• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.
They both better have vapor chamber cooling (minus Lockhart SKU), so that they can adjust clocks with a firmware update.

This game of chess will be very interesting for the next 18 months... I don't think Sony will reveal the exact specs either.

Aceofspades

Banned
Next Xbox announcement
IpDAgCi.gif

Fuck me for expecting anything else.

Hell even Phil was shaking while uttering the words "most powerful WE have ever created" in fear of tongue slipout 🤣

Like is it possible for a company to create a new gaming console less powerful than its predecessor?! 🤣

demigod

Put it this way. If nextbox was going to be the most powerful, they would’ve mentioned it just like when they revealed scorpio in 2016.

The fact that Phil had to change his tone from this E3 than 2018 E3 means he’s no longer confident that they will have the most powerful console. At best both consoles will be the same, at worse Sony might be better.

Put it this way. If nextbox was going to be the most powerful, they would’ve mentioned it just like when they revealed scorpio in 2016.

The fact that Phil had to change his tone from this E3 than 2018 E3 means he’s no longer confident that they will have the most powerful console. At best both consoles will be the same, at worse Sony might be better.
Not if they don’t know. No sense in becoming a meme if each side has no idea what the other is making.

Last edited:

Achillias

How can you mention something when you don't know what your rival have done yet. That wouldn't make any kind of logical sense.

SonGoku

Precicesily you can't guarantee that
How can you mention something when you don't know what your rival have done yet. That wouldn't make any kind of logical sense.
uhm... that's precisely what phill did last year lol

FranXico

Well, the best for gamers is that the two consoles are so close in power, that any differences of 3rd party games are for the most part irrelevant. That will force MS and Sony to provide better (and more) first party games.

Does anyone else think that the 1.25x Navi efficiency improvement is actually higher for consoles? More like 2x due to secret sauce (TBDR, HW RT) or whatever?

If they deliver a 12 TF console, 4x makes sense. It can't just be 1.25x (12 TF RDNA equivalent to 15 TF Polaris GCN flops would be only 2.5x faster).

Yea, cause they are gonna be relatively the damn same. Who cares what power these things have?
I agree with that.

The majority still has 1080p TVs (just like in 2013), but this time around BOTH consoles will easily deliver 1080p (or maybe even 1440p) at 60 fps. There will be no 720-900p BS.

11 vs 12 TF or 12 vs 13 TF differences will be inconsequential this time around. Nobody will care, except possibly DF and their 400% magnification tools on 4KTVs, lol.

My gut feeling says services (and more precisely Game Pass) will be the game changer/differentiator this time around.

Tons of 1st party AAA games day 1 on Game Pass means you're gonna save a lot of money and that matters a lot, more so with Ultimate that includes the DLC as well.

It's the re-imagining of their always online DRM 2013 plan, but they're just being smart this time around (millions of gamers are taking advantage of the $1/month Game Pass offer) instead of being draconian. Good call, MS!

Achillias

Go ask your overlord why he made that statement last year.
Typical boneheaded statement from a person who doesn't make any kind of sense. You might have a human overlord but I don't. So next time ask your overlord to send you the right information.

joe_zazen

Yea, cause they are gonna be relatively the damn same. Who cares what power these things have? All they fucking show at E3 are cringe worthy CGI trailers anyway. So sick of it.

No argument here. And tbh, the more realistic the graphics get, the more the AAA violence turns me off.

Fuck, am i going to become a nintendo gamer?

Geki-D

Banned
It's already been said but just to add, Phil didn't just say the next Xbox would be more powerful, he PROMISED all future Xbox consoles would always be the most powerful.

Aceofspades

Banned

This is what we tried to convince you since after Wierd PS5 reveal. But no, Xbox fans were talking trash PS5 and millions "insiders" started poping out trying their best to deflate PS5 hype while emphasizing MS cash abilities and their 2 tiers strategy in order to "go all out" distroying Sony. Just fucking look at Reeee thread or even here and you will see what I meant.

Come today, when reality hits, and your lord and saviour Phil hasn't delivered your Zen 3 beast . You guys started acting rational? That poor Phill didn't know Sony specs..booohooo 😭

demigod

Typical boneheaded statement from a person who doesn't make any kind of sense. You might have a human overlord but I don't. So next time ask your overlord to send you the right information.

Ok fine, go ask Phil why he made that statement last year, happy now?

Fake

Like I predicted MS played his turn of the chess game... shared what basically Sony shared plus a release date.

The fact they changed the claims to “the most powerful hardware we designed” tells about they not being confident to overpower Sony.

Plus all the rumos at E3 that PS5 is the strongest machine.

I’m becoming more and more confident with PS5 being again a good surprise to us.

Well, kinda expected after that wired article reaction.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

I think one definite takeaway is that MS is also only releasing one console as their next generation machine. No more two-tiered release.

They might still have a $99 xcloud only thing that they wont talk about until super close to release so dedicated hardware console fans don't riot. But yeah, i don't see the a 4-6TF machine happening.

FranXico

They might still have a $99 xcloud only thing that they wont talk about until super close to release so dedicated hardware console fans don't riot. But yeah, i don't see the a 4-6TF machine happening.
A dedicated streaming machine, that's another story. A low-end machine for running games natively, though, would have had consequences on game development.

Geki-D

Banned
I think one definite takeaway is that MS is also only releasing one console as their next generation machine. No more two-tiered release.
So I guess every leak & rumour that mentions Anaconda can be waived off as fake. The funny thing is that as far as I'm aware, none of these leaks dropped the bomb that Anaconda was seemingly no longer a thing which shows how reliable they are. And devs getting devkits would know that a second console doesn't exist.

Achillias

This is what we tried to convince you since after Wierd PS5 reveal. But no, Xbox fans were talking trash PS5 and millions "insiders" started poping out trying their best to deflate PS5 hype while emphasizing MS cash abilities and their 2 tiers strategy in order to "go all out" distroying Sony. Just fucking look at Reeee thread or even here and you will see what I meant.

Come today, when reality hits, and your lord and saviour Phil hasn't delivered your Zen 3 beast . You guys started acting rational? That poor Phill didn't know Sony specs..booohooo 😭
You're a weirdo. Who are you trying to fool? First of all; don't speak for a group of people, only speak for yourself. With your "Xbox fans blabla" retorica.

Secondly; you are probably a child, when you refer to a person, who just works for a company, as a lord and an saviour. Is that the current state you're in? Than go worship your lord, but don't project such kind of silly remarks. Keep them for yourself and enjoy your Sony lord.

Last edited:

joe_zazen

So I guess every leak & rumour that mentions Anaconda can be waived off as fake. The funny thing is that as far as I'm aware, none of these leaks dropped the bomb that Anaconda was seemingly no longer a thing which shows how reliable they are. And devs getting devkits would know that a second console doesn't exist.

It is interesting the lack of leaks this go round. I imagine these companies show all employees.how the internet treats leakers (it eats them) and how companies treat them (they sue them).

Aceofspades

Banned
You're a weirdo. Who are you trying to fool? First of all don't speak for a group of people only speak for yourself. With your "Xbox fans blabla" retorica. Secondly you are probably a child, when you refer to a person, who works for a company, as a lord and a saviour. Is that the current state you're in? Than go worship your lord, but don't project it.

Was it your first time hearing the name Lord Phill?! I won't engage with you more because I feel you will deny Xbox existence all together 🤣

Good job on MS ... Seems like their fans started "Jumping out" lol

Geki-D

Banned
Scarlett is their next-gen project.
Anaconda is the codename of the premium device.
So why wasn't it mentioned? You reckon next E3 they're going to announce it? Won't that sort of undercut this year's Scarlett announcement?
It is interesting the lack of leaks this go round. I imagine these companies show all employees.how the internet treats leakers (it eats them) and how companies treat them (they sue them).
Plenty of leakers get treated like royalty online when the stuff they say is barely true. Obviously a leaker who says stuff with no proof and actually turns out to be wrong is gonna have a hard time.

Last edited:

demigod

So why wasn't it mentioned? You reckon next E3 they're going to announce it? Won't that sort of undercut this year's Scarlett announcement?

Plenty of leakers get treated like royalty online when the stuff they say is barely true. Obviously a leaker who says stuff with no proof and actually turns out to be wrong is gonna have a hard time.

No because Anaconda and Lockhart are both the "Scarlett Family".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom