• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This BS needs to stop:

Damn :lollipop_tears_of_joy: , the xbox trolls flooded it and spam reported it, it was an uphill climb over a mountain of trolls. Mods probably are too tired of monitoring it, so just closed it. One guy went suicidal there.

Ok, now we'll expose more BS in the future.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
It’s both sides. Xbots have been making threads about it non stop. To say it’s Sony fan boys is pretty short sighted. Both sides are as bad as each other. There is no moral high ground here.

Yeah both sides are just acting like kids and tbh its sad .. just play and enjoy , if you want discussion then do it like a grown ass man other than that I'm skipping that shit

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Damn :lollipop_tears_of_joy: , the xbox trolls flooded it and spam reported it, it was an uphill climb over a mountain of trolls. Mods are probably are too tired of monitoring it, so just closed it. One guy went suicidal there.

Ok, now we'll expose more BS in the future.
points for commitment to your embarrassing meltdown.

Next time can you just keep it in your safe space instead of shitting up the entire forum? Cheers.

As I've said before, I believe the games will be further enhanced at launch. I'm not worried about it. A good example is FFXVI, wherein they showed early gameplay rather than CG.

Graphics and optimizations are usually one of the final things worked on up until launch of a game. Additionally, dont forget we probably haven't seen the end of the "Day 1" major patches. These things are usually worked on even after going gold.

In terms of XSX, we've heard of development woes despite the power. We haven't heard that for PS5 except for Golem, where most speak of ease. But I'm sure some have issues--point being:

4k/60FPS make for great buzzwords, but it is early and new hardware.

As developers become more accustomed to each hardware, finding new tricks and gaining comfortability, I think you'll see more of them finding ways to achieve things.

I think that was a good thread Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem
You had evidence to present even if Youtube isn't always the most reliable.

I was very surprised when I read that Demon's Souls was 1440p. I normally play at that resolution and while it looks good it's not as sharp as the DS trailer. So I'm on the DS 4K train, though it's possible that reconstruction from 1440p or something was used. I just don't believe it was straight 1440p and that DF might have made a mistake.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
RJXW9eL.jpg

Lets fucking go ..

Both PS5 and XSS are secured

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Why was the thread closed?
I think that was a good thread Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem
You had evidence to present even if Youtube isn't always the most reliable.

I was very surprised when I read that Demon's Souls was 1440p. I normally play at that resolution and while it looks good it's not as sharp as the DS trailer. So I'm on the DS 4K train, though it's possible that reconstruction from 1440p or something was used. I just don't believe it was straight 1440p and that DF might have made a mistake.
It turned ugly real quick. Insults flying all over.

giphy.gif

The thread was flooded by mass reports, although backed with solid proofs. I don't mind it being closed as too much toxicity came out of some members there.

TBiddy

I know someone, a Compatriot game developer actually who says The initiative upcoming title is cross-gen low-budget AA. Take this with a grain of salt but he has some good insight and sources in the industry.

Seems unlikely. Usual source, I suppose ('Dude, trust me')? Microsoft themselves describes The Initiative as a "AAAA" studio. A stupid term, yes, but doesn't fit with your "low-budget AA" game.

It turned ugly real quick. Insults flying all over.

The thread was a shit-show starting from post 1, to be honest.

I can feel the insecurity in the Air of DF office (If they even have one) about PS5 already showing great RT with a locked 60fps because the PC with all the Power in the world was strugling to keep high and stable framerates with RT On on games like Control, so their insecurity made them assume its 1440p despite the fact that It actually looks sharper than any game ever released, let alone Craig with its low res Textures.

Aladin

I like Halo infinite demo. I liked Demom souls demo. Complexity of an open world fps is far greater than Linear souls game. If you dont play fps's, stick to linear games. What is the point in comparing and criticizing it ?

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
So that makes it ok to insult people? You don’t have to agree and sometimes posts annoy me too. But that’s on me.
Where did I say that? Mr. Playstation asked why it was closed, I said because it was a shit thread. Nowhere did I say it's OK to insult people...

Allandor

giphy.gif

The thread was flooded by mass reports, although backed with solid proofs. I don't mind it being closed as too much toxicity came out of some members there.
If you have no idea, please just shut up or at least inform yourself and check your "evidence" before you start those accusations-threads. This was just a console warrior thread, nothing more.
And it doesn't get better, if you spam your "evidence" or "alternate facts" in this thread.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
If you have no idea, please just shut up or at least inform yourself and check your "evidence" before you start those accusations-threads. This was just a console warrior thread, nothing more.
And it doesn't get better, if you spam your "evidence" or "alternate facts" in this thread.

You better, right? Teach me. Show me evidence that I'm wrong, I'll gladly thank you for it.

When I saw Bo's meltdown:

4ea.jpg

You're better than those kinda threads, Bo.

What meltdown? :lollipop_tears_of_joy: I was pretty calm during all the insults flying around. One guy there went suicidal though.

I noticed something...

4k/60fps/RT

These are the Holy Trinity of DF analyses right now.

Whenever they cant deny the presence of any of the three, they will find a way to downplay It even If It means applying 800% zoom in wich no human eye can see (and therefore not making any difference whatsoever) If the game is running on PS5, exactly like It happened with Gran Turismo 7.

On the other hand, games can look absolutely disgusting on the other platform (like Craig) and they come with a ridiculously superficial analysis that doesnt expose any blatant ugly thing doesnt need a 800% zoom to be seen and say its Just a matter o lighting.

Now with such huge contrast, You really want us PS fanboys to not see any problema with that? Gtfo

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I noticed something...

4k/60fps/RT

Whenever they cant deny the presence of any of the three, they will find a way to downplay It even If It means applying 800% zoom in wich no human eye can see (and therefore not making any difference whatsoever) If the game is running on PS5, exactly like It happened with Gran Turismo 7.

On the other hand, games can look absolutely disgusting on the other platform (like Craig) and they come with a ridiculously superficial analysis that doesnt expose any blatant ugly thing doesnt need a 800% zoom to be seen and say its Just a matter o lighting.

Now with such huge contrast, You really want us PS fanboys to not see any problema with that? Gtfo
I mean look at this,

All Digital Foundry did was add fuel for the next RDX Podcast.
And don't even look in the comments.
Don't get me wrong, I love Digital Foundry.
But lately you can tell a change in their tone during breakdowns.

The truth will be out there, and I expect Bluepoint to come out and debunk it. But now we know that the 800% magnifier isn't exclusive to anyone, you can do it yourself. By the way, 800% is the limit of GIMP, probably photoshop, paint, windows photo viewer. With Picasa, you can go the extra mile up to 1000-2000%, but it's been shut down by Google.

Anyway, we all know now that Demon's Souls is 4K, whether it's AI image reconstruction or native 4K.

Last edited:
I noticed something...

4k/60fps/RT

Whenever they cant point out the absence of any of the three, they will find a way to downplay It even If It means applying 800% zoom in wich no human eye can see (and therefore not making any difference whatsoever) If the game is running on PS5, exactly like It happened with Gran Turismo 7.

I mean look at this,

Have they made a video about How worrisome is the fact of XSX not having RT day one? Its a aclear indicative that devs might having some struggles with XSX development.

This is official news, yet no video. But false rumour created by Discord group about PS5 burnning, no RT hardeare they were Very Quick.

Stop with the false authority appeal, making one media words the absolute truth where no one cant question anything.

Last edited:
I mean look at this,

The problem is miseducation and fanboys have no desire to educate themselves. First comment I saw

So everyone gave the Xbox Series S flack for being a 1440p/60 fps console but Demon Souls is 1440p/60 fps

There is a few things wrong with this statement

• Demon's Souls has a 4k30 mode
  • Series S wouldn't be able to run Demon's Souls at 2k60. It's 2.5x less powerful than PS5 so we're looking at 900p60
  • You can tell he is of the belief that Series X could run Demon's Souls at 4k60 but based on paper spec you would need an RTX 3080 to do that
Fanboys take what DF say and run with it. You even have people on this forum who don't understand compute or frame budgets.

GianEnemyCrab

Neo Member
DF has many special features that focus on singular things, so yes i am fine with that... especially on unreleased games. as mentioned they talked about other parts in another video, not as in depth cause again its alpha footage but that specific aspect (lighting) is something that effects many games and since Infinite is so high profile its perfect opportunity to make a video explaining the downfalls of that technique. It is only problematic because you look through blue tinted glasses

So they focused on the only aspect that could've been used as a scapegoat for how bad the game looked, c'mon lets be serious there are literally tons of games this gen that use GI and dont have issues like Halo did. Yes night time might look a bit bland compared to time of day in some titles, but to base the way Halo looked mostly on the way shadows are cast, makes their argument so thin that you can basically floss with it..

what are you even talking about here??? 1- yes it does, especially when they explain those terms! 2- everything they said is factual and proven, just cause you dont wanna hear it doesnt mean it isnt true lol

There are indeed articles from DF which are factual and informative and have proven info in them, but this is not of those, there are so many things that are wrong with that demo ranging from animations, texture work, draw distance...etc and the only thing that is stressed in the article is the lighting and also put in such a way that its not a tech analysis but mostly an excuse piece for MS.

When you can output games like FH4 and Gears of War 5 then sorry if next gen Craig fails to impress people

In conclusion why do you think that there was such a huge uproar after the trailer and that 343 had to postpone the launch, my detective hunch tells me it wasnt just because of the shadows that they had to fix...

Loxus

Ya'll not sick and tired of console warring yet?
Anyone want to chat games and get hyped for all games coming this year and next?
Yes, I also like the technical side of the hardware.
I was going to do a breakdown of the PS5 and XBSX explaining why these consoles shouldn't be compared,
as their are using different methods to achieve the same end result,
Speed vs. Power, thus the hardware can not be compared.
Speed components would have a different make up to the component to Power.
But people are blinded by console war, so I didn't bother.

DaGwaphics

I know someone, a Compatriot game developer actually who says The initiative upcoming title is cross-gen low-budget AA. Take this with a grain of salt but he has some good insight and sources in the industry.

That's an interesting take. I guess we'll see whenever they get around to announcing something. LOL

Yes, I also like the technical side of the hardware.
I was going to do a breakdown of the PS5 and XBSX explaining why these consoles shouldn't be compared,
as their are using different methods to achieve the same end result,
Speed vs. Power, thus the hardware can not be compared.
Speed components would have a different make up to the component to Power.
But people are blinded by console war, so I didn't bother.
No disrespect to you but the worst idea possible with the state this forum is in. I'm happy you decided against the breakdown.
Im just keen to see chat about the games. This RT, 4k, 120fps etc etc is now tired old nonsense and not worth obsessing over. Personally I'm over it and just want to enjoy whatever games is coming. We have less than 2 months before we get to play new games on new consoles.

How the fuck are there not many threads discussing this amazing opportunity.

Still pissed off at Sony and MS for lack of next gen walkthrough of the console and accessories but I understand it's covid times so things may be messed up and adisorganized.

Loxus

The truth will be out there, and I expect Bluepoint to come out and debunk it. But now we know that the 800% magnifier isn't exclusive to anyone, you can do it yourself. By the way, 800% is the limit of GIMP, probably photoshop, paint, windows photo viewer. With Picasa, you can go the extra mile up to 1000-2000%, but it's been shut down by Google.

Anyway, we all know now that Demon's Souls is 4K, whether it's AI image reconstruction or native 4K.
I have no problem if Bluepoint came out and said it's 1440p.
But DF said they don't know the resolution, but think it is 1440p,
then could tell me Halo just needs Raytracing.
Like come on DF, you guys suppose to be professionals, not favoring one over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom