• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
When weren't they confident? Because not every game was available to preview?

They changed their tune at a couple points. Someone said all, then their twitter said most.. and then they finally made the "all except Kinect" statement.

It all happened earlier this year, and obviously it's all still in work, so there's always the possibility that they can't actually meet the promise.

Garani

Global illumination is raytracing but it is not using dedicated hardware.

I'll make it clear once more: I was talking about in machine hardware raytracing. Ray tracing has been out in the open since time immemorable, and year after yeat it got better and better. Most of ray tracing is in fact emulated and mostly pre-baked.

What you see in the UE5 tech demo does not use hardware ray tracing, because not every platform has access to hardware raytracing and Epic wanted to show their tech, not Sony's.

So, are we good on the topic? In my original post I was NOT implying that there is no form of ray tracing, but that the demo was NOT running on Sony's hardware ray tracing.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I agree there is no big deal about this, but it's kinda weird, no? like he recognizes there is a current program running, so not every game has been kinda "tested?" I think, so in one month they are going to "test?" the rest of the games "¿?", see the "?" I don't want to say they need to do A LOT to make the rest of the games available, just that is kinda weird so many games restricted with just one month to go...

You know, it's weird even if he says it's not...
A game not being available on the dashboard for those sent systems doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been tested.

Could just mean MS has no agreement to let rando media testers download for those games/publishers.. could mean anything really.

FranXico

ezgif-com-crop-33.gif
- Spread bullshit about PS5 BC, misquoting "only 100 PS4 games".
- Cry foul when other people misquote a 500 games number for Xbox.
ESw8qTdMVLfIql4mD3euwfqhq3si-nRjEmP2EP1CmpA.jpg

In other words, just another Tuesday in this console war.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Oh, okay. Thanks for the information. Admittedly, I don’t know much about frame rates other than I can notice significant changes in them when playing games. I appreciate you politely informing me.
Actually better/higher framerate makes the perception of framepace issues less evident.

Framepace is somethinig like that.

1 2 3 4 5 6... each frame is unique so a perfect framepace.
1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6.... each frame is repeated twice still a perfect framepace.

The issues start to happen when the repeat is not constant.

1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 6 6... see the the frame repeated are all ove the place without a regular sequence.

That is what happens with Bloodborne.
Now imagine if in the 10/30 seconds you have:

1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 6

In a 20/60 seconds you will have:

1 2 2 3 3 4 5 5 5 6 7 7 7 8 8 9 10 10 11 11

In the same time frame you have twice the frames being show and that makes your perception of the wronged frame space hard.

In 120fps or more you won't even say there is frame pace issues.
So while better frame rate didn't fix the issue it hide it from our perception.

Nowcry

I'll make it clear once more: I was talking about in machine hardware raytracing. Ray tracing has been out in the open since time immemorable, and year after yeat it got better and better. Most of ray tracing is in fact emulated and mostly pre-baked.

What you see in the UE5 tech demo does not use hardware ray tracing, because not every platform has access to hardware raytracing and Epic wanted to show their tech, not Sony's.

So, are we good on the topic? In my original post I was NOT implying that there is no form of ray tracing, but that the demo was NOT running on Sony's hardware ray tracing.

I understood that you were missing that UE5 demo because it had no hardware ray tracing support.

Which made my head jump a bit.

And see that the RT is a feature that matters little or nothing to me, I prefer that PS5 geometry engine and how it moves large amounts of polygons in UE5 and even in Demon Souls.

Better geomitrias and better models >>>>>>>>>>>> RT and 4k. but not HDR (OLED of course) xD. :messenger_winking_tongue:

ethomaz

Banned
Oh no. It’s nothing like Bloodborne. In fact, the total opposite. You try dodging a lot in Sekiro and you’re fucked. It’s all about perfect parrying and standing toe to toe with the enemy. Proper hard.
That is what makes me think it is easy... if it require pefect parrying then it should be easy to me... after you get the feeling it is basically impossible to miss one.

Last edited:

jose4gg

A game not being available on the dashboard for those sent systems doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been tested.

Could just mean MS has no agreement to let rando media testers download for those games/publishers.. could mean anything really.

Exactly, I trust MS regarding BC

xacto

i didn't expect to see PS5 gameplay for this game first :lollipop_beaming_smiling: looks cross gen. but a very clean cross gen.

I have never played Yakuza games before, I admit, but what the heck did I just see? A whole lotta people screaming, chasing Pokemons, and a bunch of colored explosions good enough to send ol' grandma into seizures?

Godfall made their seizure-inducing colorful effects a little better 😂

I have never played Yakuza games before, I admit, but what the heck did I just see? A whole lotta people screaming, chasing Pokemons, and a bunch of colored explosions good enough to send ol' grandma into seizures?

Godfall made their seizure-inducing colorful effects a little better 😂
oh, it is not a typical yakuza game. it feels really weird if you ask me.

Garani

I understood that you were missing that UE5 demo because it had no hardware ray tracing support.

To me it was a given, but I understand that there are so many people and at times you gotta spell things out.

Which made my head jump a bit.

No worries, and accept my apologies for my sarcastic reply.

And see that the RT is a feature that matters little or nothing to me, I prefer that PS5 geometry engine and how it moves large amounts of polygons in UE5 and even in Demon Souls.

Better geomitrias and better models >>>>>>>>>>>> RT and 4k. but not HDR (OLED of course) xD. :messenger_winking_tongue:

And I wholly agree with you on the matter! the GE will be a real game changer, and I have a feeling that it is a future RDNA3 feature that Sony developed and moved forward to the current chip. You remember when Cerny talked about taking things off the chip and replacing them with new/different tech. And if they did their homework well, the new tech will be backed in future RDNA generations.

Nowcry

To me it was a given, but I understand that there are so many people and at times you gotta spell things out.

No worries, and accept my apologies for my sarcastic reply.

And I wholly agree with you on the matter! the GE will be a real game changer, and I have a feeling that it is a future RDNA3 feature that Sony developed and moved forward to the current chip. You remember when Cerny talked about taking things off the chip and replacing them with new/different tech. And if they did their homework well, the new tech will be backed in future RDNA generations.

Now we must join forces to hunt down sircaw sircaw

I can not do it alone.

Gato-pescando.gif

Last edited:

Garani

Now we must join forces to hunt down sircaw sircaw

I can not do it alone.

Gato-pescando.gif

I think I'll just wait for the PS5 and XBox to get on the market and wait. I don't care about which is "better", I am invested in the PS ecosystem so I have every interest in continuing with the PS5, but I know that, as of now, I have seen things from the PS5, and I did really really like them, and pretty much next to nothing from the other camp.

And trust me, if the XBox is better, it will be a push for Sony to better themselves in the next iteration: competition is good.

DrDamn

I remember when Resogun launched on PS4 it ended up on PS Plus quickly. Same with Driveclub.

Destruction Allstars will definitely end up as a PS Plus game in 2021.

I love that they are funding this sort of title, I worry it's being set up to fail at that price point though.

sircaw

Banned
Man, if that were to happen to my kids, all hell would break loose in the house. There would be a bloodbath! Maybe I'd better not get that game. I have to save my family (it's already hard enough to survive from Fallguys!)

When i was young, and yes this is a long time ago, my brother and i used to love playing the board game monopoly.

There is something really wrong with that game, it brings out the worse in people,

i remember having like 10 hotels on Mayfair and my brother landed on it, i took pleasure in taking everything he owned, it ended up making my brother and i have a real physical fight, after we had stopped fighting, i told him he still owed me money lol.

To this day whenever i mention Monolpy, there is a hidden rage i can see within him. Sometimes i think if he could bury me in a ditch somewhere he would.

That brings me to that game, its perfect for us lol

LiquidRex

Why on the 28? Amd presentation it´s in the 8th...

Sorry my bad Ryzen in the 8th RDNA 2 in the 28th
Yeah 28th...so very close to PS5 launch. But I guess that's how its turned out. 🤔

All I can think is AMD will also reveal things regarding RDNA 3 too, which will also feature in the PS5, hence Sony's silence currently. 🤔 (NDAs)

xacto

I think I have to report Ethomaz for saying Blooborne is easy, I have played Blood borne and he is lying!
BO4irEp.jpg

I remember I tried Dark Souls, and I got dismantled. Again. And again. And then Bloodborne came out; and the good people of Reddit told me "nah, go ahead and play it! It's so much easier than Dark Souls, basically Bloodborne is for challenged people like you, who cannot play Dark Souls!"

And I drank that Kool Aid, I GULPED it. And they lied, mate, they're all liars. So I ended up looking at long loading screens, pre-patch, in Bloodborne. It was an amazing experience. Scarred my psyche. I went to Gamestop after a week, to give it back, and lady there "Wow! You finished it?!" I died inside.

After a couple of years, I bought it again, digital copy, and stuck with it, I am almost finished with it. While I improved my game, so to speak, it's still pretty harsh. I can only imagine my tears trying to play DS... which is supposedly way more difficult.

But sircaw sircaw can show me how it's done I guess.

xacto

Why do i get a triggered emote for talking about that portland Antifa skum from you Doncabesa Doncabesa , please don't tell me your one of those dudes, with a skateboard prepares.

Goddammit and you and i were just building bridges. :messenger_grinning:

So you built bridges just to see them burn? So it's true... some people just want to watch world burn. Yeah, another Batman reference, I know, it's getting old.

ethomaz

Banned
I remember I tried Dark Souls, and I got dismantled. Again. And again. And then Bloodborne came out; and the good people of Reddit told me "nah, go ahead and play it! It's so much easier than Dark Souls, basically Bloodborne is for challenged people like you, who cannot play Dark Souls!"

And I drank that Kool Aid, I GULPED it. And they lied, mate, they're all liars. So I ended up looking at long loading screens, pre-patch, in Bloodborne. It was an amazing experience. Scarred my psyche. I went to Gamestop after a week, to give it back, and lady there "Wow! You finished it?!" I died inside.

After a couple of years, I bought it again, digital copy, and stuck with it, I am almost finished with it. While I improved my game, so to speak, it's still pretty harsh. I can only imagine my tears trying to play DS... which is supposedly way more difficult.

But sircaw sircaw can show me how it's done I guess.
You need to learn parry.
If you have issue with parry then use that weapon.

hunter_blunderbuss.jpg

It will parry even when it is not your goal... the range is low but it parry any enemy that get in that range.

But I tell you if you can master the parry with the Pistol then you will destroy any enemy/boss in the game.

hunter_pistol.jpg

Dodge saves your life.
Parry destroy their lifes.

I faced a lot of guys that thinks that firearms are useless in the game when the game mechanics were made to parry with firearms.
There is nothing like that in DS that makes it that easy like BB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom