• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Games Sony PlayStation |OT| All Things PlayStation, For the Players

rofif

Sep 13, 2019
Every time I boot ps4 there is either a system update or Days gone update... and it downloads FOREVER !!!
Stop updating Days Gone ffs ! Let's pretend it's fully fixed already :p

Bryank75

Jan 12, 2018
Ireland

My favorite PS Podcasts and youtubers...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian Henry

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014

My favorite PS Podcasts and youtubers...

MBG is alright tend to use him for daily gaming news bits. I can't get in to Colin's podcast, I really feel like he needs someone better to bounce off of. Mystic I feel needs a more formal style since doesn't he do like mainly one video a week. I quit watching Yongyea guy since all he seems to grab on to is drama, drama, and more drama. Spawn Wave is pretty good with the gaming news as well. ReviewTechUSA is great for gaming opinion/ news as well.

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

Jan 12, 2018
Ireland
MBG is alright tend to use him for daily gaming news bits. I can't get in to Colin's podcast, I really feel like he needs someone better to bounce off of. Mystic I feel needs a more formal style since doesn't he do like mainly one video a week. I quit watching Yongyea guy since all he seems to grab on to is drama, drama, and more drama. Spawn Wave is pretty good with the gaming news as well. ReviewTechUSA is great for gaming opinion/ news as well.
Yes, I usually watch a mix of all of them, depending what they are reporting on. I like Yong specifically for Kojima stuff... I don't watch when he does drama, I think you're right though.

Colins show can be great but only when I have a lot of time free and one or two have been a bit boring for me but usually it's decent.

MBG is the most like me and reflects many of my opinions and even used an article I suggested for him to read, so I loved that.

Rich on ReviewTechUSA is entertaining, he has a great personality but he doesn't strike me as a 'PlayStation guy', so he says certain things that rub me the wrong way but it is seldom enough that I can bear it.

I actually didn't know Mystic only did one vid a week, felt like more to me...

NahaNago

Aug 29, 2014
The fake third party exclusives and nostalgia are not going to work as well next gen since most of the exclusives release on pc or on xbox at a later time and ff7, kingdom hearts, and Shenmue will have released before next gen. So I wonder if they will be wowing us with new IP next gen. Things for Sony to work on next gen would be AAA Japanese third person first party games and online multiplayer games. If that had bought Atlus it would have fixed that but Sony has that censorship love going on so I'm glad they didn't . I kind of feel like Sony just gives up online multiplayer to Microsoft when they should really be expanding in to that market while still making those cinematic games they do.

Reactions: Ian Henry

cormack12

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2013
They can probably back on retention of PS+ subscribers now the digital games market has grown. As long as they don't do anything catastrophic with regards to launch price, I don't really see a reason for people to consider MS. I mean I usually have the Sony/MS pairing, but this gen I came close to getting an X1X but there's just no exlcusives that make me really want the Xbox. I'm not talking about exclusives here, I'm talking more system sellers. Previously this would have been Gears and Forza. I got Forza on PC and the direction of Gears is not one I like to be honest after playing 4.

The censorship point is kinda an important one I guess, but it's not affected a really mainstream game yet. If it was affecting CoD or something then it would have a bigger impact. Cloud gaming needs to evidence it is legitimate - with that in mind Stadia has a good 8 or so months head start to really sell high end experience over streaming technology but it will still fall short I think.