• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achillias

Was it your first time hearing the name Lord Phill?! I won't engage with you more because I feel you will deny Xbox existence all together 🤣

Good job on MS ... Seems like their fans started "Jumping out" lol
You need some help, those hallucinations of yours are really something else. Fantasizing about your lord Phill clearly has done something to you. You're full of crap.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
There’s only one console now and it’s named Scarlett.
There is only one project right now called Scarlet.... we don’t know how many consoles MS will release next year.

What MS shared today is common between all Anaconda and Lockhart rumors.

If only one console exists I don’t know but what happened today doesn’t make the rumor either true or false.

They continue being rumors without confirmation.

Last edited:
It is interesting the lack of leaks this go round. I imagine these companies show all employees.how the internet treats leakers (it eats them) and how companies treat them (they sue them).
Don't forget this:

AMD as a semi-custom business has signed NDA contracts with both Sony and MS.

Contrary to the popular belief, they have NO freedom to disclose the exact PS5 specs (CUs, clocks etc.) to MS and vice versa.

That's why both companies are playing a game of chess.

I can already imagine Gears 5 & Halo Infinite MP running at 120 fps, but what about the player pools? Will 60 fps peasants complain about a "competitive advantage" or what?

Not to mention that the 40x loading times improvement (50 MB/s HDD vs 2 GB/s NVMe SSD) will provide instant loading times, but not if you have to wait for XB1 users to load map assets from 5400 RPM HDDs.

Achillias

I can already imagine Gears 5 & Halo Infinite MP running at 120 fps, but what about the player pools? Will 60 fps peasants complain about a "competitive advantage" or what?

Not to mention that the 40x loading times improvement (50 MB/s HDD vs 2 GB/s NVMe SSD) will provide instant loading times, but not if you have to wait for XB1 users to load map assets from 5400 RPM HDDs.

120 FPS is great and all but that means buying a new TV is a must if you want to fully use the potential.

First Sony fanboys are delusional about 120 fps, but now is all true?
We're talking about cross-gen games (Halo Infinite, Gears 5) with an XB1 dev baseline. Halo 5 and Gears of War 4 already support 60 fps PvP on Jaguar at 1.75 GHz.

Having 5x CPU power and 4x GPU power makes the 120 fps dream (at 1080p max, no 4K/8K) come true for PvP players, don't you think? SP will stay at 60 fps, obviously.

CyberPanda

Banned
Maybe ethomaz should have posted this instead of just one quote form Matt to put things into perspective:

The only difference will be the logo on the boxes. Yawn.

ethomaz

Banned

It’s actually curious because one thing Microsoft was not doing was strutting about saying they had built the most powerful console ever made. Their chose of words was deliberate, they said it’s “the most powerful console we’ve ever made,” and there are rumblings from industry insiders that the PS5 actually might have a slight power edge over Scarlett. Back when it was PS4 Pro versus Xbox One X, all Microsoft could talk about was its power advantage. Now? Not so much.

That come from somebody at E3 so the rumors about PS5 having the edge in power like the tweet guy said looks to be real.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Maybe ethomaz should have posted this instead of just one quote form Matt to put things into perspective:

The only difference will be the logo on the boxes. Yawn.
I shared quote from Matt? 🤔

What he said is the same I said... MS and Sony are playing Chess.

Last edited:

stetiger

That 4x over the X1X is such bullshit though. How did they arrive to that number? That being said 2GB/s would put it far below the expected speed of sony's SSD. Which according to Cerny has to be 4GB/s+ since we can't buy those yet

TeamGhobad

Banned
That 4x over the X1X is such bullshit though. How did they arrive to that number? That being said 2GB/s would put it far below the expected speed of sony's SSD. Which according to Cerny has to be 4GB/s+ since we can't buy those yet
the CPU is 4x more powerful. insane that MS could fuck up the messaging again..

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

That come from somebody at E3 so the rumors about PS5 having the edge in power like the tweet guy said looks to be real.

CyberPanda

Banned
Which post are you linking? gofreak's?
05-F085-C6-8112-4333-BB18-05-A8520073-C6.jpg

vpance

So Scarlett 24GB GDDR6, and PS5 16GB HBM2 at 880GB/s (old Osiris rumor)?

MS probably want to keep things simple on architectural side, so they can just swap out some chips with less RAM for the cut down Lockhart version, thus going with GDDR6.

Fake

At least they confimed the video memory of the nextbox: GDDR6. Is more hard for devs if those two next gen consoles have distinct VRAM?

Last edited:
Looks like I was right earlier.
Devs aren’t talking about Xbox yet because the dev kits haven’t been released.

Wat.

So Sony might actually get ahead and release their nextgen first. Since it's a fact that their devkits are out.

vpance

What makes you say that?

If you're referring to the 24GB part they showed 12 chips on the mobo. For the HBM guess I'm thinking that would be the best way to get a bigger APU budget with adequate bandwidth if PS5 is more powerful like devs are saying.

SonGoku

If you're referring to the 24GB part they showed 12 chips on the mobo. For the HBM guess I'm thinking that would be the best way to get a bigger APU budget with adequate bandwidth if PS5 is more powerful like devs are saying.
They showed a mobo pic? :O
I don't think Sony will go with HBM2 too expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom