• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-Gen PS5 & XSX |OT| Console tEch threaD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sircaw

Banned
I will slice you in half, your ass crack will be extended infinitely. :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

kljj.jpg

I got News for you, I will strap Geordiemp to the front end of my bonnet and use him as buffer to PileDrive you into Oblivion.

Look out for the Red thing on wheels is coming for ya.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Hey everyone!

How's it going? Good? Good.

Let's move on from the meta commentary about each respected fanbase, especially towards those within our community. It only serves as antagonism that invites criticisms and hostilities which makes for reading these threads, unpleasant for the rest of us.

Keep that in check, since that type of thread derailment and juvenile theatrics will not be tolerated when there comes time for the reboot.

Thank you, and have a most splendid day!

HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
The only thing yet that i don't like at all is game's title. It's not catchy. It is long and generic. "Hey, mate, wanna play DesTuCtiOn AllStaRs???" Don't like it at all, frankly speaking. Maybe it will grown on me eventually.

Yes, but we'll understand it if we see like Kratos, Nathan Drake, and other PS icnonic figures intruduced into the game, I'm more than sure they didn't wanna spoil that! And maybe make those characters free if you buy this god of war game or that, or buy the character from the store.

Yes, but we'll understand it if we see like Kratos, Nathan Drake, and other PS icnonic figures intruduced into the game, I'm more than sure they didn't wanna spoil that! And maybe make those characters free if you buy this god of war game or that, or buy the character from the store.
That would be so cool and I'd be more onboard with it if it has "allstars" from across the PS family.

that's bs there's no way 80CU can go at 2055Mhz unless there's freezer on card. just look at xsex 52CU at 1825mhz so in reality 80CU would be around 1600Mhz.
Even when I also believe the leak is false I will not use a console as metric in order to know how much the clock of a GPU can reach because first the console
also has the CPU inside the SoC and because PC could already have more extreme cooling solution than the new consoles.

And finally because the XSX follows a more traditional approach (locked clocks) the clock of its components are already under what the same chip in PC can reach.

Latest Moores law is dead rumour about big navi, Note the boost clock speed, looks awfully familiar

looks fake..

This is obviously fake.
Please for the love of god, do not throw this around as being legitimate.

When Sony was ever ready for anything?

Pretty sure they are ready. They currently make more money off of Network services alone, than the whole of Xbox.

Last edited:

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Who closed the door last time, lol.

I'm ok with it, but would love a PS5 meta thread. :messenger_smiling_hearts:

Closed it for a few minutes so the post could be read, and not buried.

There are a couple of threads already.

And the one over in the Communities section for all things PlayStation.

sircaw

Banned
Hey everyone!

How's it going? Good? Good.

Let's move on from the meta commentary about each respected fanbase, especially towards those within our community. It only serves as antagonism that invites criticisms and hostilities which makes for reading these threads, unpleasant for the rest of us.

Keep that in check, since that type of thread derailment and juvenile theatrics will not be tolerated when there comes time for the reboot.

Thank you, and have a most splendid day!

HighlevelBlackAlligatorgar-size_restricted.gif

Like to report some one for threatening physical violence against me by threatening to drive me over, I am offended, + remember ALL LIVES MATTER.
Including Fish.

If you don't do something i will take to Twitter and the Horde will advance on you.
Meds time.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bored of continuous FUD campaigns? You feel like your positive vibes getting ruined by alts all the time? Don't feel you get enough PS5 news?

Here is your remedy! A thread that's %100 FUD-free!

Join us today!

Last edited:

IkarugaDE

Bored of continuous FUD campaigns? You feel like your positive vibes getting ruined by alts all the time? Don't feel you get enough PS5 news?

Join us today!
I will come over after this thread is dead 😁

Bo_Hazem

Banned
This in spades! Well put!

I don't understand the concern about availability of games, especially after the last reveal. There were what...about 15 games shown that will be releasing at launch, or very, very close to launch with a few that are coming 2021. That's in ADDITION to the multi-platforms that we know about. Also, there are notably a few studios that were missing from that presentation and are being held back to give Sony more to talk about prior to launch. What is Naughty Dog developing besides TLOU2? How about the studio working God of War? The others as well.

This is easily the most games I've seen shown for a console launch that again are launching with or very shortly after a console (if all goes as planned, of course). No doubt some of those titles will be delayed to some extent. That's the business though. I'm very pleased with what's been shown so far and I think we will all be very happy within a short time of the launch if not right exactly then. Same goes for MS. Plenty of titles have been shown. MS probably is saving some of the exclusives for reveal closer to launch as well.

That's 100% false, the last sentence. They will not have exclusives at least for 1-2 years as the head of Xbox studios, Matt Booty, said. People hoping so are setting themselves for a devastating disappointment.

GAF machine

doesnt quotes like this make you think its gonna be 600

Nah, but when Mark Cerny and Jim Ryan start expressing sentiments similar to those of Ken Kutaragi on the matter of price, that tells me I should expect PS5/DE to launch at $499/$399 respectively...

“Whether consumers think a product is expensive or cheap all depends on the balance between its appeal and price,"... "We want people to feel that they want it, no matter what" - Ken Kutaragi

"I’m aware that with all these technologies, the PS3 can’t be offered at a price that’s targeted towards households"... "So we’re going to have to do our best (in containing the price)." - Ken Kutaragi

"I believe that we will be able to release it at an SRP [suggested retail price] that will be appealing to gamers in light of its advanced feature set." - Mark Cerny

"But I think this will sharpen our need to ensure that we focus on getting the value equation right. And I emphasise value as opposed to price. We must be more attentive than ever before to ensure that the overall value proposition in terms of the console and the games - the range of games, the quality of games, the quantity of games - makes this something that our community aspires towards." - Jim Ryan

From these quotes I infer $499/$399 because 1) unlike PS3, PS5/DE aren't shouldering the burden of introducing a new expensive to produce disc format, and 2) their chipsets were pulled from the bargain bin.

Last edited:

realcool

Join us today!

0WMuBBZ.jpg

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Players Won’t Feel Too Much Difference on Next-Gen Because of Hardware Specs, Says Chernobylite Dev

We recently interviewed The Farm 51 Creative Director Wojciech Pazdur on Chernobylite, the STALKER-inspired action/adventure game (currently out on Steam Early Access), and asked him whether that will translate into a meaningful difference for gamers. According to Pazdur, the skills of the developers and the tools used will make more of a difference than the next-gen hardware specs.

“I don’t think players will feel too much of the difference just because of the hardware specs, the same as they don’t feel it so hard for the current generation. All will be related to skills in the utilization of the tech and the engines used by developers. Even more, Uncharted 2 was so great on PlayStation 3, which was weaker than Xbox 360, and now Uncharted 4 is even greater on PlayStation 4, but not because this console is stronger than Xbox One. But I’m sure that proper SSD usage will lead us to some groundbreaking changes in development technologies and content production pipelines. And for the last 10 years, I was never so excited as I’m now to grab the Unreal Engine 5 and check what this baby really can do with all our 3D scans waiting to shine on the next generation of hardware.”

Audiophile

Gold Member
I don't think you could get such angle without RT.

You can use planar reflections which is basically rendering the world twice, once from the perspective of the player/camera and once from the perspective of the reflective surface; but this too is very expensive to do (take a look at Hitman 2 or the mirror in Sam's safehouse in Death Stranding which tanks framerates). I suspect this is RT though as RT is at least confirmed to be present elsewhere in the engine, I don't believe Insomniac used planar reflections in Spidey before and I suspect selective use of hardware-accelerated RT may actually be cheaper than running planar.

ethomaz

Banned

like clock work. every time.
"Here at Forbes, we did not receive a review code for The Last Of Us Part 2 (nor were we told why) so I’m unable to offer up any analysis or impressions."

Just the usual salty.
He made an article to complain about the scores of something he did not play.

Last edited:

Brudda26

My take on the possibly cooling solution, excuse the poor illustration. Not to scale or proportionally accurate. Using the both sides of board cooling patent leak.

Both fans will be in the pull configuration(pulling air in). Each fan pulls in the air from the intakes at each side of the console towards the top. Reason for having the heatsinks at an angle is because it reduces the width of the console whilst keeping surface area the same. Though results in a longer console. Vapour chamber on the side with the chips as that's where most of the heat will reside.
W8iJ394.jpg

My take on the possibly cooling solution, excuse the poor illustration. Not to scale or proportionally accurate. Using the both sides of board cooling patent leak.

Both fans will be in the pull configuration(pulling air in). Each fan pulls in the air from the intakes at each side of the console towards the top. Reason for having the heatsinks at an angle is because it reduces the width of the console whilst keeping surface area the same. Though results in a longer console. Vapour chamber on the side with the chips as that's where most of the heat will reside.
W8iJ394.jpg

Do you think it's possible to have fans on both sides? The vents look a little strange to me on the PS5.

Last edited:

J_Gamer.exe

Was this ever posted?

“Deathloop is a uniquely Arkane take on the first-person shooter genre, and it is being developed for a new generation of hardware,” reads the blog post. “Deathloop will launch on console exclusively for PlayStation 5 this holiday season and will run at 4K/60FPS at launch.”

Or

Join us today!
Yes THANK YOU. THANK YOU !!!

Tired of sifting through an avalanche of shit on a daily basis in this thread and others. I will do my part to keep this other thread clean and report anyone who wants to be a bit of bitch and troll.

Just wanted to say, folks were trying to sell the narrative that there was no RT on PS5, and now a bunch of games have RT and everyone is quiet about it. Even Spiderman will have RT puddles. Where's the hype about RT???

Yee, funny what happens to FUD when actual evidence comes along. Peeps still pointing to floating point peaks on paper however will continue to be surprised lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom