix of both, CG was present in the trailer.
False marketing like they did Ghost Of Tsushima back at E3 ? Look how everyone forgot about that, was real quick, it's Sony.

Was a mix of both, CG was present in the trailer.
False marketing like they did Ghost Of Tsushima back at E3 ? Look how everyone forgot about that, was real quick, it's Sony.

Reminds me of when we first saw Halo Infinite.

But thankfully Guerilla Games are very good when it comes to visuals so I wouldn't be surprised if the game looks like that in the end. Just making the assumption after what they did with the first game.

That's a pretty sad story dude.

A little, I suppose. Interestingly, once I grew up, I asked him once how he was able to get some things. When the Nintendo 64 came out, it was nearly impossible to obtain, yet he always managed to find whatever it was.

I asked him what his secret was, since he hated crowds and would do anything to avoid them.. and the answer was(and some may remember these, some may not) the Spiegel catalogue.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
A little, I suppose. Interestingly, once I grew up, I asked him once how he was able to get some things. When the Nintendo 64 came out, it was nearly impossible to obtain, yet he always managed to find whatever it was.

I asked him what his secret was, since he hated crowds and would do anything to avoid them.. and the answer was(and some may remember these, some may not) the Spiegel catalogue.

sounds American ;/

yer had a look, Never heard of it before, being from Africa the only thing we ever got delivered was goods parcels. By air.

Last edited:

husomc

Thank you brother! Just watched the event twice, once in 4K@60 and the second with Angry Joe. What a cringy event, I don't know which one is worse this one or the previous one. They tried so hard to look professional like Sony but body language gives it all.

- Halo looks like a remastered Xbox 360 game, it's below average compared to current gen before even mid gen refreshes.
- Everwild looked interesting but no gameplay.
- Forza is CGI trailer running at 24fps.
- State of Decay 3 is CGI trailer running at 24fps.
- Tetris? Really?
- Warhammer looks meh to me.
- The medium looks like current gen, but it's probably the best between all of them.

I expected a mediocre event, but not as low as this! Man, current PS4 exclusives look more next gen in comparison, and rightfully so.
Tetris coz they need those 8k 120fps games :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Gamerguy84

I recall reading on b3d that someone claimed all the SFS and velocity stuff was actually in development. Does not suprise, we have had allot of typical MS PR and fluff, nothing shown is no surprise.

Lots of vague stuff, load demo defense was the state of decay 2 load demo was not optimised for XSX.....mmmm

Its become obvious after their reveal there was trouble at MS. The B3D post helps put it together. I cant wait to hear the whole story a few years down the road.

All this talk of transparency apparently doesnt apply to the troubles they are having.

Im sure they will get it sorted out and move on but right now it must be a pressure cooker at MS headquarters.

comedy. if what sony showed is current gen then what xbox showed was PS2 level of graphics.

you are reaching a lot. i see those puddles damaged a lot of you.
Reminds me of when we first saw Halo Infinite.

But thankfully Guerilla Games are very good when it comes to visuals so I wouldn't be surprised if the game looks like that in the end. Just making the assumption after what they did with the first game.
You can clearly read in my quote that i criticized both company's, not only Sony, shady practices are everywhere, take your time reading what i said.
Lets wait for PS5 version
I didn't said anything about the PS5 related to this game.
Even with Ghosts downgrade, it still looks significantly better than the Series X footage of Halo.

Which games looked like current gen And which like CG from the PS5 conference?
I'm curious how big was the downgrade for Ghosts?

Just wondering if it's as bad as what happened with Infinite.
There is a specific thread about this matter.

Falc67

You can clearly read in my quote that i criticized both company's, not only Sony, shady practices are everywhere, take your time reading what i said.

I didn't said anything about the PS5 related to this game.

There is a specific thread about this matter.
Where’s the thread about CG from the PS5 reveal?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, you want to take a look to old gen exclusives gameplay while still in development then? Because none of them looks so bad, fuck me even Xbox One exclusives.
Actually every comparison is basically shit. To be fair, Microsoft called this upon themselves by showing this footage, but still it doesn't mean anything until the game is released.

Gediminas

Banned
I'm curious how big was the downgrade for Ghosts?

Just wondering if it's as bad as what happened with Infinite.
it got a little bit of downgrade in a few scenes. everything else is not even for discussion. man is clearly reaching. those puddles damage a lot of people. Ghost of Tsushima's graphics and world is one of the pinnacles in graphics in gaming.
there is not even a discussion where xbox games looking like a turd with most powerful hardware and where sony is pushing whole gaming graphics and gaming industry forward.

it got a little bit of downgrade in a few scenes. everything else is not even for discussion. man is clearly reaching. those puddles damage a lot of people. Ghost of Tsushima's graphics and world is one of the pinnacles in graphics in gaming.
there is not even a discussion where xbox games looking like a turd with most powerful hardware and where sony is pushing whole gaming graphics and gaming industry forward.
That's your subjective point of view and a poor judgement of you about me.
When you look at the gameplay compared to each other it's not that big of a difference. I was worried that the downgrade would have been on the level of Watch Dogs for example.

Game still looks very good though.
Subjective, there are other concerns regarding AI etc...
There is a specific thread about it.

Games Dean

That isn't necessarily a bad thing if almost everyone is doing it, that's the rub.

Say Sony sells 10m copies of a $60 game, that's what 600m (being generous that everything is full price), now let's say Sony suddenly went GamePass and with the quality of their content sold it to 50% of their user base. 50m users at $15/mo is what 750m every month. Does Sony even make 12 10m sellers a year as it is? At the end of the day, this would actually increase the total spend on content. That's not even considering the fact that micro-transactions are a thing regardless of if GP exists or not, and GP just makes that even more lucrative for devs.
This hypothetical scenario is all about revenue, which doesn't mean a whole lot when the associated expenses are extremely high as well.

Actually every comparison is basically shit. To be fair, Microsoft called this upon themselves by showing this footage, but still it doesn't mean anything until the game is released.
Yes, but there aren't many possibilities, I mean it's really hard to believe that this thing will look as good as the best old gen games, let alone next gen, no matter what. But sure, let's see.

After watching the Ghost trailer and comparison it looks very similar to the final product. While I do agree the trailer doesn't look like the retail product they still rendered it. It wasn't like there was a massive difference between the two. And that's true with alot of games.

If anything I think what they showed will be similar to the final product. There won't be a massive difference between the trailer and what we will play if Ghosts proves anything.

Which is why I'm not really worried about Horizon Zero Dawn 2.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
See....THOSE clips look like the Forza clips you posted earlier. I just think it's way to early to say Forza is doing more than GT7. GT7 looks quite a bit better to me, so far.
That's because they are 30 fps replay mode clips. ;p i think one of them is from their pre-rendered intro.

And that's why we cant take that in-engine Forza trailer seriously. We already know what 30 fps and pre-rendered looks like this gen.

Please don't do that to yourself. I did that too years ago in my teens. I doesn't work that way. Expect them to deliver the game in this state in 3-4 Months. This will cause you less pain and frustration in the long term.

BUT the bright side is - they are going to work on it for up to 10 years! ( note probably way less and "working on it" is not really indicative for anything, could be bugfixes, server maintanance, dlcs, events anything and nothing )

I don't wanna sound rude but thats what I experienced as a gamer in over 30 years.
Don't believe promises of services for long periods from game developers. They WILL change their plans and disappoint you.

After watching the Ghost trailer and comparison it looks very similar to the final product. While I do agree the trailer doesn't look like the retail product they still rendered it. It wasn't like there was a massive difference between the two. And that's true with alot of games.

If anything I think what they showed will be similar to the final product. There won't be a massive difference between the trailer and what we will play if Ghosts proves anything.

Which is why I'm not really worried about Horizon Zero Dawn 2.
I'm not worried about HZ2, just pointing out shady practices made by BOTH company's.
Why aren't they straight forward in the first place ?
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom