• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxer

How can the smoke trails be lit in a dark room from a shotgun muzzle flash? The flash would happen and light up the room, then the smoke would form when it is already dark again. So how do you see those smoke trails in the dark room reacting to the light?
Exactly right. All the games I play are pitch black. No flops needed.

I'm pretty sure more than one light source is a thing.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Game 000000 O. “Newer tools are much more refined for Sony’s machine. XseX is slightly ahead in Spec on new gdk.” They do not have final PSV Development kit and the person I know that has access to it won’t talk about it. Asked about numbers “12.2/12.4 not exactly numbers that is how minimal the difference is.” As far as the game, I’ll write up what I just saw and talked about when I’m not on my phone.

Does this mean there is a chance for 13TF in the final?

Neo Blaster

DCEGAECXUAI3K09.jpg

DCEFPECXgAQ4XZa.jpg

Dont ever underestimate insecurity manifesting itself in embarrassing displays of overcompensation.
Man, if the negligible edge goes to PS5:
giphy.gif

IkarugaDE

Man, some people here seems to think a 2TF more on their box lets grow their tail for the same amount of inches. Thought we all are grown up.

Gudji

You a believer in string theory, Sony might need it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

No, I'm a believer on not being a fanboy.
It's not like uplocks are exclusive to MS.
We don't even know how the PS5 looks like or what is packing on the cooling department.
You guys are getting really excited and in the end the machines will be so close on overall performance that you probably won't talk about it anytime soon. lmao

Fun Fanboy

Banned
you were there? Lucky.

Was this at E3 or xbox fuckfest?

I mean fanfest.
FanFest. We were about to go into the presser after that.

We don't even know how the PS5 looks like or what is packing on the cooling department.
You guys are getting really excited and in the end the machines will be so close on overall performance that you probably won't talk about it anytime soon. lmao
The people throwing around the word fanboy on others all the time, seem to be the most closeted of them all.

Hence why I'm out in the open baby. And fun! Wait.

Last edited:

sinnergy

They just shift to: but the SSD is faster ! You see that one pixel it looks brighter!

DaGwaphics

Who's getting excited about anything? We're just having some fun.

Gudji

how i gonna see it if both are going to be locked at 60fps? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

You won't. Go watch any benchmark from RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Super/RTX 2080 Ti, you'll notice the difference in frame because they're displayed on screen, that's about it.
It's not like PS5 is using an older GPU vs a new GPU on XSX, a performance gap will never be big.

Last edited:
Partial tests not showing all CUs and RT cores with a stress test at 2000Mhz, 18>36>54.

Yeah I've still been entertaining a future Oberon stepping that might have an extra block of CUs on it. Either 48 or 54 (the latter is a clean tripling of 18). And FWIW, Arden was in that Github leak and somewhat fits the naming scheme, it just has not had any further benchmarks uncovered that we know of.

So I guess all we need is a future GPU benchmark leak/datamine reflecting/confirming all this and we'd be peachy good. Would probably still be named Oberon but could be Arden I guess (assuming Arden is related to PS5; IIRC Arden isn't a Shakespear character but there've been a series of modern-ish books published in the Arden Shakespear line dating back to 1995).

I think D darkinstinct 's question about the 2GHz clocks and clocks for regression testing is still valid but it's possible they were just trying to push that version of Oberon to get near a performance target while waiting for more mature silicon. So it's possible the Oberon steppings so far are max 40CU chips but there's been a later stepping or revision with more CUs on it coming down the production line after those. Not sure if it would still be called Oberon or something else however (I mean, wouldn't a chip with revisions that big be classified under a different name?).

Gediminas

Banned
You won't. Go watch any benchmark from RTX 2080/RTX 2080 Super/RTX 2080 Ti, you'll notice the difference in frame because they're displayed on screen, that's about it.
It's not like PS5 is using an older GPU vs a new GPU on XSX, a performance gap will never be big.
that's what i meant. developers will hit 60fps 99,99% of the time. 1tf will be saved on softer shadows or lower textures where those don't matter. either way you won't see any different on the tv or display without zooming 400 times.
so no need to brag about 1tf.

Banned
The SSD controller hasn't been confirmed; it's possible that Phison controller could be for Lockhart, we simply don't know. Same applies to PS5.

okay, so you think that lockhart has one that maxes out at 3.7 ... which is the next one up from there? if Lockhart can do 3.7GB/s and the series X has a faster controller is it realistic to think that that SSD can then only do 3.8GB/s? that doesn't sound very likely does it?

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Why would any game developer know the price. And why would anybody ever think to use 8gb for the damn OS. If you have 8gb for your OS you dun fucked up boys. And controller battery life?

Oh bugger off haha

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
it runs WIndows 10 and always starts Chrome with 200 tabs at start-up! obviously!

oh lord, it all makes sense, why didn’t I think of this!

Lol why the fuck sony would make u rebuy ps4 exclusives ? Zero sense

I never even caught this... so the easiest BC to do is the one players will get shafted on?!

THATS BEAUTIFUL! 🤣

This is some amazingly dumb trolling on Reddit lol.

IkarugaDE

that sounds so damn fishy lol... imagine Sony coming on stage telling you... "BTW! YOU CAN PLAY ALL YOUR PS4 GAMES ON THE PS5 FOR FREE!!!! EXCEEEEEPT FOR EXCLUSIVES, WE ARE GIGANTIC FUCKING DIPSHIT ASSHOLES AND WILL CHARGE YOU AGAIN FOR OUR EXCLUSIVES AND ONLY FOR THOSE!!! MUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"
If the joker is performing that speech it would be so awesome!

IkarugaDE

I was thinking more Jim Ryan doing it, then turns to the camera and pulls his face off Mission Impossible style showing himself to be Phil Spencer, winks to the camera then whispers “for the players”.

Pigeons fly into the ceiling fan.

Boom. Feathers everywhere. Directed by John Woo.
Such a shit is the reason why I like to come here every day even there are no news. :D

Game 000000 O. “Newer tools are much more refined for Sony’s machine. XseX is slightly ahead in Spec on new gdk.” They do not have final PSV Development kit and the person I know that has access to it won’t talk about it. Asked about numbers “12.2/12.4 not exactly numbers that is how minimal the difference is.” As far as the game, I’ll write up what I just saw and talked about when I’m not on my phone.
I don't understood here,are you saying your source has the latest dev kit for XsX and the one for PSV is not the latest? If so,can you say what is the one they have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom