• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next Super Smash Bros. discussion thread, Community Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They could just make the Super Leaf an item if you want SMB3 representation or are item ideas a no no. With MK7 and SM3DL the leaf is relevant again.

I'd rather a Mii character take inspiration from the "Wii" games. If only for a Wii Music inspired Ravi Drums Final Smash that is like an extreme version of DK's Bongos time a billion with no need for timing to unleash maximum damage.

And random idea 101: Quirky obscure final unlockable character can be a protoype humanoid fighter from the original Smash Bros.

They could just make the Super Leaf an item if you want SMB3 representation or are item ideas a no no. With MK7 and SM3DL the leaf is relevant again.

Oh, you just know Tanooki Melee is going to happen.

(What will this game be called, anyway? I'm guessing 'Super Smash Bros. Showdown', I can not think of any other good words for 'fight'

PokéKong

I've decided the only thing Toad related I want to see added is to hear him scream like he does in Mario Kart when Peach uses Down-B.

Oh, you just know Tanooki Melee is going to happen.

(What will this game be called, anyway? I'm guessing 'Super Smash Bros. Showdown', I can not think of any other good words for 'fight'

See, this is why it needs to go the MK route and just call it SSB4.

Dunno about everyone else, but my desire for Black Shadow to show up has nothing to do with him and everything to do with wanting a brand new Ganondorf.

If we finally get a second F-Zero character after four games and it's nothing more than a reskinned version of a previously already playable moveset I am going to complain loud and obnoxiously.

Kjellson

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. 2: Super Smash Bros.er
Super Smash Bros. with a Vengeance
Live Free or Super Smash Bros.
A Good Day to Super Smash Bros.

There, the five next SSB games. The next one will be a reboot.

Edit: DAMN YOU GREEN SCAR

Ithil

I really have no clue what they're going to call it.

I actually looked at synonyms of "fight", and obviously brawl and melee were there, but they're practically the only ones that wouldn't sound silly as a title. Super Smash Bros. Quarrel is not too cool a title.

Royale? War? I have no clue.

I've seen "Clash" suggested somewhere, but that sounds like a portable version to me, for some reason, like a 3DS edition.

I really have no clue what they're going to call it.

I actually looked at synonyms of "fight", and obviously brawl and melee were there, but they're practically the only ones that wouldn't sound silly as a title. Super Smash Bros. Quarrel is not too cool a title.

Royale? War? I have no clue.

I've seen "Clash" suggested somewhere, but that sounds like a portable version to me, for some reason, like a 3DS edition.

Super Smash Brothers: H
oe-
D
own

Playable Octoman or bust (if only for his theme)

After Mighty Gazelle he would be my F-Zero choice (actually I use him the most since deepclaw>red gazelle, damn that E body).
I was just looking at the related character themes, why have I never seen this Spade guy before?! I need him! but then I discovered I would have to beat all missions on hard, grumble.

Wasn't Super Smash Bros strife one of those fake names? that one wasn't too bad

Kjellson

If Animal Crossing would get a fighter, who would be the most likely character? Tom Nook? Never played the AC series except for a little bit of Wild World so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Also, have anyone here ever played the Custom Robo games? The series has got some recognition in the past SSB games and I wouldn't be surprised if this Ray dude got in as a fighter. But I googled some bit and saw there were several different ones like Ray 01, Ray Mk. II and Ray Mk. III. What would they call him? (I'm not expecting him in the game, but as I said, I wouldn't be surprised)

Berordn

If Animal Crossing would get a fighter, who would be the most likely character? Tom Nook? Never played the AC series except for a little bit of Wild World so I'm a bit out of the loop.

Mr. Resetti or a generic Villager character would be most likely, if they had to include a character. I think it's more likely they do like they did in Brawl and not bother having a character, just a stage and items.

I had the DS Custom Robo, I think it was the only one to reach Europe, Ray Mk3 was the main robo of the game so I guess that would be the rep, I think the same model was the Brawl Assist Trophy.

Stickers are probably gone, seeing as they were SSE exclusive (and I'm thinking they aren't going to do another one of them). I was really worried when I thought they were going to replace trophies with stickers in Brawl :lol

Berordn

Stickers are probably gone, seeing as they were SSE exclusive (and I'm thinking they aren't going to do another one of them). I was really worried when I thought they were going to replace trophies with stickers in Brawl :lol

They weren't exclusive, stickers dropped in every game mode. They just didn't have effects outside of SSE.

Berordn

Yeah, that's what I meant. Unless they a) bring back an SSE, or b) fancy having a gallery full of promo art/sprites, they're out.

I kind of liked them as option B, and it's probably a fairly painless addition so I don't see why they would remove it. I could see the console version having trophies and the 3DS version having stickers and being like SSE in that regard, though.

I kind of liked them as option B, and it's probably a fairly painless addition so I don't see why they would remove it. I could see the console version having trophies and the 3DS version having stickers and being like SSE in that regard, though.

They should release an iOS app that syncs with your save game and lets you view trophies/stickers on the go.

I'd sooner play as a member of the FIGHTING POLYGON TEAM!
You get saddled with a random polygon character, it's like the mimic character for Smash Bros.

qq more

I'd sooner play as a member of the FIGHTING POLYGON TEAM!
You get saddled with a random polygon character, it's like the mimic character for Smash Bros.

Fuck yes. Fighting Polygons were awesome. I love their song too.

I was so disappointed when I saw the crappy bland boring ass Wireframes. Such a disappointment :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What is the next step for the fighting team? Mo Cap Fighting Team? Texture Fighting Team? Pixel Fighting Team? Looks like a Flash Game will not buy Fighting Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom