• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibils2k

There are indeed articles from DF which are factual and informative and have proven info in them, but this is not of those, there are so many things that are wrong with that demo ranging from animations, texture work, draw distance...etc and the only thing that is stressed in the article is the lighting and also put in such a way that its not a tech analysis but mostly an excuse piece for MS.

When you can output games like FH4 and Gears of War 5 then sorry if next gen Craig fails to impress people

In conclusion why do you think that there was such a huge uproar after the trailer and that 343 had to postpone the launch, my detective hunch tells me it wasnt just because of the shadows that they had to fix...
as i mentioned MANY times(will be the last now), DF also acknowledged there are many other faults but the whole point of THAT video was explaining why game looked so flat (one of the biggest complaints) and was broader discussion on why that type of lighting can produce those results... rather than just "look how shit this looks". Do you not understand? they used Infinite as perfect sample to provide indepth analysis on dynamic lighting system

i dont see it as an excuse piece considering they never say this looks good, they just explain why it looks like that (informative)

LokusAbriss

To cheer you up, you could all pre-order an XBox Series S now (still^^)!

Because the console doesn't make sense to most people. Early adopters want the best and most powerfull hardware, so XSX or PS5. Gamers with a 4k tv will buy a fully capable 4k console. So, who is left? People with older or smaller 1080p screens probably wait out for the nex-gen jump anyway. Last nail in the coffin is the missing disc drive. Many xbox gamers still have 360/one discs laying around. Many of them are bc compatible, so these owners will grab the XSX too.

Loxus

No disrespect to you but the worst idea possible with the state this forum is in. I'm happy you decided against the breakdown.
Im just keen to see chat about the games. This RT, 4k, 120fps etc etc is now tired old nonsense and not worth obsessing over. Personally I'm over it and just want to enjoy whatever games is coming. We have less than 2 months before we get to play new games on new consoles.

How the fuck are there not many threads discussing this amazing opportunity.

Still pissed off at Sony and MS for lack of next gen walkthrough of the console and accessories but I understand it's covid times so things may be messed up and adisorganized.
I agree, I think we should stop fixating over resolution.
I want gameplay mechanics improvements.

If you ask me - I am really happy that DeS is 1440p and here is why:

First and most important - it shows that Sony know that 4k is just a buzzword and they don't chase this artificial "goal" at all cost. They are marketing PS5 as 4k device but they are not afraid to show 1440p games which I think is very good sign for future. We all saw what native 4k60fps at all cost game looks like. It looks like remastered current-gens. For now even ultra-pumped up PC can baerly do 4k60FPS in current games so I did not expect 4k/60FPS at all from new consoles but with all those marketing buzzwords I was afraid that Sony and MS will chase that goal no matter the price hence the game will end up looking like upresed/remastered games from current gen.

Second - holy fuck, if 1440p looks so clean now then I am all in. I was certain that it is 4k after watching on my TV. I got 1440p monitor and tbh DeS 1440p looks sharper but that might just be textures. Or more porbably - some kind of rendering/upscaling techniqe.

Anyway - my point is - we need a sweetspot between resolution and graphic fidelity and Sony knows about it very well. No point going 4k if games gonna look like upscaled current gen.
It looks so clean because it is 4K 😂😂😂😂.

Lets go. So Mr Grubb would be in his review like "So the Series X is the worlds most powerful console and the fixed clocks at CPU and GPU are providing the most unified power experience right out of the gate(literally starts off his impressions throwing shade at the AMD Smartshift technology which he probably knows jack shit about how it's engineered and incorporated in the PS5). Anyways looking forward to his impressions :D

sircaw

Banned
🙄

I want to see some bloody gameplay, dammit! The console is out in six weeks. It’s getting ridiculous.

Why do you need to see gameplay, that's not important. games are overrated.

Please can you move back to the tflops debate or studios we just bought,. How dare you not focus on the real things that matter to us, you bloody Troll. "lollipop_disappointed:

I am probably not helping am i.Sorries

Last edited:

Kingthrash

"N*gga if you like subscribe, if you don't like don't subscribe. Listen this n*gga is emitting reflections from the puddle over here my n*gga, but these b*tch ass n*ggas over at Digital Foundry are blind as bat to not see any ray traced reflections" - Likely analysis take by KingTrash on DF's analysis of Demon's Souls Remake :D
However you hear it.....i guarantee ill point out more than DF garbage ass.
I've seen plenty already that whizzed over their eyes...
Also wondering why they didn't care to check the resolution of halo infinite...they assume its 4k...
But never check....curious...no?
Sent a copy to @NXGamer and Kingthrash Kingthrash , hope they take a look at this.
Brah...why you get me started....i found something....DF got some 'splaning to do! Video very soon

Lets go. So Mr Grubb would be in his review like "So the Series X is the worlds most powerful console and the fixed clocks at CPU and GPU are providing the most unified power experience right out of the gate(literally starts off his impressions throwing shade at the AMD Smartshift technology which he probably knows jack shit about how it's engineered and incorporated in the PS5). Anyways looking forward to his impressions :D
Xsx also has smart shift. Smart shift is rdna2 feature from amd . He doesn't know the difference between smart shift and variable clocks 😂

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Also wondering why they didn't care to check the resolution of halo infinite...they assume its 4k...

Brah...why you get me started....i found something....DF got some 'splaning to do! Video very soon

The sound of truth is being shut down! Here this should help:

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I'm actually expecting the XsX to win multiplat comparisons. But there's this fear that the PS5 will launch with a ton of hardware issues due to the theory of some last minute changes. I don't think the last thing will be true.

Edit: To be perfectly honest I believe there's going to be a PR disaster with the VA. So in the end each side will have their own PR problems to deal with.
I believe most comparisons will favor PS5 at launch... I’m not sure if it will continue the same thought the generation.

It is clear which company get the SDK finalized on dev hands for launch.

TBiddy

2 double a games at the same time ?? 🤔

TC4Ro0Z.gif

VargasPaPuM

Digital Foundry's weird obsession with ray tracing I find irritating. Like it's suddenly the most important aspect of a games presentation: whether it has a few realistic reflections and bounce lights in spots is the make or break of a games graphics. Lol!

Believe it or not Ampere graphics cards still have limited RT acceleration compared to how fast they need to be to make RT in AAA games a significant proportion of what we're seeing on screen. The next gen consoles are limited too of course. So RT is going to be limited to superficial effects for the AAA games they test this gen i.e not as important as they're making out.

You know what I think? Because they're having a hard time spotting resolution now (good, as zooming in 800% to count pixels is absurd if used to recommend one version over the other), which was almost 50% of their ammo for console war analysis videos this gen (the other being framerate of course), they've switched to focusing on RT as it's relatively easy to observe and analyse.
Well RT is the promissed chicken with golden eggs for this generation. They are not wrong

This BS needs to stop:

You should wait till console releases. Xbox fanboys are in full confidence mode now after Bethesda acquisition.
You also triggered them with that Halo 720p image 😂😂😂😂

VargasPaPuM

I don't think resolution matters if you're sitting 8 to 10 feet away from your 4k TV.
Can anyone tell from that distance if they're playing native 4k or upscaled, in fact could you tell its 1440p especially if you're whizzing around at 60fps. 🤔
Yes in the past everybody was calling this as argument. now after 1440p res. people are changing saying it is no a problem. lol 😂

Iced Arcade

Damn :lollipop_tears_of_joy: , the xbox trolls flooded it and spam reported it, it was an uphill climb over a mountain of trolls. Mods probably are too tired of monitoring it, so just closed it. One guy went suicidal there.

Ok, now we'll expose more BS in the future.
I don't know if it's milk, a nap or a hug but you need something

ArcaneNLSC

And where are those artifacts? And is it safe to call Halo 720p or worse on XSX according to these?

HaloVRS2.jpg

HaloVRS.jpg

By the way, many games have less than 4K assets on PC, and claimed as "native" 4K. I would love the same nitpicking done everywhere else. And no, it's 4K, reconstructed or not you won't notice it, because it's not the old checkerboarding method. Would the resolution drop? No one knows, and if someone claims so, SHOW US THE FUCKING EVIDENCE!

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

I have said for a very long time there are reasons why DF gets to fly out and get hands on with Xbox gear.

If only people knew but maybe some one will figure it out one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom