• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I made the comment on that. I heard that around beginning of November last year. I heard when you Used the Hardware RT solution with the Direct X Ray Tracing it was Pain, And very Tedious.

Yet that was what I heard 3 months ago. SDK do get updated. I don’t know if that is still the case or not.
A few have mentioned this the person tht was most vocal was Tommy Fisher who mentioned it months ago and was the first source I heard it from.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

For anyone wanting to continue to war, take it to this one.

If it continues, you will be removed from this one and placed into that.

CyberPanda

Banned
Can't wait to see what Forza Horizon will look like on XSX with all the RT bells and whistles enabled. From what I've seen RT reflections have the biggest impact on visuals out of all the RTX features. Racing games are the perfect showcase for real-time RT reflections with all the shiny cars, mirrors, and puddles. Curious to see how their RT implementation works.
Welcome back!!!!

DJ12

Instantly insulting with the fanboy stuff, well done. No need for it. Why? Confirmation of 12tf to put myself as what? The only thing I’ve said is that it’s good to be proven right, as in, everything I’ve said has been legit? That makes me a fan boy?

Hey guess what. I’ve also said a lot about PS5 based on a few facts and background details too. If that comes right as well, does that make me a PlayStation fanboy?

I’m having a hard time understanding your logic here mate. I’ve done nothing but talk about the spec of both, talk about the facts, and give what I know. I’ve tried my best to leave fanboy rubbish out of it. I’ve never once said that I don’t side with MS over PlayStation, but that doesn’t mean I’m not a Sony fan. This appear to be a hard thing for some of you to grasp; it’s ok to like both, but both, but like one more.

And as for you not seeing any Sony fans melting down, well... I’m not even sure I can reply to that. YoU should work for Trump 🤣
Newsflash, the fanboy insult came 1 post ago when you agreed.

Have you seen the movie split?, which o'duim is this, the one pretending not to be a massive xbox fan?

Anyway, enjoy your preference. I hope it brings you comfort and joy. Contrary to what this o'dium believes, it doesn't affect my life in anyway. I am as pleased for you as I am other xbox fans that the news we had months ago, and by at least 3 insiders, fake or legit on this very forum, has been confirmed again and brought you so much joy.
not Sony - Sony fans on here. There is so much back peddling going on with what people said and are now saying it’s like a match of quake 3 arena. People are dropping right into angry insult mode, and for what? because Xbox bought their a game, and they are still waiting on Sony?
Delusional.

Last edited:

44alltheway

On my Twitter. Xbox is number one trend? as for buzz, of course dont will always get more, they are more liked? But you can’t talk about next gen competition without mentioning the competition 🤣
that might be because that's what you focus on on twitter? Generally, the trends today have focused on Kobe and the Weinstein hearing. In the end, this really doesn't matter.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'

Have you seen the movie split?, which o'duim is this, the one pretending not to be a massive xbox fan?

Anyway, enjoy your preference. I hope it brings you comfort and joy. Contrary to what this o'dium believes, it doesn't affect my life in anyway. I am as pleased for you as I am other xbox fans that the news we had months ago, and by at least 3 insiders, fake or legit on this very forum, has been confirmed again and brought you so much joy.

I’m really sorry that the “your PlayStation 5”part of my original post hurt you so much, you’re in my thoughts at this dark time.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
that might be because that's what you focus on on twitter? Generally, the trends today have focused on Kobe and the Weinstein hearing. In the end, this really doesn't matter.

Doubt it, the twitter account I’m signed into atm is my book author account, it’s barely used for anything other than books, writing and the like.

Well, PS fans are angry because MS took the storefront and showed their game while Sony is still keeping them in the dark. But the way you write, it's like today news let them angry as it confirmed Xbox have the edge. We have no new PS specs revealed AT ALL to make any assumption.
From what I observed, most people speculated that both consoles are about the same in power and whether one is more powerful than the other, that doesn't matter. I really do not see these angry PS fans that this person repeatedly claimed.

BGs

Industry Professional
Sorry but it's a few days of unbridled madness. Another event we were going to attend this week may be canceled by the C-19.

I will clarify several things, you have the bad habit of taking too many things for granted. From the important text that I presented the other day, many remained with the only most irrelevant part.

The new black and cold machine is not a devkit. It is a renderfarm of 26TF. The second most powerful of the company (the most powerful is 48TF).

I can't say anything about the devkits. Although I can say something now that Microsoft has officially published the "number". And what I can say is the following:

If XsX is "12TF" then PS5 is not "9.2TF".

Similarly, if PS5 is "9.2TF" then XsX is not "12TF".

For the rest, your imagination.

I am glad to see that in the survey there is no option of 13.8TF.

giphy.gif

jonnyp

Remember the so-called experts in this thread that laughed at anyone saying the consoles would have Zen 2 8-core CPUs and 1080-levels of GPU power? Or when they laughed even harder when we mentioned SSDs? And then when we mentioned the GPUs might be RDNA 2 they almost fell off their chair?

Yeah, eat crow, bitches!

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Im so sorry today has been hard for you 🤣

Woooaah!

Slow down there buddy, what ever you´re inhaling ... don´t get an overdose! You must be in heaven right now, so not going to ruin your parade. After all these years of vaporware, trashtalk, pr-spin and never ending 180º since the kinect years (2009). Ya went thru hell!

Let´s just hope, that Ryse 2.0 can finally render more enemy models and not the same one copied all over the level / be actually a good game.

:messenger_poop:

Last edited:
Anyone know the performance gains when comparting GCN to RDNA to RDNA2?

If RDNA is 1.5x better than GCN, what would RDNA 2 be to RDNA? This should matter shouldn't it?

Entroyp

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't know if this was light trolling or genuine, but I kind of agree with it regardless. After the final E3 before this gen launched, it was not unreasonable (IMO) to wonder if they were trying to replace our 360's or our cable boxes.

I’m serious. The 360 was one hell of a well designed console. Then they gave us the one, which was a designed for TV first? Or Kinect? Who knows.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Woooaah!

Slow down there buddy, what ever you´re inhaling ... don´t get an overdose! You must be in heaven right now, so not going to ruin your parade. After all these years of vapoware, trashtalk, pr-spin and never ending 180º since the kinect years (2009). Ya went thru hell!

Let´s just hope, that Ryse 2.0 can finally render more enemy models and not the same one copied all over the level / be actually a good game.

:messenger_poop:

That’s fucking bullshit and you know it.

One level had ghosts.

Lort

Banned
This user has been removed from the thread. You have been warned many times prior and seem to ignore mod warnigns and posts in your warrior derailing crusade.
Who was the insider who said that the ps5 devkits were 12 tflops but were only 10 tflops for retail. that could explain klee's predictions since he saw the specs but didnt realize they were just devkit specs.

^ i am guessing you didnt see the mod of war warning on the last page. RIP Lort.

I never said anything about the xbox being more powerful.. im just reading the vibe here ... 12 hours ago every post was super lamenting no Sony news.... its like Microsoft is trolling them not me.

In the last few pages we have had people post memes that xbox has no games .. or completely off topic images of playstation 3 games. I was told that’s totally fine. If I get banned for having such an on point meme it says more about neogaf than it does about me.

Last edited:

demigod

Sorry but it's a few days of unbridled madness. Another event we were going to attend this week may be canceled by the C-19.
I can't say anything about the devkits. Although I can say something now that Microsoft has officially published the "number". And what I can say is the following:

This is what most of us that aren't delusional with the github has been saying. Thank You for the confirmation!

Last edited:

Paulxo87

Remember the so-called experts in this thread that laughed at anyone saying the consoles would have Zen 2 8-core CPUs and 1080-levels of GPU power? Or when they laughed even harder when we mentioned SSDs? And then when we mentioned the GPUs might be RDNA 2 they almost fell off their chair?

Yeah, eat crow, bitches!

This is the PC crowd. Who are always in a perpetual state of total ignorance/denial as to how much profit is actually made off of thousand dollar GPU's, as well as other off the shelf hardware. High end gaming PC parts are considered an enthusiast market and thus command high end enthusiast prices

Who was the insider who said that the ps5 devkits were 12 tflops but were only 10 tflops for retail. that could explain klee's predictions since he saw the specs but didnt realize they were just devkit specs.

^ i am guessing you didnt see the mod of war warning on the last page. RIP Lort.

That would not justify Klee, because Klee always defended that PS5 was 10% above 12 Tflops.

DaGwaphics

The xbox sounds fantastic. I like the idea of continuing to play games on Xbox. I like the controller a lot better than the DS4. Honest truth. I'm just an Xbox fanboy. If I lead somebody on, I'm sorry about that.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Just to flip it a second...

You all know that all Sony hd to do is show footage of a next gen game and it would knock all this right out of the public view right?

Like if they dropped a Demons Souls trailer, or God Of War or something, Xbox would be down the news list?

And this is what’s so puzzling to everybody, it’s that Sony doesn’t even have to release specs to be heavily talked about. They released a fucking logo that some intern knocked up in 2 minutes and look what happened.

At this stage Sonys silence is deafening.

Last edited:

Fdkenzo

I will clarify several things, you have the bad habit of taking too many things for granted. From the important text that I presented the other day, many remained with the only most irrelevant part.

The new black and cold machine is not a devkit. It is a renderfarm of 26TF. The second most powerful of the company (the most powerful is 48TF).

giphy.gif
👏🏻 Finaly a logical comment!

I never said anything about the xbox being more powerful.. im just reading the vibe here ... 12 hours ago every post was super lamenting no Sony news.... its like Microsoft is trolling them not me.

In the last few pages we have had people post memes that xbox has no games .. or completely off topic images of playstation 3 games. I was told that’s totally fine. If I get banned for having such an on point meme it says more about neogaf than it does about me.
By lamenting, you mean people who lack any patience and to quote BGs, "taking too many things for granted". Any actual lamentation expressed in this thread was on how China and the WHO poorly handled the COVID-19 disaster, and how that has affected everything.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

Delusional.

I’m really sorry that the “your PlayStation 5”part of my original post hurt you so much, you’re in my thoughts at this dark time.

Knock it off and let this argument die.

Arkam

Glad MS gave us a few more details, helps know what the boxes are packing...but I want to see games. I cant play specs... so its harder to get excited. Someone needs to drop some megaton gameplay sizzle reels.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned

giphy.gif

Lol, If MS literally saying 12TF GPU using RDNA 2.0 tech isn't enough for you, your're hopeless

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
As a gamer who has enjoyed both company’s products every generation, I’m very happy to read the specs from Xbox. I’m just as disappointed in the lack of info from Sony as I am in my excitement from Xbox. In the end, what will matter is whatever is revealed by pre order time from both camps. Once that happens, I will forget my current level of displeasure about lack of PlayStation detail and evaluate then.

Also, currently.. F U and your silence. F U

sincerely,
Someone who primarily games on a PlayStation (Currently).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom