• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonGoku

Next Xbox announcement
IpDAgCi.gif

Fuck me for expecting anything else.

LordOfChaos

Guess that's it for Halo today... I thought the first showing was much more interesting, more ancient mystery, hints at a wide world. This looks more like tropeish Halo, "it's time to fight" blah blah.

bitbydeath

Zen 2

99% of everyone: Duh
1% nuts: WTF happened to Zen 3?!

Using the SSD as virtual RAM...Sounds like they ended up in a very similar spot as Sony.

I don’t know why anyone expected any different TBH.
Both are using AMD and both are releasing at the same time as one another.

sinnergy

Told you so , hardware accelerated ray tracing, bitches !!! Yeah!!! This will be the MS difference, Sony will have to do with a software solution at 1080p.

Last edited:

Von Hugh

I got absolutely nothing out of this presentation info or feelings side.

Aside from hardware ray-tracing. I guess that's fine.

No teraflop/memory bandwidth/GHz figures disclosed, as expected. This feels like a game of chess.

Who's going to spill the beans first? I think they'll both chicken out until E3 2020, when pre-orders will be ready to go.

At least we know it's a monolithic APU die (waiting for mm2 guesstimations), HW RT, 4 times more powerful vs Polaris GCN on X1X (sounds promising for RDNA efficiency improvements), 2GB/s SSD (40x faster vs current-gen).

bitbydeath

No teraflop/memory bandwidth/GHz figures disclosed, as expected. This feels like a game of chess.

Who's going to spill the beans first? I think they'll both chicken out until E3 2020, when pre-orders will be ready to go.

At least we know it's a monolithic APU die (waiting for mm2 guesstimations), HW RT, 4 times more powerful vs Polaris GCN on X1X (sounds promising for RDNA efficiency improvements), 2GB/s SSD (40x faster vs current-gen).

Probably Sony at PSX.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Well that is good news.
3rd parties shouldn’t be hindered by weak hardware.

ya this is what i was thinking. lockhart might just be a streaming box, or might have been an early concept they scrapped because they didn't want to have any hindrance like you said. I think its good news. selling one SKU is much better.

LordOfChaos

Halo game was running on scarlett.....did it look good? I didn't think it looked all that different from this gen..

Did they confirm that?

It did look very this gen, but it was also developed for this gen. They could have picked a scene that showed the next-gen advantage better if it was running on that. The engine demo was way more interesting than this.

Did the Lockhart idea get trashed?
This was a Scorpio-style event, but even more barebones (no 6TF/pixel quality memes).

Expect Lockhart unveiling (among other things) at E3 2020 with the $299 bomb/drop mic moment.

Halo game was running on scarlett.....did it look good? I didn't think it looked all that different from this gen..
Halo Infinite will also release on XB1, so that's the dev baseline.

They also touted 120 Hz quite a bit I must say, although I don't expect anything higher than 1080p at 120 fps (just for Competitive MP and that's it).

I like how they were talking about loading times but didn’t show anything of it.
They'll probably use a regular NVMe 1TB SSD with QLC NAND. 2GB/s sounds good.

ethomaz

Banned
Like I predicted MS played his turn of the chess game... shared what basically Sony shared plus a release date.

The fact they changed the claims to “the most powerful hardware we designed” tells about they not being confident to overpower Sony.

Plus all the rumos at E3 that PS5 is the strongest machine.

I’m becoming more and more confident with PS5 being again a good surprise to us.

Last edited:
Like I predicted MS played his turn of the chess game... shared what basically Sony shared plus a release date.

The fact they changed the claims to “the most powerful hardware we designed” tells about they not being confident to overpower Sony.

I’m becoming more and more confident with PS5 being again a good surprise to us.

Oh.

OHHHHH.

Well the SSD is more powerful for sure, since Scarlett is using a 2GB/s one and the PS5 will be using nextgen PCIe.

Achillias

You sure have been fallen for the Sony propoganda.

CyberPanda

Banned

Ya, no. Both will be the damn same.

Like it matters, after the relentless shitty E3s from everyone over the last couple of years, I’m probably gonna quit gaming altogether. Nothing really interests me anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom